Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best CAFC moments of the decade

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
Has to be seeing us beat Chelski 4-2 Boxing Day 2003 when I was home !!!!!

Comments

• The 3-3 against Manc U......best game Ive ever seen at the Valley
  • [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]The 3-3 against Manc U......best game Ive ever seen at the Valley

My vote too- Incredible- just incredible
  • coming from 1 down to beat the mighty orient 2-1
  • Lisbie's hattrick in 2003 against Liverpool in front of the live camera's. If only Lisbie, if only...
  • I don't think I celebrated a goal more than Dennis in the last minute
  • Sunday 15th May 2005

Sha la la la....sha la la la....
  • As the first two posters said the Man U game and Chelski game to me stand out at home
    and beating Villa at there ground .
    Also the first season in the prem at Arsenal when we drew at there ground. I was lucky enough to be in a box and the cocky bastards were betting odds like 5-0 that we would get thrashed......
    wiped the smiles right off there little gooners faces...... I was not invited back again...
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]As the first two posters said the Man U game and Chelski game to me stand out at home
    and beating Villa at there ground .quote]

Agree on Chelski and Man U, but wasn't Villa in the 90's?
  • Winning the league!
  • Beating Chelsea on boxing day, and seeing Makelele substituted becoz Parker had murdered him,best ever Charlton performance i have ever witnessed.Northstandjoe cried his eyes out that day when i left to go and i promised him i would never go boxing day football without him again,something i intend to do for the rest on my life something very very special about boxing day football as most of my fondest memories of watching Charlton are on this day.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Sunday 15th May 2005

Sha la la la....sha la la la....

We sent the Palace down :-) a very happy day.
  • Too many for me to list so i will just say Being a Charlton fan in general. I love this club.
  • edited December 2009
    beating chelsea on boxing day, 3-3 man utd game comes a close 2nd, followed by kitsons winner at s***hurst park in 2000

if we were including the worst apart from relegation twice, it would be west ham away boxing day 5-0 defeat ...truly shocking
  • Watching a steward get pulled head first into the terrace at Stockport after someone nicked his hat......laughed so much I nearly threw up. Hunt had just completed his Hattrick.

Seeing Rothko & Charlton Charlie make idiots of themselves at Walsall (trying to cuddle Kinsella) on the TV and being very relieved that I was just out of camera shot as I fell over.

4-2 Chelsea wasn't bad.

Little out of date but a couple from the first Premier League season. Going 1 up at old Trafford and Steve Jones' equaliser for 3-3 at Anfield - went mental.
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Watching a steward get pulled head first into the terrace at Stockport after someone nicked his hat......laughed so much I nearly threw up. Hunt had just completed his Hattrick.

Seeing Rothko & Charlton Charlie make idiots of themselves at Walsall (trying to cuddle Kinsella) on the TV and being very relieved that I was just out of camera shot as I fell over.

4-2 Chelsea wasn't bad.

Little out of date but a couple from the first Premier League season. Going 1 up at old Trafford and Steve Jones' equaliser for 3-3 at Anfield - went mental.

From that first Prem season beating Saints 5-1 at the valley and going top of the prem.
  • Not the best CAFC moment of the decade but how good was Claus Jensens 90th min winner v Blackburn. After a few winless games coupled with Parkers departure and Friedels goal, I think the goal was met with immense relief more than anything.
  • one that comes to mind is Curbs's return and the 4-0 drubbing of West Ham.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Not the best CAFC moment of the decade but how good was Claus Jensens 90th min winner v Blackburn. After a few winless games coupled with Parkers departure and Friedels goal, I think the goal was met with immense relief more than anything.

Agreed that was quite a moment!! When Freidel scored me, my bro (Morts genius) PaulBaconSarnie Luckyred and cheeseroll, were all in absolute dispair, until The claun stepped up for his second finest moment!! Mental, we went!!

