Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford v Charlton - Pre match views, poll etc

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
Am now really worried about this one, following yesterdays adrenalin flowing performance, I wonder if they will have much energy left in the tank. The team are pretty depleted, although a "rested" Sam will be back in the frame. I would be happy with a draw, but hope for three points.

Comments

• Options
    Can't see us getting anything :9 slipping down the league over xmas :(
  • Options
    Will be tough I rekon but a point well earned.
  • Options
    Remember Dickson scored 2 goals at Griffin Park earlier this season for Bristol R.

I'm sure he has reminded Parky once or twice..... :-)
  • Options
    Get the feeling we'll draw this with it being the 2nd game in 3 days. Hopefully a win though.

Interesting that Parky was suggesting Dickson may well end up starting the game.
  • Options
    Elliot

Omo
    Dailly*
    Llera
    Basey

Sam
    Bailey
    Shelvey
    Semedo
    McKenzie (try and get an hour out of him at LW)

A.Sodje

Subs: Randolph, Solly, Racon, Spring, Wagstaff, McLeod, Dickson.

* if no Dailly, Semedo drops back in and Racon comes into the middle with Holden promoted to the bench

Another 2-2 for me... we will miss the guile and strength of Burton up front a hell of a lot and of course the aerial power of Sodj at the back.

If Dailly makes it I'd fancy us to pinch it 2-1, not just for what he adds at the back but I think that having Semedo in the engine room is crucial.
  • Options
    Brentford 56-12

rugby scores if our defence is as poor as in the last 2 games ;o)
  • Options
    i really dont know on this one, i have gone for the win. richardson should be back, i think as he was rated 50/50 for swindon so surely he must be in with a chance. was daily injured? or rested? i dont know but can only be a good thing if he is in
    i think we can take positives from getting a draw with 9 men so part of me thinks we will win by a few, but u never know with charlton or how much the opposition are up for it

5 Charlton wins
    8 Draws
    7 Charlton lose...
    so far scores on the doors so looks like not many ppl are optimistic about this one, c'mon you reds!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]i really dont know on this one, i have gone for the win. richardson should be back, i think as he was rated 50/50 for swindon so surely he must be in with a chance. was daily injured? or rested? i dont know but can only be a good thing if he is in
    i think we can take positives from getting a draw with 9 men so part of me thinks we will win by a few, but u never know with charlton or how much the opposition are up for it

5 Charlton wins
    8 Draws
    7 Charlton lose...
    so far scores on the doors so looks like not many ppl are optimistic about this one, c'mon you reds!

oops lol just checked and is actually the otherway round so little bit more optimistic then i thought :-P silly me
  • Options
    2-1 Brentford. Too many key players missing tomorrow - Youga, Sodje, Burton & poss Dailly.

Sincerely hope I'm proved wrong.
  • Options
    I reckon dailly will be back

Elliot
    Omozusi
    Dailly
    Lera
    Basey
    Wagstaff
    Semedo
    Bailey
    Wagstaff
    Shelvey
    Akpo

Not saying that is my team, but that is what I think it will be
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I reckon dailly will be back

Elliot
    Omozusi
    Dailly
    Lera
    Basey
    Wagstaff
    Semedo
    Bailey
    Wagstaff
    Shelvey
    Akpo

Not saying that is my team, but that is what I think it will be

Lol it wont be mate
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Lol it wont be mate

inside info that the boy isn't going to start then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Lol it wont be mate

inside info that the boy isn't going to start then?
    No, there's only one Scott Wagstaff...
  • Options
    Interview after the matrch Parkie says Richardson won't be back for brentford.
  • Options
    I think we need a win to stay on course...wont be a disaster if we dont get it, but the spirit in the side seems really good and I dont see why we cant win this.
  • Options
    Can Norwich go above us? They look unstoppable at the moment.
    Reckon we'll pinch a 1-0. Akpo with the goal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Can Norwich go above us? They look unstoppable at the moment.

we've been on a reasonable run and can't shake em off ......

we have to win this to keep the canaries away but i fear we're carrying too many nothing players at the moment hence we're not winning games we should if we want automatic promotion....
  • Options
    I fear we'll be out the top 2 for the first time all season come tonight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Elliot

Omo
    Dailly*
    Llera
    Basey

Sam
    Bailey
    Shelvey
    Semedo
    McKenzie (try and get an hour out of him at LW)

A.Sodje

Subs: Randolph, Solly, Racon, Spring, Wagstaff, McLeod, Dickson.

* if no Dailly, Semedo drops back in and Racon comes into the middle with Holden promoted to the bench

How I see it. Brentford have been playing 5 across the middle. Match that up and outplay them = 1 nil to the visitors. Not pretty or exciting 442 but don't care. Need to win games.

See you there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3 easy points for us today.i can't really see them troubling us.with another very impressive away followong roaring our heroes on it will be us turning the pressure back on norwich and then they'll have to sell players like murray said and we'll just cruise home in 2010.

1-3 and cult status for parky.
  • Options
    Gone for a Brentford win as I think the 9 heroes won't have enough left in the tank and without Burton it will be a struggle to get 90 minutes out of strikers who are not fully match fit.

Very much hope to be proved wrong though!
  • Options
    Diamond continues, headline diamonds are forever,another for shelvey and a late winner from dicko

Elliot
    Omo - who is getting better and better
    Basey
    Semedo
    Llera

Sam
    Spring
    Bailey
    Shelvey

Sodje
    Mckenzie
  • Options
    Think we have too many injuries and will be knackered after Saturdays exertions

would be happy with a draw from this one tbh
  • Options
    No Dailly definitely ruled out for today as well due to high temperature.

Semedo really needs to be able to perform at center half in fixtures like this. As I think Henry said the best bet is to go five midfielders, with both Scotty and Sam on the wings and Racon, Bailey and Spring in the middle. The midfield has to be won/nullified.
  • Options
    No jonjo col? He surely has to play
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]No jonjo col? He surely has to play
    Uncle has said jjs been told he's out for this game!
  • Options
    That's a strange decision!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Taking that Shelvey decision into account:

4-5-1:
    Elliot

Omozusi---Dailly---Llera---Basey
    Semedo

Spring
    Bailey
    --Sam
    Wagstaff--
    A. Sodje

4-4-2; which we may be forced into if Dailly isn't ready (pull Semedo back into defence and Spring into the midfield):
    Elliot

Omozusi---Dailly---Llera---Basey
    --Sam-Semedo-Bailey-Wagstaff-

Dickson----A. Sodje
  • Options
    Also still very confident of a win. We most definitely should be the better side, even without Burton and Sodje. If Brentford get any points from this game, they'll be sneaked points.