Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Phil Parkinson one of the best managers in Charlton's history!!!

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
Well for the first half of a season anyway!

Records and reserving your place

Still unbeaten at The Valley since March, Charlton recently smashed an 81-year record - and as the Addicks continued their successful start to the season by drawing against Millwall on Saturday, half-season tickets to watch the second half of the 2009/10 campaign remain available.

No Addicks manager has ever lost fewer league games than Phil Parkinson in the opening 22 games of a campaign, according to research carried out by club historian Colin Cameron.

And, prior to the fixture against the Lions, Charlton also equalled another landmark set 28 years ago, with no Charlton side having recorded more points at that stage of the season.

Read more on the story, including quotes from club historian Colin Cameron, at http://www.cafc.co.uk

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2009
    I'd say it was more a case of he dragged us down to his own s***e level.
  • Options
    lol bit harsh we've been at this level before and nobody beat his records then, but I get your point!
  • Options
    *awaits oohahh*
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]No Addicks manager has ever lost fewer league games than Phil Parkinson in the opening 22 games of a campaign

Not even Curbs .....?
    Or Lenny ....

Or Sir Jimmy South Stand ....?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]*awaits oohahh*

i thought our ladies football team had a better record when they were subsidised !!
  • Options
    he has done nothing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Well for the first half of a season anyway!

Records and reserving your place

Still unbeaten at The Valley since March, Charlton recently smashed an 81-year record - and as the Addicks continued their successful start to the season by drawing against Millwall on Saturday, half-season tickets to watch the second half of the 2009/10 campaign remain available.

No Addicks manager has ever lost fewer league games than Phil Parkinson in the opening 22 games of a campaign, according to research carried out by club historian Colin Cameron.

And, prior to the fixture against the Lions, Charlton also equalled another landmark set 28 years ago, with no Charlton side having recorded more points at that stage of the season.

Read more on the story, including quotes from club historian Colin Cameron, athttp://www.cafc.co.uk

facts like these are all good and well and i dont want to be recognised as a parky doom and gloomer. but i can not feel satisfied with anything that happens until we are back in the chumpionship and looking like a team that can rebuild and move on,

i am well and truely out on this one dont care for him and dont dislike him it is all meaningless to me.

good luck to him as i get the feeling i am not alone in these views
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]he has done nothing

Unfair in the extreme.

We got relegated in last place in a shit league last year, for starters.
  • Options
    i forget that.
  • Options
    The Phil Parkinson Stand- I can see it happening1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    as long as we get derby pride in march......................versus gillingham???
  • Options
    Think we ought to give some credit where its due. FFS some people don`t want to see anything positive about the bloke. Also we should remember the vast sums of money he has had at his disposal. This season has been impressive by any previous Charlton standards and I for one am prepared to say well done Parky for the season so far.
  • Options
    i dont think it is that SHG i honestly think that people still hold him accountable for us being here in this league,

he has done a great job and in the pre season when the distractions of ownership were there he acted superbly, that does not though make him a great mgr
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i dont think it is that SHG i honestly think that people still hold him accountable for us being here in this league,

he has done a great job and in the pre season when the distractions of ownership were there he acted superbly, that does not though make him a great mgr

Agreed. Not a great manager but as you have said one who has performed very well this season and deserves a lot of credit. I do take your point about last season.
  • Options
    We wouldn't say that Seed, Lennie or Curbs were great managers after one season,so why ask the question of Parkey.

Has Parkey done a good job this season - yes he has for all the reasons that NLA says,long may it continue
  • Options
    So far this season he has done well and we are on course for promotion.

However we are not, quite, at the half-way stage yet so there is a long way to go.

He has done well in the transfer and the loan market, has rebuilt some confidence and imposed some of his own character on the team.

Is that enough? For now yes but he should be judged, IMHO, in May not December.
  • Options
    Spot on Henners.
  • Options
    Absolutely Henry, although it does no harm to be reminded just how well we are going so far this season. To listen to some people you'd think we were still struggling along and not living up to expectations, when in reality the first half of the (league) season couldn't have gone a whole lot better.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Absolutely Henry, although it does no harm to be reminded just how well we are going so far this season. To listen to some people you'd think we were still struggling along and not living up to expectations, when in reality the first half of the (league) season couldn't have gone a whole lot better.

Relegation is still a possibility. We're still 4 points from safety, remember.
  • Options
    Yea we have a bit more of a winning mentallity with him. I spose you must also take into account the teams we have been playing aint the best in the world are they.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Absolutely Henry, although it does no harm to be reminded just how well we are going so far this season. To listen to some people you'd think we were still struggling along and not living up to expectations, when in reality the first half of the (league) season couldn't have gone a whole lot better.

I did say SO FAR Oggy! As a well established Addick I ain't counting no Chickens!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

I did say SO FAR Oggy! As a well established Addick I ain't counting no Chickens!

Exactly, Exiled .........people are talking about promotion, but Curbs always said you had to get to the safety target first.

Remember that classic season when Millwall were top of the League in December?
    And relegated at the end of that season.

And as long time Charlton supporters, we've learned painfully never to take things for granted.

And the stats say we're not yet safe from relegation. FACT!