Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

F**k ME!!!!

I have just come back from work and parked up, gone upstairs to which someone buzzed the office and said someones a3 is just rolled outside :-O

Shock that was mine so as soon as i was told darted it downstairs went outside and my car had stopped about 2ft from a car opposite, how i dont know has the slightest slope which goes up but still comes of a steeper slope so dont know how it has stopped! although not complaining lol

spoke to ppl who saw it said they thought it was going to smash straight into the car opposite and dont know how it stopped, apparentally i forgot to put my handbrake on what a dick!

sorry thought i would share with lifers and i am so grateful i still have a car :-)

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite] apparentally i forgot to put my handbrake on

I don't think there's an 'apparently' about it.

You didn't put your handbrake on - FACT!
  • Options
    Lucky bugger lol.
  • Options
    How on earth have you managed to do that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]How on earth have you managed to do that.
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]apparentally i forgot to put my handbrake on

I don't think there's an 'apparently' about it.

You didn't put your handbrake on - FACT!

i know fact is' didnt put handbrake on' but how i did i dont know, also wonder why it didnt just go straight away instead wait 30secs for me to go upstairs but dont know what i would have done if i did see it, maybe cry!
  • Options
    Mate

You should not have told a living soul who did not witness that. The people who saw know and that is too many, and now you have told a message board of people you forget to pull the handbrake up when you parked up.
  • Options
    Are you a woman? Only a woman driver would do something that silly :-p
  • Options
    Am I the only old school driver who leaves his car in gear when parked?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Am I the only old school driver who leaves his car in gear when parked?
    i do this!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Am I the only old school driver who leaves his car in gear when parked?
    i do this!
    Me too. Brake cables can stretch so I've never taken the risk of relying on just the hand brake.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: better red than dead[/cite]
    i do this!
    Me too. Brake cables can stretch so I've never taken the risk of relying on just the hand brake.

The main issue is that brake drums/discs expand when they are hot so when you put on the handbrake its holding, but as they cool the drums/discs shrink and then you have problems.;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Mate

You should not have told a living soul who did not witness that. The people who saw know and that is too many, and now you have told a message board of people you forget to pull the handbrake up when you parked up.

I know but thought it was a relief and i was so pleased, ppl who know me know i dont mind a bit of stick so not fussed about that, but its once i have not pulled up the handbrake i dont generally do it and i dont leave it in gear like some, would that make a difference?
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Are you a woman? Only a woman driver would do something that silly :-p

evidentally not! but nice light hearted joke there
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: better red than dead[/cite]
    i do this!

The main issue is that brake drums/discs expand when they are hot so when you put on the handbrake its holding, but as they cool the drums/discs shrink and then you have problems.;)

dont think it was that if i am reading it right, car only 08 so would not be a fault with the handbrake or brakes, just on this occasion i havent put handbrake on although unsure why i wouldnt do this and why it has taken 30secs to role maybe not on enough who knows
  • Options
    It matters not if the car is a day old or 30 years old, brakes heat up when they get used, and expand, when they cool they contract. Leave the thing in gear if you are on an incline, I'm slightly worried one day you will park near me though, having left your motor in gear, then start the thing forgetting you left it in gear and slam into my motor.

You really should not of told anyone though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]It matters not if the car is a day old or 30 years old, brakes heat up when they get used, and expand, when they cool they contract. Leave the thing in gear if you are on an incline, I'm slightly worried one day you will park near me though, having left your motor in gear, then start the thing forgetting you left it in gear and slam into my motor.

lol dont bother me by posting but i can see your point, yes as you can tell im not the most car handy person so reading TCE post thought was saying could be a fault in car. i will take note if it helps i will start leaving the car in gear and i doubt i will forget, although i did forget to put the handbrake up which i cant explain how as i have been driving for nearly 5 years now and am a very capable driver but you live and learn
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]It matters not if the car is a day old or 30 years old, brakes heat up when they get used, and expand, when they cool they contract. Leave the thing in gear if you are on an incline, I'm slightly worried one day you will park near me though, having left your motor in gear, then start the thing forgetting you left it in gear and slam into my motor.

lol dont bother me by posting but i can see your point, yes as you can tell im not the most car handy person so reading TCE post thought was saying could be a fault in car. i will take note if it helps i will start leaving the car in gear and i doubt i will forget, although i did forget to put the handbrake up which i cant explain how as i have been driving for nearly 5 years now and am a very capable driver but you live and learn

No fault with the car JB, the guy who lives opposite me drove home and busting for a pi55 shot straight indoors thinking he had a applied the handbrake. In fact it was one or two notches from the top, on cooling down the car took off down the hill and unfortunatly there was no one parked imediately in front of him so the car picked up a steady trot before coming abruptly to a stop in the back of a Megane soft top, his car would have been 8 months old at the time. He always parks up now with the wheels turned towards the kerb :)
  • Options
    Leaving the car in gear drives me crazy. Everytime I turn the car on it stalls where someone has left the car in gear1
  • Options
    do you not check it's in neutral before you turn the key? Or depress the clutch on starting, which saves battery power anyway.
  • Options
    Just blame it on the time of the month...well that's what I do!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: IdleHans[/cite]do you not check it's in neutral before you turn the key? Or depress the clutch on starting, which saves battery power anyway.[/quote]

Hmmm...me thinks that the pressure on the flywheel from the clutch release bearing would be well in excess of the slight drag of an idling first motion shaft in the gearbox...
  • Options
    haha if only it was that simple :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jesus

Forget to turn the handbrake on, forget to check the car is in gear. You lot would lose your bollocks if they weren't in a bag in your y-fronts
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]Leaving the car in gear drives me crazy. Everytime I turn the car on it stalls where someone has left the car in gear1

Stop stealing cars then ;-)