Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The official live, love laugh and be happy thread

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
Just thinking and realised 2009 has been pretty pants for a lot of people on here but also allover this country and I've decided to generate a warm and fuzzy feeling as that's what I am feeling right about now.

There have been a fair number of us made redundant - Suzi, Adam the Addick, MCS and myself to name but a few. Suzis doing fine, Adam started his new job today, Olly has been quiet which hopefully means he's busy and my business kicks off in the new year.

Anyway - back to my warm and fuzzy feeling and I was just checking on my 16 month old as I went to bed and could see her beautiful face flickering in the Christmas lights. It puts all work pressures and money worries into perspective and I am so so thankful for the way things currently are. I have reasons to be happy, my baby, my beautiful wife, we moved into our dream home this year and I have my health. Even CAFC are having a good season!

All in all I just wanted to spread a little festive love and to take this opportunity to wish everyone on here a fabulous Christmas and a prosperous 2010

*raises glass*

Comments

• Options
    Good on yer Swis.

Here's wishing you and all the other lifers a great 2010..........................and promotion!

*clinks glasses*
  • Options
    Nice thread :-)

also not had the greatest 2009 but roll on 2010, things can only get better! the only way is up and so on

hopefully this applies to Charlton aswell
  • Options
    onwards and upwards.. Hope to be in a new job this time next years as I hate the retards I work with in my company.. Would like to work in a proper job not a creche full of children !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]onwards and upwards.. Hope to be in a new job this time next years as I hate the retards I work with in my company.. Would like to work in a proper job not a creche full of children !!

haha get out while u can matey, i did and so much happier for it. as for retards think thats a bit harsh but the managers yes :-) on that note has there been much recruitment? i have been told no but saw few new faces on pics of xmas part some bird looked well tasty called sarah louise poppy? whats the goss dude
  • Options
    Yeah, crap 2009 to be honest after a great 2008...

Onwards and upwards - cheers everyone :-)

boggzy
  • Options
    I've lost 3 good friends in just 2 months.

Today a friend, younger than me, suddenly died.
    He had a major stroke.

Take nothing for granted. Count your blessings. Make your life count while you have it.
    It's all you have.

Let's hope 2010 is a great year for all of us!
  • Options
    This year has been total bo***x for me and mine and won't be sorry to see it end!
    The only good things to come from it have been since the summer with the football and getting to know you lot!
    Cheers everyone, merry christmas and a very happy and prosperous new year!
  • Options
    Nice post Swis.

I've had a crap 2009 for various reasons, but i also had a crap 2008 and 2007 so its all becoming the norm. However, despite my problems i know full well there are millions far worse off than me, so you just get on with it and be grateful for the good things in your life.

Here's hoping 2010 bucks the trend.
  • Options
    Lost my Job in February, lost a four year DJ'ing residency in June, a mate younger than me had a heart attack last month & nearly died. This year has been a shocker for me cannot wait for it to end. The one thing that has kept a smile on my face though has been some of the nices stories I have heard on here Charltonlifers becoming parents for the first time (Or more) people getting engaged & married, it is genuinely nice to hear good news.

First signs that 2010 may be better for me though are already starting to show through, have been asked to apply for a job permanently where I have been temping after the Christmas break so fingers crossed. Also Charlton are not doing too badly at the moment so things are hopefully starting to turn.

To all Charlton Lifers be lucky & have a healthy & safe 2010.
  • Options
    Year started with Henry Jnr coming out of hospital with Pneumonia and is ending with him spending last weekend in hospital with a chest infection and suspected swine flu (he's fine now)

Inbetween work has been slow, my mum had to go into a care home (long and continuing battle with social services for which thanks to certain lifers for their support) and my teeth are falling apart.

So no, 2009 will not be a classic year but there have been good times (great summer holiday in France, Henry Jnr's goals and being made house captain) and the phone has been ringing with new pieces of work this week so I may delay going back to PAYE for a while longer.

Live, love, laugh and be happy everyone. Here's to a better 2010.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hello Oggy,

Sorry to hear that mate... about 6 yrs ago I lost 11 people that I knew. For everyone you lose the saying "Life is too short" hits home. Sorry ot hear about ur friend
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]Hello Oggy,

Sorry to hear that mate... about 6 yrs ago I lost 11 people that I knew. For everyone you lose the saying "Life is too short" hits home. Sorry ot hear about ur friend

Cheers, Rudders ...... it's been a difficult couple of months, so many thanks for your words of support.
    To lose 11 people in 1 year, must have been truly dreadful for you and those around you.
  • Options
    No, will be pleased to see the back of 2009.
    Lost my job, split up with my fiancee, having to sell the house we shared.

