Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kris Boyd (SPL Only)

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]As the above poster said, all these SPL and Premier League records banded about are pathetic. There was football 20 years ago!
    Yeah, that does my head in, there should just be a national top flight record.

If Larsson was so good, why did he spend some a considerable chunk of his career playing in Scotland?!

Larsson was always too good for the Scottish leagues, but from what I can remember, I think it was loyalty that made him remain there. There were many offers from English clubs, but he chose to remain in Scotland because he enjoyed the lifestyle.

I know Boyd hasn't had the chance to show whether he could perform at the top flight, but I doubt whether he'll ever get the chance either, as none of the big clubs will ever take the risk, if he were to come south, he would probably end up at Everton or Birmingham, where in my opinion he would be a good squad player, but nothing more.
  • Options
    Henrik Larsson was a world class footballer.

Seriously, can anyone see Boyd signing for Barca?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Boyd is shite. Not fit to clean Larsson's boots. And I say that as man who couldn't give a toss about Scottish football, Celtic/Rangers, the religious bollocks or political tripe that goes along with all of it. Boyd is a flat-track bully - able to score plenty against lesser opposition (i.e. every team in Scotland bar Celtic) who are the equivalent of teams that we're playing in division three every week. Stick him in against an even remotely decent defence and he's found seriously wanting. The same most certainly cannot be said about Larsson - who not only scored a shedload of goals in Jockoland, but also did it whilst playing for some of the best sides in the world, against some of the bext defences in the world, and consistently at international level.

Comparing them is like comparing Darren Bent with Marcus Bent.

Brilliant and totally bang on!

Agree with Budgie too, a squad player with Birmingham or Everton, absolutely nailed on (is the best he would get in England)
  • Options
    When Larsson played, there were players like Gattuso and De Boer in the SPL, clubs could afford big fees inc Flo for 12million and Hartson/Sutton for hefty fees. Now there is less money and less quality. Of course Boyds achievement is great but for me he is not in the same class as Larsson, can you really see Boyd coming on for Barca in a champions league final and setting up both goals (Pretty sure he played a key role in both Barcas goals v Arsenal).

Would like to see Boyd in the Prem but cannot see him doing more than Kenny Miller when he played for Wolves and Derby
  • Options
    Whether he's playig in a "pub league in Jockoland" or whatever, the topic of the thread was supposed to be:
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]The original statement was "Kris Boyd just broke Henrik Larsson's reccord on the hogmanay eve - what an amazing achievement in the number of games it took.
    ..Happy hogmanay all lifers" - not "Kris Boyd is a better player than Henrik larsson - discuss"

The FACT is ..... it's still a damned good achievement, because no other forward in Scotland has yet broken Larson's achievement, whatever the supposed standard of football there.

Give the bloke some credit.
  • Options
    In talks with Villa
  • Options
    According to his Wikipedia page McGrory scored 410 goals in 408 league games yet was the Scottish leagues top scorer only 3 times in 15 seasons.

Who on earth was outscoring him then?!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]In talks with Villa

Hardly Barca though :-)