Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Monopoly and old games....

During xmas we decided to have an old fashioned board game day.................like to say how great it was and boy you young uns miss out playing tecky things
but bloody hell my mind had blanked out how boring Monopoly and Cludeo are ........to be honest we found snakes and ladders and card games saved the day ...........ooo next year good old black and white 3 channels TV for the day...........has anyone ever enjoyed Monopoly !!!

Comments

• Options
    Can't remember ever finishing a game of Monopoly.........
  • Options
    Last Christmas we decided to play monopoly to the finish, no deals and now giving in, debts had to paid for by mortgaging each house/hotel and property to pay debts, the game in total lasted about 8 hours and swung backwards and forwards about ten times.

It was fun for about the two hour but only our determination to get the thing finished meant that we continued.
  • Options
    Last time i played monopoly was with my ex. I bought everything i landed on, including building houses on Park Lane & Mayfair. She must have landed on Mayfair about 7 circuits in a row.

She threw a wobbler and chucked the iron and the top hat at me.

That was the beginning of the end for us....
  • Options
    lol bet it was the rubbing of hands everytime and smirk..................women no sende of humour
  • Options
    lol...to be fair she wasnt the brightest, probably got the hump cos i didnt buy her anything with the money.
  • Options
    I love monopoly, managed to squeeze in a few games over xmas.

My missus bought me a old style set (wooden houses etc) a few years ago, one of the best presents she's ever bought for me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]I love monopoly

GladI'm not the only one!
  • Options
    Monopoly is great if you've got players who are fiercely competitive, ruthless and cunning.

And all night fuelled by liquor to play.
  • Options
    I've been searching for the original Dingbats in the shops but can't find it anywhere. Spotted a few on eBay but fancy looking at it first etc. That game was great.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I've been searching for the original Dingbats in the shops but can't find it anywhere. Spotted a few on eBay

The Spotted Dingbat is a rarity.

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You don't get money any more, the new version has credit cards!
    Oh how times have changed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I've been searching for the original Dingbats in the shops but can't find it anywhere. Spotted a few on eBay

The Spotted Dingbat is a rarity.

;o)

We seem to have a few on this site though...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Monopoly is great if you've got players who are fiercely competitive, ruthless and cunning.

I love Monopoly, but you can not play it with people who just want a laugh. It serious stuff. I am waiting for my boys to become old enough to be slaughtered by the black arts....... rubs hands and manically laughs....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Monopoly is great if you've got players who are fiercely competitive, ruthless and cunning.

Afreed if you have people with you who dont take it too seriously otherwise fights could break out and some peole just take it far too seriously. Poker is another one i love poker but some people take it far to serious and it can become not fun if people do.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Poker is another one i love poker but some people take it far to serious and it can become not fun if people do.

Poker?

She might not let you.

;o)
  • Options
    If you want to play boardgames there a literally thousands that are far better than the abortion that is Monopoly. Checkout boardgamegeek.com, especially games like Settler of Catan, Ticket To Ride and Carcassonne
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]If you want to play......

Why bother with board games when you've got a user name like yours?

;o)