Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

52 years ago today ................

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
Charlton 7 Huddersfield 6.

Comments

• Options
    And I was one of the millions in attendance ... lol, not really, too early for me.

But it's amazing how many of that generation were apparently at the ground ;-)
  • Options
    I was there, great game.
  • Options
    I was there, on crutches.
  • Options
    Unlike today, it was a damp and grey afternoon- and the pitch was muddy as I walked across to join the crowd shouting for Johnny Summers..
  • Options
    Started in 1962. One of my biggest regrets is I never saw Johnny Summers play or Stuart Leary during his prime. Have the programme for that game though.
  • Options
    7-6, I wonder what golfie would have said after that match though? Probably complained about poor defending.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]7-6, I wonder what golfie would have said after that match though? Probably complained about poor defending.

I don't think Duff waved to the crowd afterwards.
  • Options
    The only time in league history a team have scored six and lost. Poor old Bill Shankly
  • Options
    Denis Law played for Huddersfield that day I think.
  • Options
    My Mum & Dad got married 52 years ago today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My dad gave me the bus fare home then went off to a pub, via a caff, and then Charlton dogs to celebrate with some chums. Didn't see him 'til Sunday morning: I think he bumped into some of the players down there.
  • Options
    mistrollingin

Oh no he didn't
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: better red than dead[/cite]
    mistrollingin

Oh no he didn't

According to Colin Cameron it was:

Charlton: Duff, Edwards, Townsend, Hewie, Ufton, Kiernan, White, Lucas, Ryan, Leary, Summers.
    v
    Huddersfield: Kennon, Conwell, Wilson, K. Taylor, Connor, McGarry, Ledger, Howard, Bain, Massie, Simpson.

The official crowd 12,535 was Charltons 6th lowest in 11 years. Whilst the unofficial crowd of 125,350 was standard for the Valley at the time, as every child for a radius of ten miles was passed over the heads of the crowd down to the front of the front of the huge East Terrace.
  • Options
    Denis Law was a sub...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: joeaddick[/cite]Denis Law was a sub...

Don't think so. First substitute was in 1965.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: joeaddick[/cite]Denis Law was a sub...

Don't think so. First substitute was in 1965.
    Wonder who that was...?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    i was on holiday for that game so had to miss it
  • Options
    With B? ;-)
  • Options
    My dad left 15mins before the end as he had a date to meet in a boozer in deptford! Always said he ain't proper charlton.. he he.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]With B? ;-)

lol