Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Swindon - Player ratings

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
Sam Sodje's had the good sense to get his stupidity out of the way early, and before he would qualify for a CL player rating. Burton wsn't so lucky. A day on, and maybe the initial feeling has softened given the terrific 1st half of the season he has had.

If you were at the game, copy and paste the bit below and add your player marks below (half marks allowed)

Elliot -
Omozusi -
Llera -
Basey -
Shelvey -
Semedo -
Spring -
Bailey -
A Sodje -
Burton -

Comments

• Options
    Elliot - 8
    Omozusi - 8.5
    Llera - 8.5
    Basey - 8
    Shelvey - 8.5
    Semedo - 8.5
    Spring - 8.5
    Bailey - 9
    A Sodje - 8.5
    Burton - 4
  • Options
    Elliot - 7.5
    Omozusi - 7
    Llera - 8
    Basey - 7.5
    Shelvey - 8
    Semedo - 7
    Spring - 7.5
    Bailey - 8
    A Sodje - 7
    Burton - 5
  • Options
    Elliot - 8
    Omozusi - 7
    Llera - 7
    Basey -7
    Shelvey - 9
    Semedo - 8
    Spring - 7
    Bailey - 9
    A Sodje - 9
    Burton - 3
  • Options
    Elliot - 8 - Some great saves to keep us in it.
    Omozusi - 8.5 - One poor sliced clearance nearly got us into bother but otherwise pretty assured defensively and offered width down right.
    Llera - 9 - Assured at the back, couple of great blocks and great finish to salvage a point. Cult hero.
    Basey - 8 - Very solid defensively, often having to deal with 2 players at a time but not able to offer quite as much going forward as Omo.
    Shelvey - 8 - Tireless running and great finish for goal. Rarely conceded possesion. Did have a couple of cracks at getting himself needlessly sent off though.
    Semedo - 7 - Possibly at fault for second goal. Stood firm though playing out of position and under constant attack.
    Spring - 7.5 - Another tireless worker. Some wayward passing, but also some fine interceptions - seems to read game well, but doesn't impose himself as much as others in our squad.
    Bailey - 7.5 - Ran himself into ground and was completely on empty by final whistle. Similar to Spring, some great work defensively but also some wayward passing and wasteful set pieces, possibly as much down to tiredness as anything else. Think he might need resting tomorrow.
    A Sodje - 6.5 - Thought he was pretty poor in the first half but started to show what he is about in the second, able to cause problems despite being heavily isolated. Shame he wasn't fit enough to play on as he might have earnt a higher score given more time.
    Burton - 3 - Missed an absolute sitter and then proceeded to get himself pointless booked and then needlessly handled for second booking. You could see from his reaction he couldn't believe what he'd just done but he needs a good kicking for the terrible timing of such a silly error. On another day the ref might have shown some leniancy as it was a silly foul rather than a malicious one, but there can be no real complaints.

S Sodje - 2 - Such a stupid, stupid tackle in such a needless part of the pitch when we were already playing with our last 2 centre backs earning a 4 match ban during the no-loans window. F***ing idiotic.
  • Options
    Elliot - 9
    Omozusi - 8
    Llera - 8
    Basey -8
    Shelvey -9
    Semedo -9
    Spring -9
    Bailey -9.5
    A Sodje -8
    Burton - 1
    sam sodje 0
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Omozusi - 7.5
    Llera - 8.5
    Basey - 7.5
    Shelvey - 9
    Semedo - 8.5
    Spring - 7
    Bailey - 9
    A Sodje - 8
    Burton - 2
  • Options
    Elliot - 7.5
    Omozusi - 8
    Llera - 8
    Basey -8
    Shelvey -8.5
    Semedo -9
    Spring -9
    Bailey -9.5
    A Sodje -8
    Burton - 4
    sam sodje-2
  • Options
    Elliot - 8
    Omozusi - 7
    Llera - 8.5
    Basey - 7
    Shelvey - 7.5
    Semedo - 8
    Spring - 7
    Bailey - 7
    A Sodje - 5
    Burton - 4.5
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Elliot - 7.5
    Omozusi - 7.5
    Llera - 8.5
    Basey - 7
    Shelvey - 7
    Semedo - 8
    Spring - 7.5
    Bailey - 8.5
    A Sodje - 8
    Burton - 8.5 High I know but he is insrtumental for Charlton this season and his lay off for Jonjos goal was typical.
  • Options
    Elliot - 8, some wonderful saves, did everything we could have asked of him.
    Omozusi - 7, a capable display, but I expected more after his display last week.
    Llera - 8.5, excellent display rounded off by a very coolly taken goal.
    Basey - 7.5, brave and committed, another good performance following on from last week.
    Shelvey - 8, you could see he was happy to be back and determined to show why he should be back in the team. I told my son he would score, and happily he did.
    Semedo - 8.5, superb in defence, we definitely missed him in midfield, but one of the main reasons we did not lose.
    Spring - 7.5, could have scored, some great passing movements
    Bailey - 9, what a game, my man of the match. He does not give in, a true captain.
    A Sodje - 7, ran out of steam in the end, and not always as effectual as I would like, but a constant thorn in the side of Swindon.
    Burton - 4, Deon, Deon, Deon why did you do that? I am not going to criticise him, he's had a great season - just don't do it again!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elliot - 8
    Omozusi - 8
    Llera - 9
    Basey - 7
    Shelvey - 8
    Semedo - 8
    Spring - 7.5
    Bailey - 8.5
    A Sodje - 7
    Burton - 1