Also another, possibly more mental moment was el Kak scored that free kick in front of the covered end vs Blackburn again, to give us a first win for ages or something like that, but i will never forget that feeling, a proper loop down the steps of the upper covered end back up cuddling complete strangers!! It gave us hope of staying up, although we didnt is another story!! Not a moment of the decade material, but one that was quite utterly mental!! I wonder of Ketman remembers it, cos i was right next to him when it went in!!

Another good moment for me was at Selhurst the year Toddy scored the winner, never forget going so mental for so long (along with medders and gumbo in the concourse bit that splits the lower part to the upper part of that rotten away end) that when i eventually stopped i felt like i had done 400 metres at the olympics and won, was absolutely breathing out of my arse, heart pounding etc!! And i was sober that day as i had to be in Blackheath cafe rouge for my Mars 60th birthday at 7pm!! Got arse oled that night defo lol.
  • [cite]Posted By: WereByFarTheGreatest[/cite]beating chelsea on boxing day, 3-3 man utd game comes a close 2nd, followed by kitsons winner at s***hurst park in 2000

if we were including the worst apart from relegation twice, it would be west ham away boxing day 5-0 defeat ...truly shocking

couldn't disagree with any of that
  • edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Watching a steward get pulled head first into the terrace at Stockport after someone nicked his hat......laughed so much I nearly threw up. Hunt had just completed his Hattrick.

4-2 Chelsea wasn't bad.

From that first Prem season beating Saints 5-1 at the valley and going top of the prem.
    5-0. Awesome performance though - then drawing at the Library the next Saturday, as mentioned above, was pretty awesome too.

For me, the Kitson winner at Sellout, the 4-2 panelling of Chelski, the 4-2 pasting of the Arse, the 4-4 draw with Wet Spam, Bartlett's rocket against Leicester, the surreal spectacle of Paolo Di Canio playing for Charlton, Watching Friedel score for Blackburn to (they thought) salvage a draw, only to get the winner a minute later, Dennis In The Last Minute all spring to mind - but I think the 3-3 draw with United was the highlight for me. Awesome, awesome game of football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Loved the 4-2 at the library....Had £10 on 8/1.
    Buggers shut the bookies window at fulltime.......................
  • Dennis in the last minute! Loved beating pompey opening game of the season a few years back wen the ball came off the post then hit hislop and went in. Toddy against Palace aswell went absolutly mental!
  • Last minute win at Selhurst and the 3-3 with Man Utd.

And a special one for me was the last game before we moved over here, 3-1 win against Fulham at The Valley, which put us into fourth place as I recall - felt like we really went out on a high. After the game I just waited until the whole crowd had cleared and stood and looked around that fantasic ground, remembering how far we had come in such a short time both on and off the pitch.
  • chelse 4-2
    bartletts goal against leicester
    lisbie hattrick agaisnt liverpool
    any win against liverpool
    sending palace down
    sacking iain dowie
    dennis in the last minute lol
    was the 4-2 at highbury in 2000's
  • Parker's goal in the last minute against Leeds at Elland Road wasn't perhaps not the best CAFC moment, but it was a memorable one
  • edited December 2009
    Miguel Llera scoring at the death for 9 men Charlton at the Valley on Boxing day 2009 to secure a draw with Swindon, thus maintaining our unbeaten home record- the last home match of the decade. How important could that point prove to be in May 2010! Thats just one highlight in a very eventful first 10 years of the 21st century for Charlton!
  • [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Miguel Llera scoring at the death for 9 men Charlton at the Valley on Boxing day 2009 to secure a draw with Swindon, thus maintaining our unbeaten home record- the last home match of the decade. How important could that point prove to be in May 2010! Thats just one highlight in a very eventful first 10 years of the 21st century for Charlton!
    amen to that
  • 2.57ish today will take some beating
  • really.
  • Today certainly is up there compared to anything that has happened since 2007 (Toddys winner v Palace and the West Ham 4-0).