Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dickson poised for Valley return

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4803853.Dickson_poised_for_Valley_return/

Comments

• Options
    NoOOooOOooooOOOooooo
  • Options
    You've been busy News Shopper!!
  • Options
    i love thursdays.

Press conference and all the NS reports
  • Options
    Yes today has been a bit more mental than usual with the derby game and all that brings. Can't wait until Saturday now.
  • Options
    The Pro Charlton Athletic News Shopper, that is my type of paper pity I live in Surrey!!
  • Options
    News shopper a bit slow on this. Parky said he was comming back at last weeks Bromley addicks meeting week
  • Options
    of course Bromley Addicks has all the inside info first even before the OS!

What are the stats on dicko at rovers?

Seemed to remember reading on here how well he was doing after a few games and the rovers had closed the gap on CAFC.

How many goals v goals?
    How many points for CA and for BR?
    Size of gap then and now?
  • Options
    He's obviously only stopping off on his way to Barcelona :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]The Pro Charlton Athletic News Shopper, that is my type of paper pity I live in Surrey!!
    same!
  • Options
    ooohhhh.... test of parkys management skills..... this bloke is a cnacer in the dressing room I reckon.....

move him on quick time... well give him, another chance... but just the one chance......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DPFC[/cite]News shopper a bit slow on this. Parky said he was comming back at last weeks Bromley addicks meeting week[/quote]

Not everyone was there for that though
  • Options
    nice positive comments from Parky

let's hope Dickson takes them onboard, shows a good attitude and gives those of us who have championed his cause over the past 18 months something to smile about
  • Options
    Thought he looked pretty decent at Brentford last year.....
  • Options
    I was impressed with him at Brentford, ok he missed a couple of chances but got himself into good positions and on another day would have come away with a goal or two and an assist for the pen. If he plays like that week in week out then he should score goals and form a good partnership with Burton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]I was impressed with him at Brentford, ok he missed a couple of chances but got himself into good positions and on another day would have come away with a goal or two and an assist for the pen. If he plays like that week in week out then he should score goals and form a good partnership with Burton.

Agreed however when they're all fit, i think Parky's preferred partnership will be Burton and Mooney
  • Options
    So do I but Mooney is a couple of weeks away I think from fitness and Dickson could be good to come off the bench!
  • Options
    Although I rate Dickson & felt he had a good game against Brentford, I have to agree with Chris from Sidcup and think that Parky will use Dickson as an "impact" player - bringing him on from the bench with about 15/20 mins to go.

Also I do feel that the timing of all this with McLeod going and Mooney staying for the rest of the season smacks a bit of "we ain't got anymore money - Sodje's staying at Sheff Wed, so we'll have to keep Dicko"
  • Options
    Also I do feel that the timing of all this with McLeod going and Mooney staying for the rest of the season smacks a bit of "we ain't got anymore money - Sodje's staying at Sheff Wed, so we'll have to keep Dicko"[/quote]

I think the money we do have and may bring in will go on a left midfielder. Hopefully Puncheon but the other Plymouth winger Noone? looked handy at out place
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]Also I do feel that the timing of all this with McLeod going and Mooney staying for the rest of the season smacks a bit of "we ain't got anymore money - Sodje's staying at Sheff Wed, so we'll have to keep Dicko"[/quote]

but at least if you are right, Parkinson is not saying that and is bigging CD up, he's a confidence player and it can only help to be regarded as having a big part to play.

I would like to gwet Noone, just for his name, I could spend a whole season with pun's about no one being on the wing!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    I would like to gwet Noone, just for his name, I could spend a whole season with pun's about no one being on the wing!

lol, Kap ....!

In fact, we've had no one playing on the left all season!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    I would like to gwet Noone, just for his name, I could spend a whole season with pun's about no one being on the wing![/quote]

lol, Kap ....![/quote]

We go a whole season without a natural left sided player and after the transfer window we have no one on the left!!!! Boom Boom!!
  • Options
    Good luck to Dickson if he gets back in the team but i just have a feeling that he'll be gone by the end of the month if we can get the targets we're after. I think Parky is just talking Dickson up, as he'll achieve nothing by running the guy down.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Good luck to Dickson if he gets back in the team but i just have a feeling that he'll be gone by the end of the month if we can get the targets we're after. I think Parky is just talking Dickson up, as he'll achieve nothing by running the guy down.[/quote]

I think Parky probably thinks it makes sense to keep him. Any transfer fee received now is likely to mimimal given his contract is nearly expired and his wages until the end of the season are unlikely to be huge. I would imagine it would work out as expensive to sell him and keep Sodje on loan.