Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Soul Oldies on radio

edited December 2009 in Not Sports Related
As my user-name promotes the radio station I'm involved with, may as well also use the name to promote my own modest contribution to music radio to CL folk, having just moved my show to a more civilised time of 8pm - 10pm on Tuesdays.

The show is called "In Orbit", and I play an hour of 60s/70s soul, half-hour of 50s R&B and half-hour of soul/blues ballads.
January 2010 will mark my 30th year on radio, from land-based soul pirates (Invicta/JFM/Solar) 1980s, then Thamesmead/RTM/Millennium/Kiss FM, 1988-2001, and Solar since then, all legal on Sky 0129, www.solarradio.com

We sponsored the Plymouth game (won) last season and MK Dons recently (won again!), hopefully a good omen for next time!

Comments

• Cheers mate, sounds good
  • Thanks for the heads up Clive. Your'e a real soul legend in these parts, up there with Dave Godin imo. Any chance of some Irma Thomas?
  • God I rememebr JFM............Your not Tony Munson are you :-)
  • No, but Tony is a close friend and co-director of Solar, holyjo.
    Thanks for the kind words, mistrollingin...an honour to be mentioned with Dave Godin, who I knew 'from the beginning', as will be related in my book early next year (!!). Will play some Irma Thomas VERY soon, maybe even next Tuesday!

Clive R