Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leon Mckenzie

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
I thought he played reasonably well in his cameo today, Tried to beat defenders and has much more strength than Wagstaff, Worth a try next match if fit enough?

Comments

• Options
    Don't think he'll drop the front 2 and can't see him as a left winger. My guess would be a bench place again.
  • Options
    Thought he looked useful and I agree maybe the left midfield slot could be his if he's fit. Has the pace and skill to beat people, plus knows how to score. And the left midfield slot is still up fro grabs as no-one has done brilliantly there.

Hopefully he stays fit now as I think he could be useful for us this season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]Don't think he'll drop the front 2 and can't see him as a left winger. My guess would be a bench place again.

Mooney was on crutches after game, so front would have to be changed next game i expect
  • Options
    Yeah, read that after posting. My guess would be McKenzie up front before Asbo. Give him the chance then.
  • Options
    Looked very lively and really wanted it. Probably realisation dawning that he's a Championship level player that needs to get through his injury problems and show something soon or he might not have anything near a Championship club. Very hungry cameo and took players on.
  • Options
    Question is will he be out now for another few weeks or will he make a Boxing day appearance?
  • Options
    mckenzie looks like he knows what a football is and what to do with it as opposed to apko who had one decent moment and about 4 when he looked worse than a park player with his attempted control of the ball
  • Options
    I like him and am not sure why we have not see more of him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]I like him and am not sure why we have not see more of him.
    he's been injured
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]I like him and am not sure why we have not see more of him.[/quote]

Because Mcenzie keeps getting injuries after he plays. His lay off before he came to us seems to have weekend his core strength, the club have been working on this but everytime he has appeared he has then had a few weeks lay off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was impressed with Leon as I have been almost every time he has come on for us this season, certainly another option both upfront now Mooney may be injured and on the left. Question maybe over his defensive discipline if playing on the left as Basey needs all the help he can get, also Llloyd Sam is a great example of how important it is for the winger to give his full back some help.
  • Options
    Looked useful going forward, with Mooney probably not going to be playing against Swindon he might have a chance of starting ahead of Akpo.
  • Options
    If he's fit enough, then I definitely think he needs to be the replacement for Mooney (if required). He's looked lively in the three games I've seen him involved in and he's a more natural foil for Burton than Akpodje, imo.
  • Options
    Can't be match fit. He's played about 120 minutes of football in 12 months.
  • Options
    Akpo Sodje looks to have about as good a touch as McLeod and doens't have as much pace. McKenzie doesn't look fit enough for a start yet. If Mooney is out for Swindon I reckon we'll see McLeod partnering Burton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Akpo Sodje looks to have about as good a touch as McLeod and doens't have as much pace.
    Yeah but he's also stronger, looks to have a better shot (like I said McLeod would never score a goal like Akpo's away at Yeovil) and although not great in the air, better than McLeod is. Still early to judge but Akpo looks to have the slightly better all round game than McLeod.

Don't think either will be the answer long term, but both have played a part this season and are useful in this league until we can sign better.
  • Options
    Reckon Swindon as Mooney might be injrued and Sam suspended I can see McKenzie on the left with Sodje/Burton up front.
  • Options
    Don't forget Luke Holden. Well down the pecking order but with injuries and suspensions starting to bite Prky's not left with a lot of other options. Personally I'd like to see him get a chance as I thought he looked lively as a sub in the JPT at Saints and we don't have much time left to check him out.
  • Options
    With Sam suspended for the Swindon game I think McKenzie may well get a start on the left with Wagstaff switching to the right.
  • Options
    I think Mckenzie is more likely to be put up front ahead of Akpo with Mooney out injured.

That would be my preferred option as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So would you play Holden on the left WSS? More importantly, do you think Parky will?
  • Options
    I'd bring one of Jonjo/Racon back into the mix.

Of course that means playing someone out of position but I think it can work.

Shame Youga is still out because I would've brought him in and moved Basey up to the wing.
  • Options
    I would have gone with Youga/Basey too. Saw Racon depart circa 13.30 on Satrurday, clearly not a happy bunny. Plenty for Parky to ponder.
  • Options
    I cant believe some of the Akpo slating on here. After Yeovil people were in love with him!...how quickly we forget.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I'd bring one of Jonjo/Racon back into the mix.

I think Jonjo may well be back for the Swindon game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I cant believe some of the Akpo slating on here. After Yeovil people were in love with him!...how quickly we forget.
    Or how quickly we fall in love...?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I cant believe some of the Akpo slating on here. After Yeovil people were in love with him!...how quickly we forget.
    Or how quickly we fall in love...?

That too.
  • Options
    Although I thought McKenzie did ok in his cameo, he didn't look 100% fit and I'm not convinced he'd offer that much protection to Youga/Basey at left back. This is something Bailey did very well when he was playing on the left, and something which Sam excels at on the right.

We could go back to 4-5-1 against Swindon, with Racon and Shelvey coming in for Mooney and Sam (if his suspension does come into effect by then). I know Bailey has done well in the middle, but I'd put him out on the left for the next game, as we don't have any better options.

Elliot
    Omo Sodje Dailly Basey
    Waggy Racon Semedo Bailey
    Shelvey
    Burton
  • Options
    A Sodje is surely ahead of McLeod in the pecking order and prob. McKenzie too (if he can stay fit in training) this week as Parky seems to rate him and from the brief glimpses we've seen of him is probably right, again assuming he can stay off the treatment table

very disappointing to hear of Racon leaving the ground at 1.30pm - a very good player imo and one we will need for the rest of the season