Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

See ya Sodj

WSSWSS
edited December 2009 in General Charlton
McAuley told The Star: "We have got a recall on Akpo but his loan ends on January 9 so he will definitely be coming back into our plans from then on in. We have to be wary of the fact that we have Luke Varney here until January 1 so I would prefer to make a like-for-like swap when he goes back."

http://www.thestar.co.uk/owls/Owls-may-recall-Sodje-from.5937235.jp

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2009
    Damn..oh least Dicko is back :)

Could have done without this happening
  • Options
    Big loss not happy.
  • Options
    Crap
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Big loss not happy.[/quote]

agreed
  • Options
    Akpo is out of contract in the summer, can see us picking him up on a free then.
  • Options
    Boo
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Now there will be room for mcleod to get into the team sheet, hurrraayyyyy

*insert sarcasm*
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Akpo is out of contract in the summer, can see us picking him up on a free then.[/quote]

The thing is we need him now. And we have yet to hear what is happening with Mooney. Still the window is about to open so maybe something can be done there,at least we know in advance.
  • Options
    First Mcleod and now this....

CHRISTMAS IS CANCELLED
  • Options
    Three ways of looking at this......panic stations we are going to drop like a stone etc etc.

Or, and this is my belief. Sheff Weds are playing games and trying to manouvre us into a position where we try for a perm deal now. Varney will be there for the season. Clough doesn't want him at Derby. If Sodje is in Sheff Weds plans then why wait till Jan to take him back? They have a 24 hour recall clause if he was that important to them he would be heading back up the M1 as we speak. Don't forget, Brian Laws hinted that they wanted him back just before the last loan ended....what happened then?.

Husband of a woman here at work is a lapsed (this season) Weds season ticket holder. Was chatting to him the other week about Sodje. He reckons league one is more his level and that he blew hot and cold at Weds more often than not it was cold.

Finally, is he actually as good as we think?. Yes his first two performances were great. Since then he hasn't been up to much. Poor at Stockport and not much better against Millwall. I'm personally reserving judgement on him. Think we'll know a bit more after we see him start a game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If derby don't want Varney who has a record at Div 1 level then ...........................
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]If derby don't want Varney who has a record at Div 1 level then ...........................
    see thats what i said and Oggy the big meanie just laughed - better than mcleod varney is too!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Husband of a woman here at work is a lapsed (this season) Weds season ticket holder. Was chatting to him the other week about Sodje. He reckons league one is more his level and that he blew hot and cold at Weds more often than not it was cold.

Finally, is he actually as good as we think?. Yes his first two performances were great. Since then he hasn't been up to much. Poor at Stockport and not much better against Millwall. I'm personally reserving judgement on him. Think we'll know a bit more after we see him start a game.
    From what I've seen that's probably right. Even if he's not as good as everyone thought/hoped, he's an improvement over McLeod. Gives us strength up front, something we don't really have, and with pace that makes him a useful option. At the very least he's a nuisance, the way closed down and stole the ball off one of the Millwall defenders on Saturday isn't something McLeod or Mooney can or would do. Goal against Yeovil was something you wouldn't get from either of them.

Probably not the answer long term but should do a job for us this season, even if it's just as a different option off the bench and occasionally starting a few games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]If derby don't want Varney who has a record at Div 1 level then ...........................
    see thats what i said and Oggy the big meanie just laughed - better than mcleod varney is too!

lololololol, Dazzler !
  • Options
    i won't be that upset if he goes back.from what i've seen of him,he's been stunningly mediocre.
  • Options
    I say keep Deon, try to bring Akpo back asap. Let Mcleod go above the boarder with all the other jocks. Varney i was glad to see the back of i would not want too see back again. I have not seen a natural goal scorer at Charlton since Bent but Akpo could become one.
  • Options
    So it's Varney's fault that we can't get Akpo?
  • Options
    Varneys a good player
  • Options
    Varney will prob get his loan extended to the end of the season, how this will affect Sodje I don't know as they are different types of players (I think the Wrren Feeney situation may have more of an impact on Sodje). Personally if it is accurate about Sodje blowing hot and cold in the Champ then I reckon the manager at Wednesday may prefer to bring someone new in.
  • Options
    Charlton Akpo Charllton Akpo
    Akpo, Akpo

Only my brother (under duress) ever joined me on that chant. And now its gone. Damn
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i'd rather have varney!
  • Options
    If we got Varney back that would be nothing short of a coup.
  • Options
    Would be fantastic to have Varney back.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    We only sold Varney so we could pay off Pardoo
  • Options
    Varney and Feeney you gotta love them. Serial failures in the champ, questionable in league one. I really love it when my money at the gate goes towards their shithouse wages.