Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Hollins - did he play for Charlton?

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
I just looked up Chris Hollins on Wikipedia and it says that Chris Hollins played for Charlton. Is this true?

Comments

• Options
    Not first team. He played as a sort of reserve/trialist sometime around 94/95, but never made the first team. I remember meeting him and his dad John at a sort of reserve game at Erith & Belvedere's old ground. John was a nice bloke and one of football's gentlemen.
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Well done to Chris Hollins, his father was one of my football heroes!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Well done to Chris Hollins, his father was one of my football heroes![/quote]

Ditto Kap, Ollie was a true pro and gent. Also a bloody good player.
  • Options
    John Hollins is regularly at the valley really nice fella

Chris is a lucky man dancing with the fittie that is ola jordan ding fooking dong
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]John Hollins is regularly at the valley really nice fella

Chris is a lucky man dancing with the fittie that is ola jordan ding fooking dong[/quote]

Why does JH come to the Valley? is there any link?

Ola Jordan LOL deffo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]John Hollins is regularly at the valley really nice fella

Chris is a lucky man dancing with the fittie that is ola jordan ding fooking dong

Why does JH come to the Valley? is there any link?

Ola Jordan LOL deffo

no idea but i have seen him there loads with Theo Foley
  • Options
    I was having a look on the Demelza website yesterday, and apparently Ola and her husband are doing a fundraiser for them on New Years Eve. So if you've got loads of cash to splash out and no other plans for the night...
  • Options
    Good cricketer...played for Wimbledon CC 1st XI.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ParkinsonOut[/cite]Not first team. He played as a sort of reserve/trialist sometime around 94/95, but never made the first team. I remember meeting him and his dad John at a sort of reserve game at Erith & Belvedere's old ground. John was a nice bloke and one of football's gentlemen.

It was when we was at Selhurst so it would've been mid 80's. I think Lennie signed him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also played first class cricket - I think only for Oxford Uni.
  • Options
    It was in the programme yesterday, it was the 94/95 season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: HandG[/cite]It was in the programme yesterday, it was the 94/95 season.

Didn't get to the game yesterday so haven't seen article in programme, but am glad I got the right season as it was all from memory.

Well done Chris Hollins.
  • Options
    From yesterday's programme,

"...played his first match in Charlton colours in a friendly at Erith & Belvedere in July 1994, when he scored twice in a 5-2 victory.
    He played a further five Combination matches, but left the club when his trial finished against Watford at Park View Road the following month
    ...".
  • Options
    Think he may have been on the club's youth books before he went to uni, hence the Lennie question. He did play first class cricket for Oxford university, and made quite a few decent knocks including knocks against Worcestershire.

http://www.cricinfo.com/england/content/player/14419.html
  • Options
    His dad must be very proud. His son winning some overhyped dance show rather than making it as a professional footballer!

Something dodgy about the outcome by all accounts. Apparently the other bloke was a lot better.......
  • Options
    The other bloke WAS a lot better, but he's on a Channel 4 teen/youth soap & not a BBC Breakfast presenter.

The Strictly demographic are those that normally stick to a couple of channels & vote for what they know.
  • Options
    Michael Grade said to him on the end of BBCTVC programme that he'd played for Charlton and he said yes.
  • Options
    I definately saw him play in a pre season friendly at Worthing around 94/95 season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It says something about it in the millwall programme from the 4-4 in December 2009.
    I think it was the same day as the the dancing show final.
  • Options
    I saw him play rugby for Tonbridge school against my school. He played at fly half and missed several kickable penalties, which ultimately cost them the game. He still came for a drink afterwards and seemed like a nice bloke.
  • Options
    In cricketing terms I reckon he bats for the other side.
  • Options
    plumpo said:

Not sure about that....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Hollins

• Options
    But a cat called Tootsie leaves more questions than answers.
  • Options
    Didn't he play a half at Welling that pre season he was on trail?
  • Options
    It's the squeaky Hollins voice that does it!

And dancing with Ola Jordan for a whole series and not doing anything naughty is very suspicious :-)
  • Options
    plumpo said:

Slurrey ? The Brown-Hatters ?

• Options
    On a similar vein, anyone know if Gavin Peacock came back from his sabbatical in Canada to become a minister?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Married to Sarah Alexander? She's fit, liked her in Coupling.