Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parkinson disappointed by late Millwall equaliser

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4813193.Parkinson_disappointed_by_late_Millwall_equaliser/

Comments

• Options
    "Parkinson disappointed by late Millwall equaliser"

NO SH*T SHERLOCK....
  • Options
    dont worry parky the big gillingham derby in march,the big one.
  • Options
    not as disappointed as me phil
  • Options
    Footballgeddon as it was described to me by the bloke sitting next to me.

Couldn't have asked for more in terms of entertainment. As for the team, well it was cold, it was always going to be a tough game. We were woeful at the back but the mark of a good side is we underperformed and got a point, where as they won't play better this season and could only manage a draw.
  • Options
    i dread to think how they will perform at the den.
  • Options
    we will get stuffed. FACT
  • Options
    can never understand cowardly perfomances,how do you go missing on the pitch its not a boxing ring .
  • Options
    Parky is a lucky man to manage this club. He clearly doesn't realise how much.
    They were rubbish today.
    And its his fault
    Lucky lucky unworthy man
  • Options
    “But our feeling on the touchline when we made it 3-2 was that we then took our foot off the gas and invited Millwall back on to us."

Well isn't it your job to make sure we don't?! I'm not anti-Parkinson at all but that is a ridiculous comment. Saying that, I'm sure that header was well over the line when the keeper claimed to have saved it on the line. The linesman bottled it on that one which would have put us 4-2 up and game over.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Cuff[/cite]Parky is a lucky man to manage this club. He clearly doesn't realise how much.
    They were rubbish today.
    And its his fault
    Lucky lucky unworthy man

They weren't rubbish today. They were the better side, but they were a side at their best. We can, and have played a lot better this season, we didn't deserve 3 points, we weren't good enough for them, but the quality between the two sides is shown by the fact that we were the worst team on that pitch but looked the most likely to win it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Cuff[/cite]Parky is a lucky man to manage this club. He clearly doesn't realise how much.
    They were rubbish today.
    And its his fault
    Lucky lucky unworthy man

They weren't rubbish today. They were the better side, but they were a side at their best. We can, and have played a lot better this season, we didn't deserve 3 points, we weren't good enough for them, but the quality between the two sides is shown by the fact that we were the worst team on that pitch but looked the most likely to win it.

Still only scored one goal in open play against a team who had ten men for an hour. Doesn't sound to great does it ?
  • Options
    i still cant believe how sam can be so lacking in heart and desire.good night
  • Options
    They were rubbish today.
    And its his fault
    Lucky lucky unworthy man

disagree.....

unbeaten at home, 4 points clear of thrid....

if he gets us promoted hes a bloody magician having sold everyone of any worth or quality a long time ago...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]
    They were rubbish today.
    And its his fault
    Lucky lucky unworthy man

Still only scored one goal in open play against a team who had ten men for an hour. Doesn't sound to great does it ?

No, but that accounts for just an hour of our season. I'll tell you what does sound great though: Being 4 points clear in second place, 22 games in.
  • Options
    ah, this is my kind of thread!
    No blinkers or rose tinteds!
    Yes, and i was gutted at the way we threw it away at the end.
    Not to mention the hatred i felt at 2-0 down!
    Millwall will alway be there to dissapoint us, no matter what!
    Really wanted to enjoy it but 10 men?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Cuff[/cite]Parky is a lucky man to manage this club. He clearly doesn't realise how much.
    They were rubbish today.
    And its his fault
    Lucky lucky unworthy man[/quote]

Totally agree, and that Pardew was unlucky because he could not get the same group,more or less to play for him. Its a good thing that this group of players have blended and built a team spirit despite Parkinson, pulled together some tactics in a few games to make sure we have got to 2nd place and that Burton has finally realised that a strikers job is to score goals and motivated himself to do it,thank god Christian Dailly phoned Richard Murray and said despite Parkinson being manager he wanted to play at a club in Greenwich so he would get free tickets for 2012 etc.......ect......etc . Where Parkinson really does blow out is that he is not better than Sir Alex Fergusson - its a disgrace.
  • Options
    Parky out.

I know some will say that's harsh given that he hasn't spent anything on players while watching half his squad disappear to be replaced by loan signings and free transfers but that's irrelevant.

Neither is it good enough that we are second in the league, still in a promotion place and unbeaten at home.
  • Options
    I was pissed and angry when I wrote my comments
    Now I'm just angry.
    Yeah I know that over the season is what you judge it on so can't complain.don't see why this needs to be about my credentials, but having been at northwich and holding on to my sanity, I feel I am allowed to make a point.
    I've stood up for parky a lot this season. Yesterday we were out passed by ten men. We were lucky to get a point.
    We started with no tempo. We clearly weren't as up for it as them. Why?????
    Its just one game but its a massive game. He doesn't seem to have apprecited that.
    Everyone on here would kill for his job. Maybe a combination of the circumstances in which he got the job, the fact he got every decision wrong yesterday, and the total misery of supporting this club in the last few seasons, got the better of me.
  • Options
    Does he talk to fans? Or people that work for the club?
    Does he honestly think yesterday was just another game?
    I'm sure all the good supporters who got twatted, insulted, intimidated yesterday agree with him
  • Options
    Disapointed !!!!!!

Felt like I had been kicked in the bollox
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    anyone who expected more than a point from that game hasn't been to enough charlton v scum games .... bogey team FACT
  • Options
    Good point!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cuff[/cite]Does he talk to fans? Or people that work for the club?
    I'm sure all the good supporters who got twatted, insulted, intimidated yesterday agree with him

Yes he does talk to fans and he knows how important the game was and he told the players.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cuff[/cite]Does he talk to fans? Or people that work for the club?

No, the person who attended Bromley Addicks a few weeks ago and a Fans Forum evening a few weeks before that was an expensive hologram.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]anyone who expected more than a point from that game hasn't been to enough charlton v scum games .... bogey team FACT[/quote]

Back to our winning ways (accepting draws).
    Just hope we got the balls to pack the away end at Millwall (Upper and lower tiers, please)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Cuff[/cite]Does he talk to fans? Or people that work for the club?
    [/quote]

No, the person who attended Bromley Addicks a few weeks ago and a Fans Forum evening a few weeks before that was an expensive hologram.[/quote]

Finally the truth is out
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]

Yes he does talk to fans and he knows how important the game was and he told the players.

Really, do you think the players needed to be told. They all knew the importance of this game and what it meant to the fans. Thats a fact and they didn't need parky telling them.
  • Options
    Even if they do not know the importance of the game they still ought to be going out to win it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Even if they do not know the importance of the game they still ought to be going out to win it

Exactly...They should play to win and to the best of their ability everytime they put that shirt on. Not because its an important game,every game is important
  • Options
    Did you see Basey's reaction to our third? If that's him not up for it, I'd hate to see him when he is.