Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs. Millwall - 19/12/2009 - Polls, Views, Teams, Predictions and Pre-Match Video

WSSWSS
edited December 2009 in General Charlton
I compare playing Millwall to visiting the mother-in-law regularly while she rarely comes round to your house and when she does it just pisses you off and you wish she would go away.

That’s very much how Charlton and Millwall’s footballing timelines have panned out over the years – Charlton have been a bigger club in terms of league status and position, tiptoeing down to the lower depths of the football league ladder to check it out before quickly climbing back up to out rightful place. Millwall have been the opposite, always a lower league team who rarely venture up the ladder, and once they even fell from the very top of a ladder straight to the floor. Remember that?

Anyway, Saturday’s game comes 13 years after we last met them in the league and many people from the ages of 15-25 are unlikely to have many vivid memories of Charlton vs. Millwall so Saturday’s game could really establish a new rivalry for many, albeit hopefully just for a season…

The Charlton team is unlikely to look much different from Saturday’s hard fought win up at Edgeley Park especially as Frazer Richardson and Kelly Youga ca’tn prove their fitness. Scott Wagstaff and Lloyd Sam need to attack the Millwall full backs on a regular basis to provide Dave and Deon the chances to bang in a couple.

I have no doubt the likes of Bailey, Semedo, Dailly, Sodje and Rob Elliot are going to be bang up for this, I just hope all aggression and passion is exerted in the right way and no silly mistakes are made.

I think their two main threats are still out (?) in Alexander and Harris but we will need to keep an eye on Morison who has scored 6 goals recently – all at The Toolbox.

Amid all of the hoohaa of this game we do need to remember it is just another game in a 46 season and regardless of the result we will still be ahead of our target of 2 points per game…BUT WE WANT TO BEAT THIS F*CKING LOT!!!

Lloyd Sam in the snow – Charlton 2-0 Milwall.

Pre Match Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnxVSiSsOGk

Other Games of Note
Colchester v Carlisle POSTPONED
Leeds United v Southampton
MK Dons v Brentford
Norwich v Huddersfield
Swindon v Brighton
Tranmere v Bristol Rovers
Walsall v Leyton Orient

Comments

• Options
    I have gone for the draw, should really batter them, but these games seldom work out in our favour.
  • Options
    Im going for a 3-0nil win to us, we will rise to the occasion and happy days :-)
  • Options
    Who voted for them?..come on, own up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Who voted for them?..come on, own up.

Groucho?

Charlton 3-1 Millwall

Dailly to get the 1st in front of the Jimmy Seed.
  • Options
    Not going to be pretty but Gritty and Kins will remind them what it is all about.

If we can match their effort we know we can outplay them. Away from the New London Stadium they aren't all that so 2 - 0 to us.

Burton 8 MOTM
  • Options
    Think it'll be tight but reckon we'll nick it. I reckon the scorer will be someone unusual like McKenzie or McLeod.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Who voted for them?..come on, own up.

Groucho?

Charlton 3-1 Millwall

Dailly to get the 1st in front of the Jimmy Seed.

His opinion counts? :-)
  • Options
    With Richardson and Youga fully fit, i could have seen us walking it. Now, i think it will be a lot tighter.

I suspect it will be similar to the Southend game, and like that one the ability to take a half chance is crucial.
  • Options
    Looking at the other League 1 fixtures this is a good opportunity to increase the gap on some of our rivals. Going to be a tense old time for one and all! Just wish I could be there. Really hope I'm wrong but have gone for a draw (their cup final this). 2-2 with Millwall to score first and last (It's going to be one of those days).

What I'd give for an easy 4-0 with 3 goals in the first half hour though. Come on Santa, please!
  • Options
    should win but they are shite and will resort to trying to kick us off the park , anyway 3-1 to us semedo hat trick cos he f-----g hates millwall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    6-0 to us, about time we gave them a good hiding
  • Options
    Hard fought win 2-1. 2 early goals then we try and sit back and they get confident after bundling 1 in with 10 minutes to go and we have (yet another) last 10 minutes of fear...
  • Options
    3-1 to us.

Two Mooney goals, one just before and one just after half time, but a late goal from them makes for a nervy last 10 minutes until an injury time clincher from Jonjo.
  • Options
    I fear our bottle will go for this one. 2-1 Millwall.

Hope I'm wrong though!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]Come on Santa, please!
    I will do no such thing.... You animal
  • Options
    We've played ok in the tough matches this season - Leeds and MK Dons etc and we have enough to beat an average Millwall side.

Unchanged XI from last Saturday.
  • Options
    Of course my opinions count!

1-1 - Morison for us. Bailey for you. Rubbish game.
  • Options
    2-1 Millwall.

Their fans will go loopy even though its only the same as Bristol Rovers to them, it will all go off after the game, our ticket allocation will be restricted to 2500 in the Upper Tier only, and we'll sell 1800 :)
  • Options
    PS: 25 arrests, 56 evicted.
  • Options
    1-0, Bailey late winner in front of covered end
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I recon 34 seats, 3 Urinals and 2 toiletrs will be smashed up in the Jimmy Seed Stand.
  • Options
    Do a palace and leave them like it.
  • Options
    Other Games of Note
    Colchester v Carlisle
    Leeds United v Southampton
    MK Dons v Brentford
    Norwich v Huddersfield
    Swindon v Brighton
    Tranmere v Bristol Rovers
    Walsall v Leyton Orient

Col U vs Carlisle - 0-0 would be nice
    Leeds V S'hampton - could easily be a draw
    Norwich V Hudds - could easily be a draw
    MK Dons V Brentford - could easily be a draw

This weekend could be a real chance to assert ourselves a bit on this division and if all goes to plan could see us go top again - and pull further away from our chasers

COYR
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I fear our bottle will go for this one. 2-1 Millwall.

Hope I'm wrong though!

Ever the pesimists; I'll go 1 - 0 Millwall.
  • Options
    what southend said .... plus i feel sick they are such gobby *****.... why oh why have we sunk this fucking low and yes i am a footballing snob give me the premiership over this pub stuff anyday
  • Options
    Millwall to win as per usual - the horribleist feelings in your guts and reality strikes for all the youngsters that still feel palace are their main hate........oh that's why these guys hate millwall.......back to accepting a draw as a win :(

Feel free to judge me Saturday evening........will be happy to get this wrong but this is charlton!

And I have never owned rose tinteds, but would love too, one day soon!
  • Options
    I work with loads of them a win or I will never hear the end of it, four clear goals would be good what about 6-2, 2-0 at half time they come back to 2-2 then we absolutely stuff them in the last 20 minutes......
  • Options
    I hope something happens early. a goal, penalty or a dirty tackle. Really set the tone for the rest of the game and get our fans really going. Im certain the players will respond. 2-1 Charlton.
  • Options
    COME ON YOU HADDOCK AND CHIP LOVERS!!!

I cant wait for this, good old south london derby at its finest..... 3-1 the haddocks, millwall own goal from harris, burton penalty goal, and elliot doing an extra spesh tunnel celebration, setting up the best xmas for a good few years!

And

An extra loud and long VFR....... COME ON YOU REDS!
  • Options
    Just hoping!!!