Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ref Help Please

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
Any refs on here who can explain why there wasn't a booking even a booking for the first penalty (he looked like the last defender to me so I assumed he'd get a straight red) and the second which was clearly a straight red/

Comments

• Options
    I can only assume that the ref thought that Mooney was going away from goal (and was indicating such). On that basis he was saying it wasn't a clear goalscoring opportunity. Not saying I agree with him, just the only explaination I can give.

As for the yellow not even being awarded. Well I sometimes think refs give yellow when they award pens as a bit of a kop-out. If it was 'just a foul', then should every foul during the game result in a yellow? Again not saying I agree, just trying to look at it from the (very erratic) refs view.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]On that basis he was saying it wasn't a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Stone is right.

Most people seem to think it's "the last man" in order for a defender to be sent off in the case of a professional foul.

The interpretation is, however, that it has to be the denying of a clear goalscoring opportunity.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]On that basis he was saying it wasn't a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Stone is right.

Most people seem to think it's "the last man" in order for a defender to be sent off in the case of a professional foul.

The interpretation is, however, that it has to be the denying of a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Thanks for clearing that up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JorgeCosta[/cite]

Stone is right.

Thanks for clearing that up.

The decision summed the ref up. He pointed that Mooney was heading away from goal. Rubbish. Mooney had cocked the trigger and was about to shoot. Both pens were red cards.
  • Options
    I have to say that Mooney went down VERY easily for the 1st penalty. It happened right in front of me and I didn't see any contact at all with the Millwall no.3. Mooney just sort of crumpled and fell before the defender put in any sort of tackle. Anyway, it fooled the ref so I guess I have to say "well done".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]I can only assume that the ref thought that Mooney was going away from goal (and was indicating such). On that basis he was saying it wasn't a clear goalscoring opportunity. Not saying I agree with him, just the only explaination I can give.

As for the yellow not even being awarded. Well I sometimes think refs give yellow when they award pens as a bit of a kop-out. If it was 'just a foul', then should every foul during the game result in a yellow? Again not saying I agree, just trying to look at it from the (very erratic) refs view.

Stone is right.

He was clean through on goal and one on one with the keeper. If that isn't a goal scoring opportunity then I don't know what is. We defended badly, but the ref and his linesman had an absolute shocker today
  • Options
    first one red.... 2nd never a red 2 millwall players on line
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]I can only assume that the ref thought that Mooney was going away from goal (and was indicating such). On that basis he was saying it wasn't a clear goalscoring opportunity. Not saying I agree with him, just the only explaination I can give.

Stone is right.

He was clean through on goal and one on one with the keeper. If that isn't a goal scoring opportunity then I don't know what is. We defended badly, but the ref and his linesman had an absolute shocker today

The rules state it has to be a clear goal scoring opportunity AND he had to be moving toward the goal. The ref's opinion was that he wasn't heading toward the goal, so fair enough. Not sure why he sent the bloke off for the second. Would have to see it (several) times again!
  • Options
    He was uniformly awful in almost all decisions, but it was actually a booking. The second one it looked like the Milwall player got the ball to me, so the red was wrong. Akpo was clearly brought down in the 2nd and should have been a pen, but having ballsed up the second one I'm guessing he didn't dare give a third, but tellingly didn't book Sodje. Not fit to take charge of a match like that, but Milwall will probably feel worse about him than us.
  • Options
    Another insident i would like to put to the refs on here. Second half their keeper makes a tackle and our sticker goes to the ground. The ball goes out of play and Millwall win a throw. Now surely if the keeper had taken the ball it would have been our throw. If the keeper had not taken the ball then it would have been a penalty as he took the sticker out im not worng am i?

Or is the world of reffereeing just " o i gave them 2 penalties already today so i cant give them another one even if it was stone wall and even if it is in the rule book."

Now im not saying the affore mentioned insident was stonewall but surely if it was a Millwall throw that means the keeper did not touch the ball meaning he only got the attacker meaning Penalty?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]first one red.... 2nd never a red 2 millwall players on line

Sam had a clear shot on goal had he not been fouled, so for me a straight red.
  • Options
    How we didn't have a third penalty in the second half i'll never know. Unwritten rule in football, one team can't get too many decisions in their favour, regardless if all of them are the correct one.

Not seen a team of players moan so much at a referee outside the Premiership. Every single decision, in the referee's face, three/four of them at a time. Constant pressure. Disgusting I thought.
  • Options
    Wasn't a corner for there 2nd and dunno how the ref gave a throw-in to them after the keeper had taken out our striker, either the keeper got the ball and it was our throw or he took out (Mooney I think) and it was a pen. Only thing sh*tter than out defence yesterday was the ref and linos.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Wasn't a corner for there 2nd

bang on
  • Options
    yes ref was a complete shocker... and was involved in contreversial incidents (im not complaining about the overall score as I think 11 millwall men may have beat us).

Millwalls first goal - I think it was Bailey? put the ball down - STOPPED it then played a quick pass to Mooney. Ref called it back as it was a rolling ball - BULL. We then lost the free kick and Millwall went onto score (after our def cocked up).

2nd goal - He gave a corner to them when their number 11 put the ball out for a goalkick - Millwall go 2 nil up.

Millwal's 3rd goal - Our Midfielder clearly won the ball in midfiled and was about to play a perfect pass up to our striker who would've had a free run on their goal. He gives a free kick to them and in turn Millwall score from it.

3 cock ups by Ref led to 3 goals for them.

As i see it, it is a point gained rather than 2 points lost