Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nolberto Solano

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
Training with Colchester. Would be decent cover at the very least for us imo.

Comments

• Options
    Solano on the left? Surely better than Wagstaff, Holden or Mckenzie.
  • Options
    Anybody got any idea how he's been for the years since he was last seen in England?

Though not.
  • Options
    He'd do a job
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Anybody gotanyidea how he's been for the years since he was last seen in England?

Though not.

I know but you clearly don't!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Anybody gotanyidea how he's been for the years since he was last seen in England?

Though not.

I know but you clearly don't!

Thought not.
  • Options
    Stretch your wage bill to sign him up then he gets injured.

No thanks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Stretch your wage bill to sign him up then he gets injured.

No thanks.

That could happen to any player? Richardson? Mckenzie?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Stretch your wage bill to sign him up then he gets injured.

No thanks.

Yer that would be no good.
  • Options

No thanks.

Like McKenzie who I believe was already injured when he came to us or have I got that one wrong?
  • Options
    And the difference is that the likes of McKenzie are signed as "unvetted" by the receiving Club whereas there is an opportunity to see Solano in training pre agreement. Hence Colchester looking at him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]And the difference is that the likes of McKenzie are signed as "unvetted" by the receiving Club whereas there is an opportunity to see Solano in training pre agreement. Hence Colchester looking at him.

Good point. I'd be very sceptical about signing up a 35 year old Solano on name and reputation alone, but if we got the opportunity to have a look at him it would probably be worthwhile .
  • Options
    Apparently he just won a league title out in Peru

Nobby
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Apparently he just won a league title out in Peru

Nobby

Mort knew that.
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited December 2009
    Colchester sign him up.

Nobby
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Colchester sign him up.

Nobby

Moved back becase he wants to be close to his children ... who live in Greece! Might be closer than Peru but not exactly down the road is it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]

Nobby

Moved back becase he wants to be close to his children ... who live in Greece! Might be closer than Peru but not exactly down the road is it.

Makes you think though.I may move to Greece as well to be near my family (in Bromley) :-)
  • Options
    Think we'll regret this, how can we let a player like this go to one of our promotion rivals, what's parky doing? Yada yada yada

Mambo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]

Nobby

Makes you think though.I may move to Greece as well to be near my family (in Bromley) :-)

LOL
  • Options
    Could be good for deadball delivery but wouldn't expect his legs to be up to much
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Could be good for deadball delivery but wouldn't expect his legs to be up to much[/quote]

Giggs's are still pretty decent and I'm sure Colchester would have assessed that during training.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    True, Boothroyd's no mug and I think this could be a very shrewd signing for them. I still don't think they'll be consistent enough to catch us though and believe Norwich are the only real threat to us and Leeds.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Could be good for deadball delivery but wouldn't expect his legs to be up to much

Giggs's are still pretty decent and I'm sure Colchester would have assessed that during training.

Giggs has had Man U looking after him for 20 - he's probably immortal!

Winning a league in Peru doesn't mean he's fit - just that he's capable or running in all the bog roll on the pitch from the fans
  • Options
    didn't think he would be tall enough to play for a Boothroyd team.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]didn't think he would be tall enough to play for a Boothroyd team.[/quote]

Agreed, he does not exactly fit the usual Aidy Boothroyd mould of player.
  • Options
    Apparently Nobby has left the building.

Didn't take long did it!
  • Options
    Training with Newcastle according to SSN.
  • Options
    Joining Leicester City......
  • Options
    His family home was in a gated community at the end of the road I used to live on in Lima.
    Everyone from the petrol pump lad to locals in the hole in the wall bar thinks he is a right royal gentleman in the best sense of the word.
    Having been a regular at Peruvian league games for a few years it would probable be comparable to League 1, though the refereeing is absolutely abysmal.
    His club played in the South American version of the Champions league, where the likes of Boca Juniors play.
    I would imagine he still has something to offer in League 1, but Championship/Premiership? Unlikely