Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Help needed to get home!

Everybody

Flying in from Prague tonight, much delayed, so...

If I get the tube to North Greenwich from Heathrow, and get there about 21.30, would I expect to find black cabs outside? If not, anbody care to recommend a minicab company who can pick me up (to go to Eltham)?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Ledge, do you want a fare?
  • Options
    Good luck R.
  • Options
    At worst, you should be able to get 161 to Eltham from there.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Madness are on at the O2 tonight. I don't know what time they finish but they start at 6:30. It can be chaos getting public transport away from North Greenwich after a big concert at O2. I would get off at the stop before, Canary Wharf, and get the DLR to Lewisham where you can almost guarantee at least one Black cab waiting and if not one will be along pretty quickly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]At worst, you should be able to get 161 to Eltham from there.
    Or a 132 - far quicker!
  • Options
    oopps, bus and train alert thread!
  • Options
    You should be fine at NG - black cabs can go in and out via Millennium Way instead of having to go through the f***ed up bus station/car park combo.
  • Options
    Thanks for the various suggestions, guys, and the Madness heads-up. I've got a fair bit of luggage so some of those options aren't so attractive.

Inspector, do you think there would be black cabs hanging around at that time?
  • Options
    I've got cabs home from there before mate , always one there
  • Options
    Great, somebody whispered me a number for Greenwich cabs too, so looks like I'm sorted.

Cheers all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You're lucky you're a Charlton fan, there's no other club in the land that could give you such clear and concise travel information as an Addick Anorak...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]You're lucky you're a Charlton fan, there's no other club in the land that could give you such clear and concise travel information as an Addick Anorak...

LOL
  • Options
    Anoraks we may be but its a good feeling . I'm at Prague airport now and there is a proper plane with a proper red white and blue tailfin, waiting to take me home. We're going to win tomorrow.

Cheers all
  • Options
    Hope you're home safe - and enjoy the match PA!
  • Options
    sorry mate would gladly picked u up but was on a tour of North London last night. there will always be taxis outside
  • Options
    Jeez...I finally got home at 01.30, and minus my suitcase. Unbelievable chaos at Heathrow. So I took the last train into Paddington and then a black cab. And wouldnt you believe it, the cabbie turned out to be a Spanner. Well he was a genial one, so I gave him a good tip, because I had the feeling it will help:-)

Anyway, I'm here and can't wait for it.

Ledge, are you a black cab or minicab? I could give you a shout in the future, if Eltham to or from LHR or LGW is interesting for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011