And for what it's worth
    S Sodje - 0
  • Options
    Elliott - 8 much better than of late in all aspects.
    Omozusi - 8 I like his positioning and even broke forward when we had 11 men.
    Basey - 7 Not his best game but still did plenty of good stuff and his delivery from wide is excellent.
    Llera - 7 Funny one....caught out for both goals...missed so many routine headers but tried so hard and did do some good stuff too. A much better centre back with the ball at his feet (which has it's drawbacks as well as advantages!) Brilliant goal and never say die attitude. Impossible to dislike.
    Sodje - 3 If an opposition player had done that tackle a lot of people on here would have looking to lynch him. 14 reds in 10 years says it all.
    Bailey - 9 Never stopped and his tackling was top notch.
    Spring - 7.5 Another one with little match practice and did ok..even put some tackles in and great ball (hopeful or not) for Llera's goal.
    Shelvey - 8.5 No match practice but it was like he'd never been away. Superbly taken goal and a very mature performance.
    Semedo - 8.5 Grew in the job at centre back. Reads the game well and stays tight to his man. Great blocks too. Heading will be a problem if he has to stay there but that's life. He's a good lad and seems to have got over needing to be booked every match!
    Burton - 5 Great while he was on the pitch (apart from his woeful header!!!!)...different level of ball control to any other player BUT.....he was stupid TWICE! (and he knows it so I won't be too hard on him)
    Sodje Akpo - 7 If he had come off at half-time I would have marked him 3 but 2nd half he was a different player. Unlucky perhaps with far post header...great leap. But 1st half looked totally off the pace and distinctly non-league.
    Wagstaff - 8 This was the sort of cameo he has to translate into a 90 min performance. Fast...very fast and caused problems for the full back which he wasn't expecting so late in the game.
    Dickson - 7 Looked lively and worked hard.
    McKenzie - 5 Expected much better as he likes to run with the ball. Looked the right thing to bring him on but just didn't work out this time.

Parkinson - 9 Used his subs wisely and clearly didn't panic at halftime. Instead, he and the coaching staff got the team organised because they clearly knew when to concede space and how to break out effectively.

Crowd- 9 Dunkirk spirit always brings the best out of Charlton supporters.

Ref: 8 - A lot better than people are giving him credit for. Send offs were 100% correct. I'm struggling to think of a worse ever Charlton foul than Sodje's. Perhaps someone can think of one?

Ended up being a really absorbing game of football. I enjoyed it....in the end!!
  • Options
    Elliot - 8
    Omozusi - 8
    Llera - 9
    Basey - 8
    Shelvey - 9
    Semedo - 9.5
    Spring - 9
    Bailey - 10 (If that performance doesn't deserve it then nothing does!)
    A Sodje - 9
    Burton - 4
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Elliot - 7
    Omozusi - 7.5
    Llera - 8
    Basey - 7
    Shelvey - 7.5
    Semedo -8.5
    Spring -8
    Bailey - 8.5
    A Sodje - 8
    Burton - 2

