Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

All of you who doubted Mooney....

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
It will be there for all to see tomorrow against Swindon, how different our game will be without Mooneys intelligant runs and link up play. No he is not an out and out goalscorer, everybody knows that, but he is certainly a piece in the puzzle that we will desperately miss! I would put my bottom dollar on Akpo failing to make the same impact as Mooney has for us!
Sam will be sorely missed as well, MASSIVE player for us!
See you all tomorrow and hope everyone is having a great christmas!
COYR

Comments

• I think your spot on with those 2 evaluations. The key today is how we can manage in theur abscence. Mckenzie looks a good player so he would be an able replacement for either, wide left or up top. And we have 2 very good players in jonjo and racon as well to come in. Its a squad game and our squad has some depth
  • i agree, alot of ppl seem to not see how much mooney has done for us. i for one think he is an excellent player, capable of being a goalscorer too but he is a big threat and frees up space for others and is a constant menace to the opposition with his intelligent runs.

I do however think we will not see today that he will be missed as think we may go back to 4-4-1-1 which should be enough to see of swindon, but i do think he is a big player for us and hope he makes a quick recovery as i feel we are much more dangerous with him in the side
  • Without sounding smirky, i think we did suffer from the absence of Mooney today. Akpo run himself into the ground but i dont think he is impressed at all since his wondergoal against Yeovil. Parky has today stated that he wants Mooney for the rest of the season and i really do hope, with the aid of a quick recovery, that happens very soon!
  • i agree, sodje u couldnt fault his effort but just wasnt happenning for him. improved in second half but then ran out of steam so had to come off
  • Gone back to Reading for a bit as injury is to keep him out for 3-6 weeks (I think).

Big loss imo, especially if Sodje goes back aswell. Wonder what the Mooney critics will think when we are only left with McLeod!
  • Parky said tonight that despite the injury, he's trying to get Reading let us have Mooney for the rest of the season.
    And Mooney wants to stay.
  • I think Reading will let us keep him till the end of the season, even with their scoring problems, I cannot see him forcing his way in anytime soon and with the windown about to open, any new manager there will surely bring in a striker or two!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Gone back to Reading for a bit as injury is to keep him out for 3-6 weeks (I think).

Big loss imo, especially if Sodje goes back aswell. Wonder what the Mooney critics will think when we are only left with McLeod![/quote]

McLeod is gone to Hearts, ah well we still have Dickson....
  • I thought Akpo was fantastic today and personally rate him (albeit based on a handful of games) as a better bet than Mooney. Although he makes the odd intelligent run, Mooney's not great in the air, doesn't hold the ball up too well and goes down far too easily for my liking.

After today's performance, Akpo's my hero and I think CAFC_SE7, your smugness is completely misplaced as Mooney wouldn't have done half the running that Sodje did.
  • [cite]Posted By: HandG[/cite]I thought Akpo was fantastic today and personally rate him (albeit based on a handful of games) as a better bet than Mooney. Although he makes the odd intelligent run, Mooney's not great in the air, doesn't hold the ball up too well and goes down far too easily for my liking.

After today's performance, Akpo's my hero and I think CAFC_SE7, your smugness is completely misplaced as Mooney wouldn't have done half the running that Sodje did.
    For me they're very different types of players and both could play a big part, rather than one being much better than the other.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: HandG[/cite]I thought Akpo was fantastic today and personally rate him (albeit based on a handful of games) as a better bet than Mooney. Although he makes the odd intelligent run, Mooney's not great in the air, doesn't hold the ball up too well and goes down far too easily for my liking.

For me they're very different types of players and both could play a big part, rather than one being much better than the other.

Absolutely correct.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: HandG[/cite]I thought Akpo was fantastic today and personally rate him (albeit based on a handful of games) as a better bet than Mooney. Although he makes the odd intelligent run, Mooney's not great in the air, doesn't hold the ball up too well and goes down far too easily for my liking.

Absolutely correct.

and on that note i'd rather have mooney in the team then akpo, but then akpo is useful also :-)

mooney would of run just as much as akpo if not more, he runs his socks of he does and i dont know which one is quicker though, i also feel although sodje did play well that mooney wouldnt have made that much of a difference for that game as could do no more then Sodje jnr, maybe a few better runs and touches but as above they are two very different players so cant really compare them other then i would rather rooney......mooney in the team ahead of akpo
  • i agree with johhnybev.... 2 total different players you can't compare them
  • [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]i agree with johhnybev.... 2 total different players you can't compare them

You always agree with me Paula hehe ;-)
  • not always sir Johnny
  • [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]not always sir Johnny

lol know your place!
  • u going Brentford tw mate??? I couldve got tickets.. I tried to book the time of 3 months ago. Even though I was the only Him Advisor that applied for it got told I couldn't get the time off as we would be busy. Last Thursday our senior manager walked round saying "oh we have too many people in on Monday.. Does anyone want to swap Monday for Saturday as we haven't got enough people in". It shows how disorganised they are !! Now wonder I am leaving this year.. I couldnt say that on facebook as LB (tl) and VH ( STD) and other people are on there (you know where I am coming from)
  • [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]u going Brentford tw mate??? I couldve got tickets.. I tried to book the time of 3 months ago. Even though I was the only Him Advisor that applied for it got told I couldn't get the time off as we would be busy. Last Thursday our senior manager walked round saying "oh we have too many people in on Monday.. Does anyone want to swap Monday for Saturday as we haven't got enough people in". It shows how disorganised they are !! Now wonder I am leaving this year.. I couldnt say that on facebook as LB (tl) and VH ( STD) and other people are on there (you know where I am coming from)

Yeah i do mate very much so, nah not going tomorrow unfortunately as got poker game otherwise would have tried last minute.need to think next game i will be at thats problem with not havent season ticket anymore you forget who where playing until the actual week of game and most of the time its too late

as for the place that shall not be named its a shithole mate and just leave, preferably with a job ready dont do a me :-) we need to have a beer sometime early next year mate or frame of snooker