Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

imax/3D

edited January 2010 in Not Sports Related
We don't have any so called imax cinemas here in carrot land. Is imax a superior version of 3D, or the same? If superior what are the main features?

Comments

• Options
    i think Bing that the screen is curved and therefore wraps around more and it increases the 3d effect i aint sure though
  • Options
    I always thought so, but having seen Avatar in 3D at the Picturhouse in Greenwich, I'm less convinced. As NLA says it's a bigger screen and curved, but the effect seemed the same. I'd say the difference is more that it's a massive theatre with superb sound.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]I always thought so, but having seen Avatar in 3D at the Picturhouse in Greenwich, I'm less convinced. As NLA says it's a bigger screen and curved, but the effect seemed the same. I'd say the difference is more that it's a massive theatre with superb sound.

Yeah, would agree with that. I saw Coraline in the 3D Imax, and Avatar 3D only ... hard to tell a major difference apart from the sound.
  • Options
    I've been to the IMAX at Wimbledon and Southbank. The Wimbledon one's screen is a similar size to a large cinema. The screen at Southbank is the height of 5 double decker buses, so they're not all the same. Can't comment on whether 3d is different at an IMAX as opposed to a regular cinema.