Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vincent Pericard

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.timesandstar.co.uk/charlton_and_southampton_lead_chase_for_vincent_pericard_1_654980?referrerPath=sport/

Did we knock him back when he was surplus at Pompey?

Comments

• Options
    there's a shock a striker that moves and soton are interested
  • Options
    No thanks.
  • Options
    Can see this being a real interest off load an over paid lump in McLeod and replace him with a cheaper potentially as useless lump
  • Options
    He was an "inside" forward once.

;o)
  • Options
    Certainly does the business for Charlton on my football manager game, scored about 15 or so goals half way through the season, be nice to have another former Juve player at Charlton as well :D
  • Options
    I thought I read he had a trial with us before he went to Carlisle, he has done ok for them but not sure if he is what we need.
  • Options
    Oh, he's absolutely garbage. I guess beggars can't be choosers, but there's a man that has pissed away his potential.

I'd much rather get a tricky lump out of League Two like Zola or Akinfenwa or a loanee out of the Prem/CCC, but no real idea of who might be available
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Always thought he sounds more like an alcoholic drink than a footballer.

Pericard on the rocks / Pericard and coke

Am I the only one ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Always thought he sounds more like an alcoholic drink than a footballer.

Pericard on the rocks / Pericard and coke

Am I the only one ?

No, me too
  • Options
    They called him Pericant at Stoke.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2010
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_5832694,00.html

Wouldn't mind seeing him bolster our forward line.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Crazy[/cite]http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_5832694,00.html

With Deon, Leon, Dickson, Mooney and Sodje we don't need forwards.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Crazy[/cite]http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_5832694,00.html

With Deon, Leon, Dickson, Mooney and Sodje we don't need forwards.

Depends what happens with Mooney and Sodje plus is Dickson sticking around?

Not overjoyed about Pericard. Physical presence but not much else IMHO. Maybe that is enough
  • Options
    Sheff Wed might recall Sodje after this weekend.

Mooney is injured.

McLeod is probably being moved on

Leaves us with Deon, Leon, Dickson so would need another striker.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Sheff Wed might recall Sodje after this weekend.

Mooney is injured.

McLeod is probably being moved on

Leaves us with Deon, Leon, Dickson so would need another striker.

I'm pretty confident one of Mooney and Sodje will stay and i don't think they'd move McLeod on if it left them short of options.
  • Options
    Parky wants to keep Mooney, who is not too far from fitness and is probably not going to get a chance at Reading. That would leave us with Deon, Leon, Mooney, Dickson. More than enough imo as if more injuries occur, there may be another loan option after the window and even forgotten man Fleetwood could be recalled
  • Options
    Best mates with a certain tierry henry too.. just like when we signed romm who was mates with jensen.. get in pericard, henry comes for free in the summer then flog pericard to fulham for 6 cans of stella and 20 mayfair... everyones a winner duck ala orange cushtie...
  • Options
    Expected to be signing for Southampton next week according to Carlisle local paper.
  • Options
    And so it begins... Pardew's one man mission to upset the apple cart with a host of needless signings - mostly strikers.

I mean really, they have Lambert on about 20 goals plus Connolly and Papa Waiga who've both been doing well for them - why sign a striker with a dodgy background who's going to be expecting to play?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]And so it begins... Pardew's one man mission to upset the apple cart with a host of needless signings - mostly strikers.

I mean really, they have Lambert on about 20 goals plus Connolly and Papa Waiga who've both been doing well for them - why sign a striker with a dodgy background who's going to be expecting to play?
    Waigo is used on the wing mostly. That leaves us with just Lambert and Connolly.

Not impressed by this signing (if it goes through), but I will be happy if I'm proved wrong by Vincent.
  • Options
    Fair enough, but I tell thee, this has all the hallmarks of the kind of disaterous signings Pardew made for us!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Fair enough, but I tell thee, this has all the hallmarks of the kind of disaterous signings Pardew made for us!

Like I said, its a signing that won't impress the Saints fans. We had him a couple season's ago when we just stayed up in the Championship. He was by far the worst striker I've seen in a Saints shirt in recent years.

He seems to have done well at Carlisle, which is why I can't understand why he wants to leave and come here. He will just be a bench player.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing some of this at St Marys:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSJRPesTBhU
  • Options
    Can see why Saints are signing him, done well for Carlisle and if Waigo is used on the wing, Connolly can't be relied on to play every game alongside Lambert as Connolly has quite an injury record in the last few years.
  • Options
    Signed an 18 month deal with Swindon