Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ambrose/Thomas

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
Not sure if this has been done already.
As they seem to be doing well at their new clubs out of the two if you could only have one back who would it be Ambrose,Thomas or neither. me personally it would be Thomas,Yes he was lazy but what winger isn't.plus I was never a fan of Ambrose.

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't have either of those two lazy, inconsistent, self-centred, smug, wastes-of-space anywhere near The Valley or the training ground ever again.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: nickaspanner[/cite]Not sure if this has been done already.
    As they seem to be doing well at their new clubs out of the two if you could only have one back who would it be Ambrose,Thomas or neither. me personally it would be Thomas,Yes he was lazy but what winger isn't.plus I was never a fan of Ambrose.

I'm with you.

Thomas offered an outlet and won us a lot of free kicks even when slouching about.

If Ambrose wasn't directly contributing he just disappeared.

EDIT: following Chizz's post. I don't want them back particularly but of the two if I had to take one Thomas would be my choice.
  • Options
    Id rather Ralph Milne than those two berks.

Watched Thomas v QPR and with his ability he should be in the Prem but his final ball is still lacking.
  • Options
    Thomas seems to be fulfilling his potential at long last but for us he was a good for nothing showboating waste of space so I would never, ever want him back.
  • Options
    Both too good for us now as their current status and performaces suggest.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]I wouldn't have either of those two lazy, inconsistent, self-centred, smug, wastes-of-space anywhere near The Valley or the training ground ever again.

Not sure why but i'm getting the feeling you aint to keen on those two ;-)
  • Options
    Galling though it is, they're both doing very well now, and have annoyingly added plenty of goals to their game. However, your question also highlights how we no longer have any show-ponies who consistently fail to show up.

Everyone involved regularly in the first team works as hard as can reasonably be expected in their respective positions, which surely reflects extremely well on Parky who set about weeding out the non-triers from the word go. I don't think the spirit he's engendered should be under-estimated.
  • Options
    ambrose.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy7[/cite]Galling though it is, they're both doing very well now, and have annoyingly added plenty of goals to their game. However, your question also highlights how we no longer have any show-ponies who consistently fail to show up.

Everyone involved regularly in the first team works as hard as can reasonably be expected in their respective positions, which surely reflects extremely well on Parky who set about weeding out the non-triers from the word go. I don't think the spirit he's engendered should be under-estimated.

Agreed. Maybe I'm being naive, but I wouldn't be so sure that Ambrose would be what we need right now. We'd probably have to build the team around him to get the most out of his mercurial talents, and I'm not sure it'd be worthwhile considering we're winning games as it is.

Thomas would slot in pretty well though, as the left wing is a problem position, and a position where you're allowed to be sporadically brilliant.
  • Options
    Neither. You should never go back, footballers, managers, ex girlfriends etc etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]Neither. You should never go back, footballers, managers, ex girlfriends etc etc

I don't really think that's a principle that always applies. Jermaine Defoe's doing alright isn't he?
  • Options
    Neither. They only improved (though I've not watched either for an entire 90 minute game since they left, just highlights...) because they left. Fresh start, new manager, last chance for both perhaps.

Neither would fit into our team well as starting players anyway. They don't offer as much defensively or in terms of work rate as Sam or Wagstaff do, and we don't know what their attitudes were/are like in training, in the dressing room etc.
  • Options
    the club changed with the inclusion if these two "types" of players.....

the reason we had success was becasue we had proper charlton people at the foundation level....

we build on solid structure, and then added along the way, Brown, Kinsella... etc

and then we got to a certain level and curbs was able to add , but we then hit a wall.... murpht, jeffers, rommers, all non charlton with different motives and ultimately we have had to go all the way back to the start......

which is cool, becasue we now have bailey, burton, elliot, dailly, which is much more in the charlton mold.....

and we will build, I think Parky is doing an excellent job and I feel with the TEAM SPIRT which he is building the future is bright...

COME ON YOUREDS!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Thomas was lazy indeed but he always could provide that spark at any moment.

Ambrose, like Rommedahl would have a great spell where he looks top draw, then has an even longer spell where he is non exsistant.
    Which is very frustrating.

Therefore, Thomas.
  • Options
    well said Mascot88 and long may this continue !!
  • Options
    Thomas when he hits his peak at 29 or so and it matters to him more towards the end of his career. No clue how old he is now and cba to look it up.

Ambrose when he was a nipper with Ipswich

Now neither, too infuriating all that wasted talent they didn't show us enough of. Attempted to avoid whinging and moaning at our players but was very hard to resist moaning about either of them. Give me a Browny type player anyday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Both too good for us now as their current status and performaces suggest.

exactly .... we're not the club that people previously wanted to join ....
  • Options
    I'd go for jerome, definately premiership quality(well just about) and very dangerous winger would be just what we need on the left wing at the mo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]I wouldn't have either of those two lazy, inconsistent, self-centred, smug, wastes-of-space anywhere near The Valley or the training ground ever again.
    parky also wouldn't ave em back!