Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vegas Baby!!

Just got back from 3 nights in Las Vegas staying at the Bellagio and gotta say wow!!

Its some town. Everything is HUGE and a true 24 hour city.

Anyone else been?

Comments

• Options
    No, but just got back from Devon!! (not quite the same aye Dan!!)
  • Options
    You probably spent a lot less though ;-)
  • Options
    I would hope so, although we did drink alot of money!

So you enjoy it, would ya go back??
  • Options
    Yeh really enjoyed it. Went to some breath taking bars and clubs.

Would I go back? hmmm probably not its so OTT its outrageous, but its one of those places that its good to have ticked of the list.

Just gutted that Global Gathering was on out there just before we went and then later got invited to a night in a bar where Tiesto was guesting but it was on the day we came back!!!
  • Options
    Dude, you'll have to tell firstly what is global gather and tiesto??
  • Options
    Ask Ketman!

Global Gathering is a massive world-wide dance event and DJ Tiesto is one of the worlds biggest (and my favourite) DJs
  • Options
    Ah, i see! Bit of a know nowt when it comes to dj's, although i am familiar with Tony Blackburn!!
  • Options
    Hi Chaps, hope you guys had nice breaks, never been to Vegas, hoping to go next year to seea mate who has moved out there & married on of the locals. As for Devon, can't beat Cream Tea's !

Tiesto is a trance DJ, saw him at Cream in Amnesia Ibiza last year, Trance is not really my thing but have to say he certainly knows how to get a crowd going.
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    been a couple of times and yes a great place.not been there since the wynn's hotel opened.spent most of our evenings in the ghost bar and played golf at the royal links.the buffet at your hotel was excellent.

how did you get on on the saturday night? we went on another bank holiday weekend and couldn't get near the bouncers to bribe our way past the queues.in the end it was a near wite off.
  • Options
    how can you not like trance?!??!?!?!?!??

Adagio for strings.. that track still sends shievers down my spine when he played that last year at the cream closing party!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carling, don't dislike it persay, have got loads of it including the track you mentioned, will probably even give it an airing at my set on Friday. Just prefer the Funky stuff at the moment, not much call for trance in Pubs these days.

PS Paul Van Dyk rocks..!
  • Options
    ahhhh now u are talking my friend!!
    i have followed that man across many a country to hear him play!!!!!

For an angel.. my numero uno EVER (just beating Cafe del mar!!)
  • Options
    I think the last time I saw him play live that is the one he plays out with (Cream again I think). As for Cafe Del Mar, I have played that as my last track the last two weekends, not appreciated by the Abba brigade only the House/Trance Headz..!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite] not appreciated by the Abba brigade only the House/Trance Headz..!

yeah i bet!!
  • Options
    Yeah me and the missus went a few years ago now , part of a US tour and we stayed at the Bellagio as well . Fantastic hotel , I love the little umbrellas on the sunbeds you put up when you want a drink . I'd like to go back and check out the Wynn. As you say Dan , great place , nowhere else like it .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]been a couple of times and yes a great place.not been there since the wynn's hotel opened.spent most of our evenings in the ghost bar and played golf at the royal links.the buffet at your hotel was excellent.

how did you get on on the saturday night? we went on another bank holiday weekend and couldn't get near the bouncers to bribe our way past the queues.in the end it was a near wite off.

My MD had a penthouse room in the Wynn with its own bar (and barman) and a 40ft window in his "living room"!

We played the Links as well and visited the Ghost Bar! What a view of that terrace.

Spent two nights in Dre's (sic) (House Club in the Barbary Coast Hotel) drinking on $400 bottles of vodka on the MDs c/c.

Sat night was in the Light Bar in the Bellagio. We had to bribe the bouncer $2500 (15 of us out there) to get in but was well worth it. English accents, fair bit of money........ It was like flies round sh*t.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Trance is not really my thing but have to say he certainly knows how to get a crowd going.

Aaaah see Im an old Trance boy so you can see why I was so gutted to miss him.........
  • Options
    Dan - I'm currently 'between jobs' at the moment - sounds like your employer has got money to burn - any chance of a job?

Was best man at an Elvis wedding in Vegas a couple of years ago - great fun...going back in Feb for a stag do - altho unlikely to be bribing bouncers $2500...actually, maybe I should put on some weight and see if I can get a job there....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]Dan - I'm currently 'between jobs' at the moment - sounds like your employer has got money to burn - any chance of a job?

Was best man at an Elvis wedding in Vegas a couple of years ago - great fun...going back in Feb for a stag do - altho unlikely to be bribing bouncers $2500...actually, maybe I should put on some weight and see if I can get a job there....

Might be able to help you mate as I work in Recruitment

drop me a mail at charlton_dan@netaddicks.com