Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mark Hughes has been sacked.

You could see it coming. Bit unfair on him but he hardly spent their money wisely!

Comments

• ridiculous decison
  • edited December 2009
    Roberto Mancini has come in with Brian Kidd as his assistant.

Hughes career shouldn't get affected too much, he should be able to join a mid-table premiership side.
  • These billionaires are used to their money getting them whatever they want - they need to learn that money cannot buy you success. It takes to build a team - Mark Hughes has been harshly treated and shouldn't have been sacked.
  • Been on borrowed time since the takeover in reality. Shame but seems to have lost the dressing room. Too many egos there.

It's not proper football in the elite of the PL anyway. Give me a good old SE London derby any day. Win or lose!
  • you knew it was coming all of their money they need a higher class manager than mark hughes
    although i think he did an ok job with them
  • Mancini is a stopgap until Mourinho becomes available or maybe another more experienced manager like Hiddinck.
  • I thought Sparky did a decent job, under immense pressure, from a bunch of individuals who thought they could stroll in and just buy success.....

Instant success is what they demanded,this decision was made weeks ago. I get the impression that Robinho's people were stirring it as well.....
  • Never convinced that appointing a manager's assistant for him is a good idea - surely Mancini will want to bring in his own people.

Will be interesting to see if Kidd really is the number two, or whether he is part of a bigger team.
  • I cant help but feel for british managers these days. This was one of the last chances for a british manager to take on a potentially top 4 job. Yes Alex is at United but do you think they employ british after i'm not so sure.

British managers must think is it worth going through all this when even our fa dont think we can produce a decent coach.

As for Hughes well i hope this Mancini back fires and they get f all. I mean is he that much better? He won 3 titles 2 of which were gimmies because other clubs had restrictions
  • I love all the pish on Sky about needing to get a more experienced manager. He's a more experienced manager than Hughes, and has managed, played for and won things at big/massive clubs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't think Mancini will lead them to where they want to go. As said Seria A is poor nowadays, Juve are coming back from relegation, and AC Milan are just too old.

Feel a little sorry for Hughes, he wasn't that far off 4th and he would've been able to invest in January plus a semi with a declining United side in the carling cup, things weren't too bad, though he'll get a big pay off so it's not all bad.

Have a feeling Mourinho might be there come the summer.
  • Mancini may be a great success but his first title was awarded to Inter following Juventus's relegation and then the next season only Inter of the big teams didn't have a points deduction or played in Serie B

Fair do's as Juve and the others were cheating but Mancini is not a huge step up from Hughes. Personally I think he will do well with City if they give him time but will they?

When I heard he has Brian Kidd as his assistant I laughed. Now how does he keep getting jobs?
  • Didn't Mancini look a bit like Max Wall and play for QPR?
  • Hughes is a good manager, and it could be said his treatment has been a little harsh, but was he ever going to be the man to take them to the very top? Chelsea in a similar situation were very quick to axe Ranieri, and many were appalled, but they brought in Mourinho and the rest is history.

I'm sad that a British manager wasn't given an extended chance at a potentially top 4 club, but in fairness, it's not their job to consider that. If you're spending 200 million on players I don't begrudge them trying to get the very best manager to go with that investment.

Having said that, they haven't exactly brought in a Mourinho or Hiddink, which would have made the decision far more justifiable in my eyes. I guess I'll see how Mancini does before making a proper judgement.