Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Update: FA Coaching section 69.1: How to use your extra man

thought after my comments earlier inthe season needed to be readdressed today, as I thought Parky got his tactics spot on last night. well for the last half hour anyway. Its exactly the way to play 10 men, width, pace, movement, defenders exploiting holes (not John Terry's way I might add), srtikers splitting defenders. It was good to see and he got the rewards it deserved.

Well done the management team!

Comments

• Options
    LOL!

have to agree with your point though

for me the most disappointing thing on Saturday was the way we sat back having gone 3-2 up once Burton missed that chance to make it 4-2

allowing their 10 men to dominate it was pretty inevitable that they would equalise

we then went on the offensive for the first time in the half and scored again only to sit back again and allow them to launch a few last attacks which once again led to the almost inevitable equaliser

like most people, I think we should have seen changes a lot earlier with Sam and Wagstaff withdrawn in favour of McKenzie and Shelvey or Spring
  • Options
    its been a constant of his tenure. Our inability to close games out. Millwall should have been devestated after our 4th. if ur 1 up with minutes left to play, dont fall back to ur own 18 yd line. Parkinson, tries to defend the 6 yd box whenever we are winning. bad enough with 11, shocking with 10

we gave them the incentive, its as simple as that, when was the last time you saw 10 men dominate a game like that?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: upminsteraddick[/cite]Forward by Phil Parkinson

Unfortunately my philosophy has not produced any results at present but I am sure it’s the correct tactic to use.

Phil

hit nail on the head there, but why still use it!!! yes i am a parky fan but seriously against ten men we should have walked it and at least kept our lead rather then sit back on it and invite the pressure
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: upminsteraddick[/cite]when was the last time you saw 10 men dominate a game like that?

2nd half at Yeovil - or at least so reports would have us believe, wasn't there to witness it with my own eyes but it certainly sounded like it on the radio.

Interesting that there's a complaint on this thread that we played too narrow yet on the Lloyd Sam thread he's getting criticised for staying too wide and not going looking for the ball.

Personally I think we should have brought Mckenzie and Shelvey on gone 4-5-1 before Millwall scored. That way we could have looked to dominate possesion and wear the ten men out chasing shadows.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: upminsteraddick[/cite]when was the last time you saw 10 men dominate a game like that?

2nd half at Yeovil - or at least so reports would have us believe, wasn't there to witness it with my own eyes but it certainly sounded like it on the radio.

Interesting that there's a complaint on this thread that we played too narrow yet on the Lloyd Sam thread he's getting criticised for staying too wide and not going looking for the ball.

Personally I think we should have brought Mckenzie and Shelvey on gone 4-5-1 before Millwall scored. That way we could have looked to dominate possesion and wear the ten men out chasing shadows.

i agree that would have been a good tactic, but who knows? we wont ever now!

Or just play 442, but i would play wider personally....i didnt think they were too wide or narrow on saturday but if they had hugged the line then im sure would have freed up some of the midfield as it was far to congested
  • Options
    Dailly with all his experience should have pushed Bailey and Samedo on. We gave their midfield 10 yards every time they had possesion. I cannot believe the lack of nous and leadership from the senior players.
  • Options
    I felt that this game echoed the previous home game v southend..........both games their front men managed to pull away from their markers, find 5 yards of space and thus when recieving the ball had time to turn and run at the static back 4.....whilst our front men are swarmed over lke flies by their defenders and don't have time to wipe their nose. !
  • Options
    well his tactics have produced us being 2nd in the table with a 4 point gap and undefeated at home....

rubbish obviously....
  • Options
    Also when ahead in a game and dominating, it's best to sit back and see what the opposition have to offer.

Phil
    x
  • Options
    we are third division with with a mish mash of older pros and youth and the best team spirit for years...and a little , little bit of quality....

but I can see I am not wanted here, so carry on bashing the guy who has us firmly in the top two...

carry on..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]we are third division with with a mish mash of older pros and youth and the best team spirit for years...and a little , little bit of quality....

but I can see I am not wanted here, so carry on bashing the guy who has us firmly in the top two...

carry on..
    Oh they will Mascot he's found his management level blah blah blah these players have found their level blah blah blah