Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Not a good start to the year....

After just six years of marriage, two children aged 4 and six months my wife today has been refeered to the Marsden hospital, just when things were turning around something comes along and kicks you right in the b*****cks

Comments

• Good luck to her - I can tell you first hand that Royal Marsden is a great hospital with wonderful and very dedicated staff.
  • Sorry to hear that WIWLB.
    Have been moaning about coming back to work after holiday and Charltons lack of wins lately but news like that sure puts things in perspective.
    All the best for your wife and family.
  • My thoughts are with you mate
  • So sorry to hear that, WhenIwas.

Wishing you both all the very best.
  • Really sorry to hear that.

Hope she comes though it OK and both you and her can be strong for each other and the kids.
  • Sorry to hear that mate. Rest assured, the staff at the Royal Marsden are amongst the best you'll get anywhere in the world.
    All the very best.
  • Really sorry to hear this.

I'm no expert, but keep as positive & determined (even angry!) as you can - it helps.
  • Best wishes mate, to your wife especially
  • Sorry to hear this, and thinking of you and your family.

I can say that I know first hand that the Marsden is a very good hospital and the nurses and docs are first class.

Take care

M
  • Sorry to read this.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
  • Sponsored links:

• Best wishes to all you all at this difficult time.
  • All the best to you all mate
  • [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]Sorry to hear that mate. Rest assured, the staff at the Royal Marsden are amongst the best you'll get anywhere in the world.
    All the very best.

I'll echo that
  • Really sorry to hear this. Keep strong mate.
  • I'm struggling to come up with anything more original than has already been said by the Lifers on this thread so will just wish you and your wife all the best in the challenges you face.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]I'm struggling to come up with anything more original than has already been said by the Lifers on this thread so will just wish you and your wife all the best in the challenges you face.

Me too, keep strong for her and the kids.
  • Wishing you all the very best for all of you
  • i echo everyone else in hoping for the best outcome for your wife and yourself and family.
  • Best wishes from the McMoist household.
  • Sorry to hear your news.
    Best wishes for a positive outcome.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • Can't add any more to what's been said already, except that as I found out recently, if you need them, Lifers are there for you. Best wishes, stay positive.
  • Best wishes.
  • What everybodies said is exactly what im going to say Best wishes and try to keep your chin up.
  • Wishing you all the best, as has already been said, she's in good hands.
  • Best wishes.
  • Very sorry to read this WIWLB. Stay as positive as you can.
    [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]Rest assured, the staff at the Royal Marsden are amongst the best you'll get anywhere in the world.

Absolutely. Having worked closely with a number of the consultants there over the last 3 years through work, they are the unquestionably the best at what they do.

Best Wishes.
  • Obviously I don't know what your Mrs might have, WIWLB, but fingers crossed they've caught it early. As tempting as it may be, try to avoid trawling the internet for info until you've got a reasonably firm diagnosis and some suggestions for treatment options, cos you're likely to totally freak yourselves out otherwise. That said, everyone I know who has had dealings with MacMillan has said they're bloody brilliant, so you might want to get in touch with them if you need support. Best wishes to all of you.
  • Wishing you both all the best, stay strong.
  • Dont normaly reply to threads like this as I dont know you at all, but i sincerily hope it all works out.

keep strong.