Started a new job last week though, getting on top of being by myself and am hopeful the house is going to be sold in 2010.

To eat bread without hope is still slowly to starve to death....
  • Options
    Have had 4 funerals and a wedding this year, good name for a film. This includes my brother's girlfriend of over 25 years, who he split up with at last xmas and then made up with whilst she was in hospital. She died in May at the age of 47 from cancer. Went to the funeral, her mother blamed my brother, he never even got a mention in the funeral, however the dog did. I wasn't a happy man, we went back to the house, stayed for 30 mins and never spoke to any of her family. My brother is full of guilt over the whole thing. Have invited him over to us for xmas, he's not sure what he's going to do, however he will be with me on Saturday for the spanners' match.
  • Options
    I can't pretend to have known huge amounts of heartache so far in my life, but I lost my grandmother in 2009, and that someone close to me had just slipped out of existence along with all their thoughts, feelings, emotions and the like was something I found numbingly horrible.

But in the end it sparked one of those really existential moments where you realise this is it, this is life right now passing you by, and you better bloody make the most of it.
  • Options
    How anyone can blame another person for a death through that terrible disease is beyond me?

This year hasn't been too poor for me I still have a job and gf and life well has just carried on though funds have been tight!

I really hope 2010 is a brilliant year for all lifers and their families :o)
  • Options
    Ah, nice post.

The noughties have been woeful for my family. The only highlight for all of us was the birth of my daughter in early 2006 but the rest has been total and utter rubbish. Personally, the last two years have been awful - losing my wife (now ex-wife), losing my home and having been well and truly raped financially in the divorce courts but I cant complain. I count myself as one of the lucky ones. Just sharing a pint with my brother like I did last night was priceless for me. Bipolar disorder nearly destroyed him three times over. It's been a long battle for him over the last decade and he still has a massively long battle ahead of him but not once has he complained. Not once. He's an inspiration to me and because of him and my daughter, I feel proud to be a battler and will NEVER give in. I learnt a long time ago that life IS sh*t whatever way you look at it...its just how you deal with the consequences that makes life bearable.

Hopefully, the next decade will bring some smiles, some happiness and good health to all of us. Thats all I ask for. (Well, it would be nice to see Charlton win back-to-back promotions to the PL and I can resume proper banter with AFKA...it would be nice to see Spurs win a meaningful trophy sometime soon, perhaps even qualify for the CL and take a game at home against Wolves as seriously as a game against Ars*nal...but cant expect miracles ;-)

Despite our football differences, the advice on this message board has been invaluable for me at times, especially during the last 2 years. Hopefully, I've also gone some way to address the myth that all Spurs fans are completely bonkers, deluded and fickle ;-) Cheers all.
  • Options
    Im losing my job in a few weeks and my official leaving date is 31st Dec although i can't be arsed to come in on New Year's Eve! Life can be hard and it all depends how you deal with it. You can either dwel in self pity or you can go out there fighting and trying to get what you want. If you don't get what you want then just keep trying as persistance will pay off in the end. Never give up on your dreams as anything is possible but they won't ever be possible if you just give up without being persistant. Persistance is the key :)
  • Options
    Also always think that someone out there has it worser off than you. I sometimes think that the grass is greener on the other side but it isn't always the case. I am grateful i have got a loving family, good friends and a girlfriend who is always there for me. I am in good health and i have no financial worries. I try to enjoy life by the doing the things i love doing. So even tho i am being made redundent i always look at the positive things in life :)
  • Options
    Nice one Davy. It'd be too easy for me to slip into glib cliches on a topic like this, but there's so much to be said for staying upbeat. Hopefully the end of one job will just be the catalyst for something better and more fulfilling. Good luck.

Nice thread Swisdom. We all have some uncomfortable crosses to bear, but at least for ninety minutes a couple of times a week we have a special place to go where other troubles are put on the back burner (or in the case of Saturday, refused entry for not having a ticket!). Here's to three points then, plenty more in 2010, and a memorable day in May.

Good luck everyone
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also my step dad is in hospital at the moment because of liver damage. I went to see him last night with my mum and he seemed a bit better but i just don't whats going to happen to him? I hope he will be ok and that he will be at home for xmas but all we can do hope and pray that he will be ok. Im gonna be their for my mum 100% and will go and visit him tonight.
  • Options
    I've had a b@stard 2009. But I'm looking forward to making my own luck in 2010. I know for certain that I'm going to do everything to make 2010 great for me and everyone still close to me.

Cheers everyone!