Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky and Jackett let down by derby officials

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4813596.Parky_and_Jackett_let_down_by_derby_officials/

Comments

• Options
    Not by their defences then?
  • Options
    Easier to blame the ref JT! Interesting that Parky complains about the incidents with Mooney & Sam but does not mention Lloyd's high boot challenge that the ref let go. He had been booked, given away another foul & should have got a yellow for it.

Mike Jones is a PL ref so it was hardly a big game for him. Certainly he made mistakes but not as many as both defences. The general consensus seems to be a draw was a fair result. Suspect both managers were frustrated that their teams threw away a winning position.
  • Options
    The ref was utter garbage, the only nice thing I can say about him is that he was consistently bad so couldn't be accused of cheating. If he'd done it for Liverpool Man U, he'd be suspended. The fact that he's operated in the PL only shows the standard. I saw Shatwell making a clown of himself on Sunday, though to be fair I've never seen a game that he's been officiating where it's not been about his stupidity. Clattenburg's another one that is always in the headlines for his bungling. I don't think the standard is any worse or better in the lower leagues. Their less attention whorish if they're not Premiership.

It's a cop you to say that defences make mistakes. That's what the managers get paid to worry about. They shouldn't have to concern themselves with random officiating or, in the case of the West side lino on Saturday, not being aware of the rules. Instead of a suspension he should have a sheet of A4 with

WHEN THE BALL IS PLAYED

stapled to his head.
  • Options
    He kept making sh*t decisions, then trying to even them up with even more sh*t decisions.
  • Options
    indeed.
  • Options
    Was a bizarre afternoon of refereeing, the first pen should have been a red card not the second and his insistance on calling a free kick against the loser of every single contested 50:50 was really starting to p1ss me off. What he was basically inferring was that two players are not allowed to attempt to kick the ball at the same time as each other.

Sam was perhaps lucky to stay on, although I wouldn't have sent him off for it as the Millwall player came charging in knowing Sam was going to try and clear the ball and Sam wasn't swinging hard at the ball, rather just trying to flick it away. I think you could argue overhead kicks in a crowded penalty area are far more dangerous but rarely get punished. All the same, it was denfinitely one of those 'seen them given' kind of incidents.

The corner for the second Millwall goal was also clearly a goal kick and Semedo clearly won the ball in the build up to their 3rd (or was it 4th?) but was penalised for a foul.

There were plenty of things went against Millwall too - -Daily for example was getting away with a lot of holding and had two or three goes at bringing down players that were clean through. Luckily he missed otherwise he'd have gone eventually too.

He did also do some good things, like not insisting that players have to hit the floor before a foul can be called. His performance was general reflection of the game. Some good, lots of bad but ultimately quite entertaining (but not necesarrily in a good way).
  • Options
    I think there were something like 30 free kicks in the game and it wasn't that dirty a match. A poor referee who needed to let the game flow a bit more and be consistent - why was Frampton not booked for the first pen and then Abdou got a straight red for example and both teams had at least one further good shout each for a pen.
  • Options
    "why was Frampton not booked for the first pen and then Abdou got a straight red "

Because he wasn't entirely sure he'd got it right. I thought that one was more of a sending off offence than Abdous - Frampton was the last man, but there was the goalkeeper and two other players between Lloyd Sam and the goal when Abdou made his challenge.

Actually just looking at the two penalty incidents again on the BBC. You'd be f**king livid if they went against Charlton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]"why was Frampton not booked for the first pen and then Abdou got a straight red "

Because he wasn't entirely sure he'd got it right. I thought that one was more of a sending off offence than Abdous - Frampton was the last man, but there was the goalkeeper and two other players between Lloyd Sam and the goal when Abdou made his challenge.

Actually just looking at the two penalty incidents again on the BBC. You'd be f**king livid if they went against Charlton.

They were both clumsy tackles than attempts to foul or impede the player. In my opinion both were reds and both were legit penalties - a foul inside the box is penalised with a penalty - no further argument is necessary, although perhaps he gave the benefit of the doubt to Frampton, but I'm not going to second guess a poor referee.
  • Options
    At the game, my first thought was that we were lucky to get the first penalty ... espcially as I have my doubts that Mooney would have scored anyway, The 2nd one looked cast-iron.

Having now seen it on BBC, I think they were both penalties, but can understand being pissed off about the first one, Second still no doubt to me.

Agreed that it is strange that the first did not warrant a sending off but second did.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]"why was Frampton not booked for the first pen and then Abdou got a straight red "

The second one I wouldn't have much complaint about, it was a stupid tackle although I'm not convinced it was a red card.

First one was never a pen and I would have been doing my nut had it been given against us although having given the pen I can't understand how he wasn't at least booked.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]The ref was utter garbage, the only nice thing I can say about him is that he was consistently bad so couldn't be accused of cheating. If he'd done it for Liverpool Man U, he'd be suspended. The fact that he's operated in the PL only shows the standard. I saw Shatwell making a clown of himself on Sunday, though to be fair I've never seen a game that he's been officiating where it's not been about his stupidity. Clattenburg's another one that is always in the headlines for his bungling. I don't think the standard is any worse or better in the lower leagues. Their less attention whorish if they're not Premiership.

It's a cop you to say that defences make mistakes. That's what the managers get paid to worry about. They shouldn't have to concern themselves with random officiating or, in the case of the West side lino on Saturday, not being aware of the rules. Instead of a suspension he should have a sheet of A4 with

WHEN THE BALL IS PLAYED

stapled to his head.

Sorry but I think it's a bigger cop out to blame the ref. Yes he was poor but was it his fault that we made no attempt to kill the game off when 3-2 up and instead let a team with 10 men dictate the game.

Everyone in the crowd could see that a millwall goal was coming, if we can all see it why didn't parkinson and why didn't he do someting about it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]Everyone in the crowd could see that a millwall goal was coming, if we can all see it why didn't parkinson and why didn't he do someting about it?
    Like tell Elliot to be better at his front post?