Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Youga out a few weeks longer/Richardson out for Millwall

Comments

• Options
    bugger.

Still Omo and Basey have been part of a winning team for the past few weeks.
  • Options
    shame but we have enough quality to cover them
  • Options
    I thought Youga was "close" according to Parky? Ah well as has been said the lads that have been playing haven't let anyone down. Solly's back in training. Also think I saw Clark at the youths the other night, so we're maybe considering a recall.
  • Options
    not good....
  • Options
    Rushing players back from injury or getting them to play while carrying one is a risky business - and probably the greatest concern I have had this season. Parky himself as a player was a bit of a toughnut regarding this - a la Nicky Bailey and Kins - and I have a feeling that he sometimes expects others to play on through the pain barrier when we'd be better off letting them fully recover. Tricky when we have such a thin squad, though.

Does anyone know what exactly is wrong with Youga's knee? I remember Darren Bent playing most of the relegation season with medial ligament damage, and it probably didn't do us or him much good with hindsight. Don't know if Youga has the same problem, but if so, it's one of those injuries that only rest can really cure.

Still, I'm sure Basey and Suzi will rise to the occasion on Sat...
  • Options
    Basey is excellent cover at LB and Omozusi has been improving with every match.

In some ways I'd rather keep a settled back four than have someone returning who isn't match fit.
  • Options
    “Chris Solly is back in training and will play in the reserves on Tuesday.”