Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky and Murray to discuss player contracts

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/football/4818489.Parkinson_and_Murray_to_discuss_player_contracts/

Comments

• Options
    Does anyone know who is out of contract, I am pretty sure of these players but reckon there are more:
    Sam
    McKenzie
    Burton
    Randolph
    Dailly
    S Sodje
    Dickson
    Sinclair
    Stavinrou
    Clark
  • Options
    I worked this out the other day, should be those ten plus

Basey
    Spring
    Solly
    Wagstaff

That's 14 in total, plus second year u18s like Mambo and Tuna. They will either get a pro contract or be released, so including them it's more like 20 odd players.
  • Options
    I feel uneasy about this.. if say a new contract is not offered to Sam.. can he not go and sign a pre-conact with any other club he choosed for June 2010?? But I do understand the wages issue with the club... if we don't get promoted !! Finances of the club has to come first !!
  • Options
    Sam will be the most sought after player we have out of contract. Obviously it would be great to keep some of the others especially at the back- Dailly, Sodje etc and I reckon the players we all would like to stay are tied up for at least another year- Semedo, Racon, Bailey, Shelvey, Elliot and Youga
  • Options
    I would guess at Sam being our highest earner, or close to it, as he signed his contract when we were still a Premiership club and Dowie was manager.

Given that it is understandable why the club are being cautious.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]I feel uneasy about this.. if say a new contract is not offered to Sam.. can he not go and sign a pre-conact with any other club he choosed for June 2010?? But I do understand the wages issue with the club... if we don't get promoted !! Finances of the club has to come first !!

Yes he can, he can also reject a contract offer. However he has some value in the transfer market so if he signs a new contract in January and we don't get promoted we should be able to sell him on - provided he doesn't get injured.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]I feel uneasy about this.. if say a new contract is not offered to Sam.. can he not go and sign a pre-conact with any other club he choosed for June 2010?? But I do understand the wages issue with the club... if we don't get promoted !! Finances of the club has to come first !!

Yes he can, he can also reject a contract offer. However he has some value in the transfer market so if he signs a new contract in January and we don't get promoted we should be able to sell him on - provided he doesn't get injured.
    That's changed, they can only officially sign a pre-contract with a foreign club. I guess some players might have unofficial talks though...
    Parkinson said: “They can’t officially agree deals with clubs in January, unless it is abroad.