Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Therry Racon is wanted by West Brom, Leicester and Nottingham Forest?

Would this be good, bad, or make little difference to our cause this season? I think we should try and keep all our players at the moment but I don't know what money he's on and whether it might be financially sensible or not.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2771832/More-of-todays-football-stories.html

Comments

• Options
    It's the Sun.

Also on the back page they've got Liverpool after Parker for 6m. The same Liverpool who couldn't afford Michael Turner in August and had to make do with some cheapo Greek defender.
  • Options
    Last week he was wanted by Pompey, Blackburn and Fulham. He's dropping down the leagues every week.

Come on agent, must try harder.
  • Options
    Pick a player..any player thats playing well for his club...pick another club one thats in a higher division than the club said player is at link the two together type out story send to the sports editor..piss off down the pub for the rest of the day

A day in the life of a lazy sports journo.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Suprised this wasnt a slp exclusive.
  • Options
    Next week Hartlepool, Gillingham and Wycombe
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Next week Hartlepool, Gillingham and Wycombe

LOL
  • Options
    I loved the Nicky Bailey to Palarse rumour a month or two back...........................that really took the biscuit!
  • Options
    Racon is having a hissy fit because he didn't like being played out of position. Agent smells money, ups the anti and throws out garbage to the press. Getting more than a bit fed up with agents at the mo. - just whose best interests are they pursuing?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]Pick a player..any player thats playing well for his club...pick another club one thats in a higher division than the club said player is at link the two together type out story send to the sports editor..piss off down the pub for the rest of the day

A day in the life of a lazy sports journo.

About right. And then when 1 of your 100 transfer exclusives actually happens, be sure to print a 'we told you so/you heard it here first' article about it.
  • Options
    Would not be too concerned if he did go, as long as it meant we had some money freed up to get a proper left-sided midfielder and more centre back cover.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Would not be too concerned if he did go, as long as it meant we had some money freed up to get a proper left-sided midfielder and more centre back cover.

Who would play CM if Bailey got injured/suspended?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Would not be too concerned if he did go, as long as it meant we had some money freed up to get a proper left-sided midfielder and more centre back cover.

Spring or Shelvey, or even Basey?

Don't get me wrong, I like Racon when he's on form, but he just doesn't seem to do it often enough. If we have to sacrifice him to bring in a proper left mid, then I could live with it.
  • Options

sorry...he must stay, yes he's having a bit of a dip in form at the moment, but it wasn't so long ago that people were creaming themselves over how good he is....he's still the best 'ball playing' midfielder we have at the moment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]

Spring or Shelvey, or even Basey?

Don't get me wrong, I like Racon when he's on form, but he just doesn't seem to do it often enough. If we have to sacrifice him to bring in a proper left mid, then I could live with it.

he was on-form for six games in a row at the start of the season (and we won them all!)

admittedly his form has dropped off a bit and he's been in and out of the side but he's still a different class to Spring so would be a real shame to see him go

especially as he's a player who is more than capable of performing at a higher level should this season carry on going well
  • Options
    Spring and Basey are better suited to a defensive midfield role than an attacking one, Shelvey will in time develop into a good attacking CM, but I'd rather have Racon there and in reserve. He's going through a dip in form but that's no reason to get rid of him.

Is Racon this week's boo boy?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    especially as he's a player who is more than capable of performing at a higher level should this season carry on going well

exactly....should we go up, then can easily hold his own in the Champ.
  • Options
    For me Racon is not this week's boo boy , but I agree with Weegie Addick's analysis.

Although releasing fringe players like Dickson , Fleetwood , Mcloed and Mo2 are priorities ,
    Racon must be on a CCC salary and if we can get a decent fee then maybe we can get the left sided player we need plus an extra centre back cover.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]I like Racon when he's on form, but he just doesn't seem to do it often enough
    to be fair his first two years he was downed by serious injury I wonder if where he's noticed the tackles are harder he's shirking I just don't know but no reason to sell...
  • Options
    Racon is class, altough inconsistent i would not like to see him go. yes we have adequate cover but still a No from me

anyways its paper talk so doesnt mean anything, just lazy journo syndrome
  • Options
    I'm always worried about managers who fall out with players. Parky's been hailed as a great motivator and as having thinned the squad so that we have the "right type of people". Yet apparently Racon, who many of us saw as our best player is apparently unhappy at playing on the left (where I actually think he's offered more than anyone), and has paid for it with his place.

I just don't know - maybe it'd be the wrong thing to give in to a staff member that you disagree with, maybe he should have been accomodated, maybe he ought to be able to convince him that he needs to do a job for the team (which he might argue he's doing by staying with us in League One). I guess that is why Parky's in the job, and why it's a tough job. Still - if he does end up leaving us - I look forward to the revisionists telling us he was no use anyway/was a bad egg/shagged another player's granny etc. etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]I'm always worried about managers who fall out with players.
    So you wouldnt take Alex Ferguson as our manager then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]I'm always worried about managers who fall out with players.

Could have been worse, parky might have headbutted him ; - )

Curbs feel out with players as well.

Greg Shields and Jason Euell as two examples or maybe it was the players who feel out with Curbs.

Takes two to tango as they say.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    Curbs feel out with players as well.

Greg Shields and Jason Euell as two examples or maybe it was the players who feel out with Curbs.
    istock_can-of-worms.jpg
  • Options
    i think racon at times looks like a rubbish viera(thats a compliment by the way) I like him.... 2 million or hands off(I know we wont get 2 million)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]i think racon at times looks like a rubbish viera(thats a compliment by the way) I like him.... 2 million or hands off(I know we wont get 2 million)
    "You're just a rubbish Patrick Viera"
  • Options
    Would not sell him unless serious money offered.
  • Options
    Really hope he does not go, he is one of the best midfieders in the divsion along with semedo and bailey also if if we are to get up, Racon is a championship standard player. If he was sold, we would have to buy even more in that department.
  • Options
    I really hope he stays as I nearly bankrupted myself sponsoring his shirt this season !

He has shown some great quality on the ball in the past but must admit I have been disappointed in his most recent appearances. Think he needs to show some backbone and determination whenever he gets his chance or else he may well find himself surplus to requirements.
  • Options
    I said it worries me not that I would never employ anyone who ever falls out with staff.

I guess what I was trying to get over is that, with people, it's not a science and the correct way to handle it - be that taking a hard line or trying to keep everyone happy, will depend on the specific context (which we'll never know).

Regardless of whether If Sir was interested in a stint at the Valley, I'd be happy to give him a shot. However, if he fell out with people it would worry me, particularly as he'd probably not have the squad available to him to be getting in a huff. I dunno, but I'm guessing (as if to illustrate my point) that when he showed up at 'Shire and found he had 8 players on the books, he was probably not giving them the "Stam Treatment", although to be fair, they'd probably not be upsetting them with their autobiogs, either.
  • Options
    Well if we continue to play 4-4-2 and Bailey and Semedo have the 2 centre births, Racon won't be playing, unless they are injured or suspended.
    Racon is apparently not willing to play wide left.