Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just been to The Valley - Seen more frost in my freezer

Just been there to pick up a ticket for my daughter and was a little concerned that tomorrow might be called off. Hardly any snow on the ground in or around The Valley so unless conditions drastically change I am certain it will go ahead.........COYR

Comments

• Options
    Good news....and thanks Shooters.
  • Options
    It will go ahead but with a lot of people missing.
  • Options
    unless tonights low temperatures cause a mass freeze around the ground cos it aint gonna warm up tomorrow
  • Options
    f*ckin' magic - just had a call and my game tomorrow has been called off

old Man is on the way down to the ground now to get me a ticket - you beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Am praying this game is called off.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]Am praying this game is called off.[/quote]

selfish swine :-)
  • Options
    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4805758.Addicks_confident_Millwall_derby_will_survive_freeze/
  • Options
    CAFC are saying the game will (probably) go ahead. But they don't seem to be considering how difficult it will be to get there. Down here near Maidstone we're snowed in and there is no guarantee the trains will run tomorrow.
  • Options
    One C/Lifer who would love to have the game called off is JimmyMelrose - he was due to fly in from Lyon this evening to spend xmas at home with his parents...........just found out his flight as been cancelled !!

may be a blessing in disguise for the rest of though as he has not seen a win at the Valley for about 3 years in about half a dozen games !
  • Options
    He said he was hoping the game would stay on! ;-)

Sorry Jimmy to hear though - hopefully we'll get a result for you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite]CAFC are saying the game will (probably) go ahead. But they don't seem to be considering how difficult it will be to get there. Down here near Maidstone we're snowed in and there is no guarantee the trains will run tomorrow.
    Right or wrong, they won't care about people in Maidstone, they'll care about the a2 and the surrounding roads in and around The Valley
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite]CAFC are saying the game will (probably) go ahead. But they don't seem to be considering how difficult it will be to get there. Down here near Maidstone we're snowed in and there is no guarantee the trains will run tomorrow.

You don't postpone a game because some fans may find it difficult to get there.
  • Options
    Thanks WSS. They cared about me when they wanted me to renew my season ticket.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite]Thanks WSS. They cared about me when they wanted me to renew my season ticket.
    Very true, but as I say it will be the local conditions that determine whether it goes ahead or not.
  • Options
    Any other game (within reason) i would stay indoors and follow CL commentary. But i want to be there for this one.
    So. 9AM walk (trudge) to East Farleigh station. If anything is running on the tracks (even a chuffin' handcart) get to Strood. Freeze to death there for hours, in the hope of a train to Charlton. Arrive at Charlton, avoid the Spanners who will no doubt arrive at the same time.
    How to get home after............................no idea.
    Looks like a fun day out.......................................we had better win...........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite]Any other game (within reason) i would stay indoors and follow CL commentary. But i want to be there for this one.
    So. 9AM walk (trudge) to East Farleigh station. If anything is running on the tracks (even a chuffin' handcart) get to Strood. Freeze to death there for hours, in the hope of a train to Charlton. Arrive at Charlton, avoid the Spanners who will no doubt arrive at the same time.
    How to get home after............................no idea.
    Looks like a fun day out.......................................we had better win...........

You could always go to Gillingham ;0)
  • Options
    Does the Valley Express go that way?
  • Options
    good news then :-) cheers shooters for posting, now not worried about it getting called of
  • Options
    Keep everything crossed for me and Mr Weegie - due to fly from Glasgow to Stansted in the morning, so need the flight not to be cancelled, the trains to be running and the match to be on...might be wishful thinking....

Sorry to hear that Jimmy Melrose is stranded.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Daggs[/cite]
    Down here near Maidstone we're snowed in

You can be honest with us pal, we're not your boss :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm retired.
  • Options
    jimmymelrose is now flying in early tomorrow morning, if it's Stanstead I might see you there Weegie !!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Keep everything crossed for me and Mr Weegie - due to fly from Glasgow to Stansted in the morning, so need the flight not to be cancelled, the trains to be running and the match to be on...might be wishful thinking....

Sorry to hear that Jimmy Melrose is stranded.

if today is anything to go by the trains from that way may be your biggest concern. If not the coaches have been running to Stanstead from Liverpool St station.
  • Options
    Take care if u r getting off at charlton stn tomo, as parts of the platform are like an ice rink.
  • Options
    a2 and a20 are supposed to be snowed on again tmrw. so which way can the valley express from tonbridge get there?
  • Options
    Same problem for me as I said in the match preview thread. Hour and a half drive from the coast in East Sussex. Frustrating as we obviously already have tickets for the match rather than being able to buy what we need on the day.
  • Options
    Yes today Maidstone has been cut off from the rest of civilisation but it's like that most days down here;-)
    ( sorry fellow stoners I love it here really )
    Providing the snow doesn't bombard us again too much, should be able to get up there tomorrow even if it is via Chatham and Valley Express God bless it :-)