Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who will play at Brentford?

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
Sodje S suspended for 4 matches, Dailly sick, Youga and Richardson still injured and that's just the defence!

Deon Burton also missing with a suspension.

My guess...

Elliot

Omozusi
Llera
Semedo
Basey

Sam
Shelvey
Bailey
Spring

Sodje A
McKenzie

Subs:

Randolph
Solly
Wagstaff
Dickson
Holden
McLeod
Tuna (assuming his loan allows)

Any other thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Waggy for Spring and I'd agree with that. Do we know Ricardson will still be missing, Parky said he was 50/50 for today. We need his experience back there. What illness has Dailly got I wonder ?
  • Options
    keep spring in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]keep spring in.

can see why you say that, and he played well today, but I like to see some width and Waggy and Sam have been instrumental in our recent wins and we need a win on Monday.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Elliott

Omozusi
    Llera
    Semedo
    Basey

Sam
    Bailey
    Shelvey
    Waggy

Sodje
    Dickson

Randolph
    Solly
    Spring
    Holden
    Mckenzie
    Mcleod

Mckenzie didnt look sharp enough to be considered a starter. Dickson caused more problems when he came on.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Trouble is .....only 48 hours between matches, no real rest or recovery period.

Parky said tonight Richardson won't feature against Brentford - slight setback.
    Also said Dailly with his illness, is struggling to be considered.
    Semedo's performance at centreback was also given special emphasis. No mention of Youga.
    Defence: Omo, Llera. Semedo, Basey ....I reckon.

He also praised Akpo, and gave the strongest of hints that Dicko will be involved.
    So maybe that's the starting pairing? I can only think that McKenzie has currently just 30 minutes football in him, so won't start.
    Forwards: Akpo, Dickson.

Jonjo likely to start also. Spring is no spring chicken, and 90 minutes today together with 9 men for much of the game and having not started for a couple of months might have taken it's toll.

He's got Sam back, remember.
    Parky was quite excited by his diamond midfield formation - enables him to play 2 forwards.He's short of bodies, but not in midfield. And he'll need some fresh legs........ expect to see perhaps Racon drafted in if Semedo plays CB.

Can't see both Waggy and Sam starting, especially if Semedo stays at CB. The midfield would need reinforcing in the centre - wouldn't be surprised to see the diamond formation as worked on in training all week. Means the midfield can play narrower and congest the centre midfield - and suits our wealth of CMs.

Bailey will play because he's Bailey, and showing he could be our Captain Marvel, so he might be knackered tonight but he'll lead again.
    Midfield: anyone's guess, depending on formation.
  • Options
    If Dickson is thrown in on Monday that'll be a big chance for him. He looked his most dangerous for us alongside Kandol so perhaps Akpo would be the right type of partner for him up front.
  • Options
    bloody hell. that's our first choice back four not playing. thought pp got it bang on today considering circumstances and he'll have to pull out something similar for monday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Waggy for Spring and I'd agree with that. Do we know Ricardson will still be missing, Parky said he was 50/50 for today. We need his experience back there. What illness has Dailly got I wonder ?

I thought Spring kept his head, was always there for his team-mates and generally played well today. I'd keep him in the side for Monday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]If Dickson is thrown in on Monday that'll be a big chance for him. He looked his most dangerous for us alongside Kandol so perhaps Akpo would be the right type of partner for him up front.

Parky also said tonight, Akpo led the line on his own very well but has only got around an hour's football in him.
    So to dovetail with McKenzie seems logical.

Do expect Waggy to come on with 15-20 mins left at Brentford ...... he's remarkably effective as a late sub against tiring defences - as we've seen often this season.

Wild card: Sam more central alongside and deeper than the main striker. It could mean that Sam could attack the soft underbelly of their defence on the floor from the centre - and still have opportunity to run into the space on either wing for conventional wing play. It might be a tactic best used against packed defences at home matches - so I don't think it'll happen against Brentford though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Graham R.[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Waggy for Spring and I'd agree with that. Do we know Ricardson will still be missing, Parky said he was 50/50 for today. We need his experience back there. What illness has Dailly got I wonder ?

I thought Spring kept his head, was always there for his team-mates and generally played well today. I'd keep him in the side for Monday.
    Wasn't there but considering Semedo will most likely have to play centre back I'd say Spring needs to be there. Racon and Shelvey can't do that job, and I think it limits Bailey too much, he just can't get forward if he has to do that job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed that Springy is the logical gatekeeper in front of the defence.

But after today's hardrunning effort, just wondering if he's got the match fitness, stamina and sharpness to play such a vital role within the next 48 hours. He's hardly played for 10 weeks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Agreed that Springy is the logical gatekeeper in front of the defence.

But after today's hardrunning effort, just wondering if he's got the match fitness, stamina and sharpness to play such a vital role within the next 48 hours. He's hardly played for 10 weeks.

I agree it's a worry. But I reckon the 9 who saw the game out will be on a bit of a high, and that could help.
  • Options
    Here is the team I hope plays:
    Elliot
    Omuzusi
    Dailly
    Llera
    Basey
    Sam
    Semedo
    Shelvey
    Bailey
    Sodje
    Dickson

If not then Semedo switches to cb and Spring in midfield, also Bailey and Shelvey can swap as the diamond will not suit Sam, I think Parky will want to go 4-4-2 and as McKenzie may not be quite ready to start, I can see Dickson starting. Personally I think Dickson and Sodje could be quite a decent partnership.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Agreed that Springy is the logical gatekeeper in front of the defence.

Of course, wasn't really thinking about that. Will be down to Parky to work out who can handle another game. Same situation for Brentford though.
  • Options
    Sure is, Mr Brooking (or may I call you Trevor?) ;o)

Brentford themselves played 30 mins with 10 men (Charlie Mac sent off), so they had to dig in too.

Not quite the same as only having 11 men for around a dozen actual minutes - and only 9 men for around 55 minutes.
    Sodje and Burton did make it hard for us today.
  • Options
    First choice Back 4 and the favoured strike partnership of Burton & Mooney out doesn't look good at all.

GK - ELLIOT, Robbie
    DR - OMOZUSI, Elliot
    DL - BASEY, Grant
    DC - SEMEDO, Jose
    DC - LLERA, Miguel
    MC - BAILEY, Nicky
    MC - RACON, Therry
    AMR - SAM, Lloyd
    AML - HOLDEN, Luke
    AMC - SHELVEY, Jonjo
    FC - SODJE, Akpo

Subs: RANDOLPH, Darren, SOLLY, Chris, SPRING, Matthew, WAGSTAFF, Scott, DICKSON, Chris, PERKINS, Lewis, MCKENZIE, Leon

Still think we have a squad capable of picking up points scoring goals and able to compete but everyone needs to pick up their game and work for each other more then ever now prove themselves.
  • Options
    Thinking about it, I actually think Racon should start, fresh legs and energy is just what we need especially as Spring has barely played so may be knackered. Also he like Shelvey today has a point to prove. Shelvey stepped up to the mark so hopefully so can Racon
  • Options
    Watched the paint game away at Soton on tinternet, must say when Holden came on on the left he was quite good, certainly eager to get involved....I don't know his fitness situation, but I reckon Brentford won't be legislating for him, could spring a suprise?