Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carling Cup semi's, for those interested

both called off already according to talksport.

Sky apparently now showing Stoke v Fulham tonight instead (weather permitting)

Wasn't the Manc derby tomorrow night?, called off early!

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]both called off already according to talksport.

Called off early as they had to think about all those poor Man U fans travelling from Plymouth etc.
  • Options
    what are the odds our game on saturday v Hartlepool will be off - just seen a severe weather warning for heavy snow for London & s/east from tonight until at least thursday and maybe all the way to the weekend.

The pitch maybe covered but the sorrounding areas could be very tricky after 3 days of snow - I reckon it'll be off
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]both called off already according to talksport.

It's not the pitch it's the surrounding areas thats the problem.
  • Options
    Eastlands is a pig to get to at the best of times, and most of the public transport in Manchester is off the road at the moment
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]what are the odds our game on saturday v Hartlepool will be off - just seen a severe weather warning for heavy snow for London & s/east from tonight until at least thursday and maybe all the way to the weekend.

The pitch maybe covered but the sorrounding areas could be very tricky after 3 days of snow - I reckon it'll be off

At this rate, Sodje will still be banned at Easter!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]what are the odds our game on saturday v Hartlepool will be off - just seen a severe weather warning for heavy snow for London & s/east from tonight until at least thursday and maybe all the way to the weekend.

I hope not but i think your right if the so called best clubs in the world cant even be bothered to pull their fingures out and make the games go ahead what makes anyone think we will cos we wont.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]I hope not but i think your right if the so called best clubs in the world cant even be bothered to pull their fingures out and make the games go ahead what makes anyone think we will cos we wont.
    Are you being serious?

The same groundstaff at our club who were up at the crack of dawn on New Years Day to prepare the pitch, lay covers etc in anticipation of this week's weather.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]

I hope not but i think your right if the so called best clubs in the world cant even be bothered to pull their fingures out and make the games go ahead what makes anyone think we will cos we wont.

I didn't realise Man City were responsible for the city's transport network. The airport is closed, roads are a nightmare, schools are shut.
    Explain how they're not pulling their fingers out?
  • Options
    Well i think the whole country should pull their fingures out not just the football clubs if the French can run their country fine with a bit of snow why do we shut down. I garentee you JFK airport is probly burried in snow atm but the planes will still run on just as an effcient service. I mean we are notorious for not coping with snow needs to be sorted i feel. It would be my first thing to address when i become PM :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Well i think the whole country should pull their fingures out not just the football clubs if the French can run their country fine with a bit of snow why do we shut down. I garentee you JFK airport is probly burried in snow atm but the planes will still run on just as an effcient service. I mean we are notorious for not coping with snow needs to be sorted i feel. It would be my first thing to address when i become PM :-)

The government probably thought they'd never have to worry about snow again what with all the world summits and crap we hear about global warming!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone got an idea to whether the Arsenal match may be called off tomorrow?
  • Options
    Got to be a fair chance of our game being called off this Saturday.

Heavy snow forecast for tomorrow then more snow, albeit lighter, for the rest of the week.
  • Options
    If you think France has been the shining example, you should have been in Northern France around Christmas, the place was like London on a cold day, a shambles
  • Options
    Yea Chris your probly right mate it just winds me up allot as a country as great as England has few faults but not being able to handle snow is just pathetic especially if somewere as shitty as France can handle it :-).
  • Options
    I didn't notice that the country had"shut down".

People are still going to work and transport is still running. Yes some areas are bad but not the whole country.

Silly to compare UK with the likes of Russia or Canada where they have heavy snow every winter. We don't.

Boring same old "lets bash England and pretend everything abroad is wonderful" especially, as Rothko says, those places have plenty of their own problems. It's just that we don't hear about them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Well i think the whole country should pull their fingures out not just the football clubs if the French can run their country fine with a bit of snow why do we shut down. I garentee you JFK airport is probly burried in snow atm but the planes will still run on just as an effcient service. I mean we are notorious for not coping with snow needs to be sorted i feel. It would be my first thing to address when i become PM :-)
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Yea Chris your probly right mate it just winds me up allot as a country as great as England has few faults but not being able to handle snow is just pathetic especially if somewere as shitty as France can handle it :-).

People would moan if the government bought all the machinery to clear the roads of snow and then it didn't snow for the next 10 years. In Chicago/New York they know they'll get several feet of snow every year, so the expenditure is worth it since the equipment will be used every winter. Hardly comparible to the weather in the UK.
  • Options
    True comparing the UK to those places is silly fair enough. It just annoys me how toss we are at dealing with snow. I was not bashing England as i personally think this country is the best to live in by a long way and compared to abroad we are leagues ahead i just wish we were better at dealing with snow.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]

Unreal. If the roads are not accessable, how are the games supposed to be played?