Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burton denied a hat-trick ??

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
report on Millwall website reckons both our penalties were dubious (surprise surprise) and that they should have had a pen themselves for a deliberate handball by Semedo (suprise surprise again) but then says it was evened up when Burton's effort was at least a foot over the line but missed by the official's. Anyone seen this anywhere on TVand was it ?

Comments

• Options
    Not seen it on TV but I thought it was over the line at the time (from the West Upper, closer to the North Stand). Hard to tell though without being closer.

Would like them to include it on CAFCTV but I doubt they will.
  • Options
    Looked over the line to me, I was shocked our players didmt argue more. Although as the game didn't stop there was no opportunity.
  • Options
    Didn't look it to me on the halfway line of the East.

And both pens were locked on. How could that second be dubious? he tackled him around the waist!

Only surprise was that ref didn't send off the Spanner for the first but not the second.
  • Options
    Me and my Millwall mate both thought the ball well over the line. West stand lower, good angle to see the incident. When Sodje went over that also looked like a pen. Couldn't see the Abdou one.
  • Options
    Looked over the line to me and everyone around me in the Upper Prawn Sandwich Stand - and I sit towards that end of the pitch too.
  • Options
    Looked over from Upper West on the halfway line.
  • Options
    I was in the West Upper near the South stand and I could clearly see Line->green-->ball. Very clear, the lino was garbage. The bloke next to me and I were both 100% on it, but we both thought that the player got a bit of the ball on the second pen .
  • Options
    Got ball after taking out sams legs.
  • Options
    From the West Lower on the halfway line, there's no doubt what so ever that it was comfortably over the line. Definite foul on Akpo too. There's no way the keeper could've got to the ball and if the ref though he'd dived then he should have booked him. The keeper clearly pulled his leg.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]From the West Lower on the halfway line, there's no doubt what so ever that it was comfortably over the line. Definite foul on Akpo too. There's no way the keeper could've got to the ball and if the ref though he'd dived then he should have booked him. The keeper clearly pulled his leg.
    Had his back to me so I couldn't be 100%, but as you say if the ref thought it wasn't a pen he should had to book Sodje as he very clearly went to ground and appealed. Pathetic official
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]From the West Lower on the halfway line, there's no doubt what so ever that it was comfortably over the line. Definite foul on Akpo too. There's no way the keeper could've got to the ball and if the ref though he'd dived then he should have booked him. The keeper clearly pulled his leg.
    Had his back to me so I couldn't be 100%, but as you say if the ref thought it wasn't a pen he should had to book Sodje as he very clearly went to ground and appealed. Pathetic official

Exactly. Didn't realise until yesterday that he's a a premier league referee! IMHO they were the worst set of official's we've had at The Valley this season and possibly the worst we've had all season, with the exception of Gillingham away. We've all had a moan about the defending on Saturday - and rightly so - but the officials could well have cost us the game. Without going into it too much: - Their 2nd goal wasn't a corner, the 4th not a free kick, should have gone 4-2 up after Burton's header, should of have had another penalty and they should have had 2 sent off - is that everything? Not too worried by this result, considering how bad the ref was.
  • Options
    I am in the west stand upper nearest the south stand, so had a clear view of this. The ball was bundled over and was 1-2ft over the line when the keeper pushed it back out. Myself and a friend yelled are heads off to the blind lino but he was a complete nonce. Strange though this was not shown on any replays I have seen, must want to protect the officials from criticism.
  • Options
    Bothe were pens first one should have been sent off, second one debatable as dont think sam was gunna score.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Got ball after taking out sams legs.
    Interesting that the red card was rescinded then, given that it happened about 6 yards out. If it had been our man on the end of it I think you'd struggle to find a poster on here that thought it was a pen.
  • Options
    Definite penatly. All this talk of Sam "diving" is a complete joke too. Maybe it wasn't a sending off as there were two or three other players between Sam and the goal line, but it was definitely a penatly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Definite penatly. All this talk of Sam "diving" is a complete joke too. Maybe it wasn't a sending off as there were two or three other players between Sam and the goal line, but it was definitely a penatly.

Agree also when have you know Sam to dive never.