Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your crowd at Withdean

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
A bit late I know but I've only just registered.

Just wanted to say I thought you lot brought a brilliant crowd to Withdean at the beginning of the month.

Not the greatest stadium to visit of course but you made a lot of noise despite being miles from the pitch!

Good luck for the rest of the season (except 23rd Feb of course!).

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2009
    Lol i know this was one of the fixtures i picked out aswell as leeds , milwall etc
    i thought it was hard to get an atmosphere going due to the distance from pitch.
    Good luck getting your new ground as we all know how it feels
  • Options
    Cheers, I think you lot know you will always have a lot of support from Charlton ... plus it's always one of our favourite awaydays so roll-on the new ground and hope we get a friendly down there.
  • Options
    Cheers Seagull - not easy maintaining a tune back there so glad you could hear us! Great that Falmer's finally coming together (by the way, the recognition of support for it from SE7 on your tannoy didn't go un-noticed; nice touch).
    Altogether now...
    "We hate Palarse more than you".....
  • Options
    edited December 2009
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Lol i know this was one of the fixtures i picked out aswell as leeds , milwall etc
    i thought it was hard to get an atmosphere going due to the fistance from pitch.
    Good luck getting your new ground as we all know how it feels
    SORRY ABOUT THE TRIPLE POSTS . THE COMPUTERS PLAYING UP .I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DELETE MY POSTS
  • Options
    Edit and delete. Just leave them up with a full stop as the only content
  • Options
    S_e_7. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Options
    one for Ooh Aah, this thread, methinks!!
  • Options
    haha thanks, but i thought we were pretty poor vocal wise. although that stadium doesnt exactly help

I feel sorry for you & your supporters that you have to go to there tbh and i can bet your counting down the days till your new one is open

they stuck us too far away from the pitch we could barely see most of it and for that reason if we play you again and your still there im out :-)

Best of luck with the rest of season also, im sure Poyet will sort you out and hopefully can stay clear of a relegation fight
  • Options
    Seems you were unlucky not to do us a favour against Colchester. Hope your luck changes soon (not on 23 Feb though!)

Went to the old Goldstone Ground years ago. Seem to remember it a good old fashion 'real' stadium. Hope you stay up and play your big rivals Palarse next season!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers Seagull. Proper club Brighton, that like us in the 80's and Wimbledon in the 90's have been well and truly taken to the cleaners one way or another. Hope the new stadium brings all that is hoped.

Good luck for the rest of the season, thought you'd turned a corner with Poyet and the win in that smug small town near Portsmouth but things have looked a little tricky for you lately.
  • Options
    we took the most there out of any other team this season. more than leeds!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]we took the most there out of any other team this season. more than leeds!

That can't be true. Our away support is poor. Everyone knows that.

Anyway we are nearer and we've not played their recently so it doesn't count : - )
  • Options
    their what Henry?
  • Options
    A friendly at the new stadium would be great....perhaps the FF can suggest it early....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]haha thanks, but i thought we were pretty poor vocal wise

yep i agree with that;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]their what Henry?

Team
  • Options
    Cheers Seagull.

You will find that a lot of Charlton fans have an affinity with you lot (as I have said in a previous thread, I even went on that protest at the Labour Party conference to get Prescott to pull his finger out and give the Falmer stadium planning permission) due to your struggles in the past 10-20 years and our mutual dislike of a certain bunch of stripey Surrey types....

Anyway, good luck with the Stadium (and for the rest of season, barring the 23rd Feb, obviously) and hopefully we will see you there for a friendly.
  • Options
    Live By The Sword was wearing his "They think it's all over" T Shirt given to me at the fans united game against Hartlepool back in '96?

I think there were more Charlton fans at The Goldstone that game than at the Withdean a couple of weeks back.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Seagull[/cite]A bit late I know but I've only just registered.

Just wanted to say I thought you lot brought a brilliant crowd to Withdean at the beginning of the month.

Not the greatest stadium to visit of course but you made a lot of noise despite being miles from the pitch!

Good luck for the rest of the season (except 23rd Feb of course!).

Rubbish ground mate i really hope you get a new one asap because thats really poor. Good luck to you too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SuperKent & Sussex V Slurrey/Nigels !!