Shame we did not have any superstore shopping store catalogues on our seats to throw on the pitch
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Omozusi - 7
    Llera - 7
    Basey - 6
    Shelvey - 7
    Semedo - 6
    Spring - 6
    Bailey - 7
    A Sodje - 8
    Burton - 4
  • Options
    Elliot - 8
    Omozusi - 8.5
    Llera - 9
    Basey - 7.5
    Shelvey - 7.5
    Semedo - 8.5
    Spring - 7.5
    Bailey - 9.5
    A Sodje - 9
    Burton - 3
  • Options
    Elliot - 8
    Omozusi - 8
    Llera - 8.5
    Basey - 8
    Shelvey - 8
    Semedo - 9
    Spring - 9
    Bailey - 9.5
    A Sodje - 8
    Burton - 3
  • Options
    Elliot - 8
    Omozusi - 8.5
    Llera - 9.5
    Basey - 8
    Shelvey - 9.5
    Semedo - 9.5
    Spring - 9.5
    Bailey - 11
    A Sodje - 9
    Burton - 2
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Omozusi - 7
    Llera - 8
    Basey - 7
    Shelvey - 9
    Semedo - 8
    Spring - 8
    Bailey - 8
    A Sodje - 9
    Burton - 3
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Omozusi - 7
    Llera - 8
    Basey - 7
    Shelvey - 7
    Semedo - 8
    Spring - 7
    Bailey - 8
    A Sodje - 7
    Burton - 5
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]Elliot - 6
    Omozusi - 7
    Llera - 7
    Basey - 6
    Shelvey - 7
    Semedo - 6
    Spring - 6
    Bailey - 7
    A Sodje - 8
    Burton - 4

I know football is all about opinions, and respect your right to yours, but you're either on a complete wind up or else you just want to get mentioned in AFKA's stats round up. Either way, pretty pathetic really.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    Omozusi - 7
    Llera - 7
    Basey - 6
    Shelvey - 7
    Semedo - 6
    Spring - 6
    Bailey - 7
    A Sodje - 8
    Burton - 4

I know football is all about opinions, and respect your right to yours, but you're either on a complete wind up or else you just want to get mentioned in AFKA's stats round up. Either way, pretty pathetic really.

seconded. All players deserve 9's but bailey was probably a 10
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Omozusi - 7
    Llera - 9
    Basey - 7
    Shelvey - 8
    Semedo - 8
    Spring - 8
    Bailey - 9
    A Sodje - 8
    Burton - 3
  • Options
    Elliot - 8
    Omozusi - 9
    Llera - 9
    Basey - 8
    Shelvey - 9
    Semedo - 9
    Spring - 8
    Bailey - 9
    A Sodje - 7
    Burton - 5
  • Options
    Omozusi - 7
    Llera - 7
    Basey - 6
    Shelvey - 7
    Semedo - 6
    Spring - 6
    Bailey - 7
    A Sodje - 8
    Burton - 4

WTF are you on about? Who am I trying to wind up? What are AFKA's stats round up? A quick glance at your ratings suggest that my ratings are might be closer to the median than yours!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]
    Omozusi - 7
    Llera - 7
    Basey - 6
    Shelvey - 7
    Semedo - 6
    Spring - 6
    Bailey - 7
    A Sodje - 8
    Burton - 4

WTF are you on about? Who am I trying to wind up? What are AFKA's stats round up? A quick glance at your ratings suggest that my ratings are might be closer to the median than yours!

I'm on about you giving Semedo and Spring a 6 each and Bailey a 7, for example. Did you realise we only had 9 men? What on earth would you have expected them to do to earn higher marks than that - perhaps do a bit more running about and closing down further up the pitch?

And clearly your maths is no better than your opinions on players performance - otherwise you will have seen the number of 8's and 9's given by everyone else.

But don't worry mate, I ain't exactly bothered. You go for it if that's what you really think!
  • Options
    Elliot - 7 kicking a bit Deanolike at times but kept us in it at least once
    Omozusi - 7 improving all the time and looked useful going forward until we were forced on the back foot with just 9 players
    Llera - 7.5 generally sound gets the extra half for the goal
    Basey - 7 solid performance not really exposed for pace which was good
    Shelvey - 8.5 confident performance covering every blade of grass excellently taken goal
    Semedo - 8 stepped manfully into the breach at centreback and still contributed in midfield
    Spring - 8 a reassuring presence. For me his best match since he joined us.
    Bailey - 9 Everywhere even more than the others so just shades MOM for me
    A Sodje - 7.5 did a good job on his own up top
    Burton - 6 he was on for a 7 but 1 lopped off for the sending off although I maintain the ref was harsh in his case. No argument with the Sodje one though
  • Options
    But don't worry mate, I ain't exactly bothered if you want to look like a prize prat. You go for it if that's what you really think!

I am equally totally unconcerned about your opinion of my views. But, it does bother me that prats like you sometimes lower the tone of this bulletin board with personal attacks and rants that make it look like the samples of the Millwall forums we have seen posted here over the last few weeks!
  • Options
    off_it, just tell him what marks he should put for everyone.
  • Options
    Elliot - 8
    Omozusi - 8
    Llera - 8.5
    Basey - 8
    Shelvey - 8
    Semedo - 8
    Spring - 8
    Bailey - 9
    A Sodje - 8
    Burton - 6.5 (brilliant lay off for JJ's goal)