Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2 points gained or 4 points lost?

I wasn't at either the Millwall or Swindon games so have relied on the rest of you for reports on the games.

Against Millwall we were winning 3-2 against 10 men but didn't have the ability/desire/gumption to close the game out and win.

Against Swindon 2 of our most experienced professionals had so much desire that they both got sent off for needless fouls,OK the remaining 9 played heroically (like Millwall's 10) but from what you lot have said with 10 or 11 men we would have had a easy win and been ready for Brentford tomorrow. Now we loose those 2 players, the remainder are knackered and we'll be luck to get 1 point tomorrow.

So no we didn't gain 2 and loose 4, we might gain 3 and loose 6

Promotion?- you're having a laugh

Comments

• MIllwall was 2 points lost, yesterday was very much 1 point gained

Promotion, still on target
  • one point gained today, and two lost last week, so 1 lost......

promotion - ON
  • me and rothko are on the same page at least ... hahaha
  • Exactly: 2 lost, 1 gained. Unbeaten in a long time.
  • edited December 2009
    I can't comment on Millwall as I wasn't there but by the sound of it it was 2 points dropped. I have to disagree with yesterday however, in my opinion definitely 2 points dropped. If we had 11 men I have no doubt we would have won that match, Swindon were not that good and even with 9 we were doing ok but those needless sendings off definitely cost us the points
  • What Rothko said
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]MIllwall was 2 points lost, yesterday was very much 1 point gained

Promotion, still on target

Yup
  • can i answer at the end of the season
  • What Rothko, mascott88, Stig, SHG and stonemuse said.

Of course, the alternative view is that the world is going to end tomorrow in an agonising storm of fire, plague and genital warts, so it's all academic and promotion could never ever be attained - but hey ho!
  • Promotion is still very much on, but am worried we will have to go up against Pardews lot in the play offs. Definetly four points dropped, because we would have expected to win both games. A spirited performance by Millwall and two stupid players against Swindon.
  • Sponsored links:

• 4 points dropped, should've seen off Millwall who only had 10 and yesterday we'd have smashed Swindon even with 10 men, which makes me even more pissed off with Burton who should've known better.
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]4 points dropped, should've seen off Millwall who only had 10 and yesterday we'd have smashed Swindon even with 10 men, which makes me even more pissed off with Burton who should've known better.

But we only had 9 Eltham, so a point gained in the circumstances.
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]4 points dropped, should've seen off Millwall who only had 10 and yesterday we'd have smashed Swindon even with 10 men, which makes me even more pissed off with Burton who should've known better.

Yeh this is true. It was a point gained once we'd had 2 men sent off, but surely having 2 men sent off is part of the 'point dropping' in the overall context of the game. We started the game with 11 men and hoping for a win, and whatever the circumstances, didn't get a win.

Not to discredit the performance (by all accounts the 9 men were heroic). Personally though I would have hoped for 4 points from the 2 home games.
  • 4 points dropped absolutely no doubt. Very lacklustre against Millwall but when you are 3-2 & 4-3 up against a side (whether they have 10 men or not), you should go on to win. As for yesterday, of course when we were down to 9 it was 1 point gained but we should never have put ourselves in that position.

Still on course for promotion but it is now a lot tighter than it should have been.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]Yeh this is true. It was a point gainedoncewe'd had 2 men sent off, but surely having 2 men sent off is part of the 'point dropping' in the overall context of the game. We started the game with 11 men and hoping for a win, and whatever the circumstances, didn't get a win.
    Spot on
  • 4 dropped and now without 2 players. It could cost more than 4 points.
  • It's an easy question to answer.

Just ask Norwich.
  • I'll answer again after today's match as I fear there will be repercussions from saturday.

However initial response:

Millwall I expected nothing from so a point gained. That view won't change.

Swindon, given the events of the match, has to be regarded as a point gained. However if we lose or draw today because we run out of gas I'd argue 2 points lost.
  • well salvaging a point against swindon may have cost us the extra 2 today as well.
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]well salvaging a point against swindon may have cost us the extra 2 today as well.

i think the point against swindon gained us the point today
  • Sponsored links:

• Do you think that with Sodje and Burton getting Sent Off it actually helped McKenzie get match fit as he had to run around a lot more?