Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Selling Faye, Diawara etc

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
I keep hearing/reading that Dowie's bad buys are up for sale, but can we sell - or rather can they play for anyone else after only being here half a season?

Comments

• Options
    Good point - I suspect they can, because if Simon Walton plays for us soon then that will be the third club he has played for in 12 months.
  • Options
    Fifa rules state that one footballer cannot play for more than two clubs between 1 July and the end of the following June
  • Options
    So hopefully there is no issue then.
    For us anyway ........ it does seem more complicated though with regards to those Argentinians trying to use West Ham as a shop window. Shame.

Darren Bent, Charlton, West Ham in the Indy
  • Options
    No way we can sell them at this stage because; a) Nobody wants them, b) Even if they wanted them they would not want to pay for them, c) They will be in no hurry to leave because they won't get the same wages elsewhere.

Thanks Mr. Dowie, much appreciated.
  • Options
    A French team might want Diawarra - for £2.5M say they might view it as a good deal.
  • Options
    Salad Spinner - Very few French teams pay that sort of money for players, they have nothing like the money we have (apart from, maybe Marseilles and Lyon).
    Moreover, Diawara played for Sochaux, more or less a Charlton/Fulham equivalent (his English equivalent would be someone like Zak Knight) and not one of the big boys.
    Word is that Sochaux laughed their nuts off at getting £3.9 million for Diawara, that's more or less secured them financially for the medium-term and they can easily pluck a cheap replacement from north Africa as well.
    Sorry, but Dowie has bought nearly £6 million of shite and there is nothing we can do about it.
  • Options
    Maybe we could loan them?
  • Options
    Loaning would just be shelving the problem, the point is we have got £6 million invested in the equivalent of a house with chronic damp, dry rot and structural problems!
  • Options
    What the hell does the Independent know about football? Second worst Football paper behind the Guardian
  • Options
    edited January 2007
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think Diawarra has been too bad to be honest, I think we paid well over the top for him however considering he cannot speak a word of English and seems to like only playing two-thirds of games
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]Fifa rules state that one footballer cannot play for more than two clubs between 1 July and the end of the following June

never heard of this before.
    it must be new this season, as our promising young super kev played for us, derby and norwich last season.
    or don't loans count.
  • Options
    I still think Diawara could turn out to be a decent player,let's reserve judgement once the season has finished,I think unfortunately for us he needs to learn to English game as at present he sits too deep and doesn't hold a high enough line.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]Fifa rules state that one footballer cannot play for more than two clubs between 1 July and the end of the following June[/quote]

it must be new this season, as our promising young super kev played for us, derby and norwich last season.
    or don't loans count.[/quote]

yeah its true can't b registered for 3 diff teams in 1 yr, loans don't count
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]Fifa rules state that one footballer cannot play for more than two clubs between 1 July and the end of the following June

or don't loans count.

yeah its true can't b registered for 3 diff teams in 1 yr, loans don't count

And this season, of course, James Walker has already played League matches for both Bristol Rovers & Leyton Orient.
    Which would otherwise mean he would be ineligable in any Charlton competetive fixture.

So I trust you're right and loans don't count.

• Options
    So to sum up is it then the case that a player cannot be registered at more than two clubs between July 1st 2006 and June 31st 2007?

If this is the case then surely we cannot sell Diawarra, Faye or Traore until July 1st 2007 ???
  • Options
    ah - maybe we are okay ...

"Article Five, Paragraph Three of Fifa's regulations stipulates that, while players can be registered for a maximum of three clubs from July 1 until June 30 the following year, they are eligible to play for only two in that time."

Guardian link
  • Options
    All this selling Dowie's rejects is a smoke screen for selling Bent methinks..
  • Options
    An example of this not playing for three clubs thing is aparently coming up over the Mascerano moving to Anfield thing as he will have been 'registered' with three seperate clubs.......