Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• The Valley, home of Charlton Athletic in the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
  • Come to think of it, I was born in the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
  • So was I!
    Any perks connected with this?
  • So not a People's Republic anymore : - )

As someone born and bred in the Borough I'm quite proud about that news and I'm not even a royalist.

Will we need to change our nickname to The Royals or even the Club name to Real Charlton?
  • [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]So was I!
    Any perks connected with this?

We can raise our own Militia and are allowed to refuse entry to residents of Lewisham (which is obviously a good idea anyway)

We can also put a Crown on the Club badge.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]We can also put a Crown on the Club badge.

And a cardie.

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]We can also put a Crown on the Club badge.

And a cardie.

;o)

I know you see me as a better, more important personthan yourself and I am flattered but I'm only a Knight of the Realm not Royalty ; - )
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Come to think of it, I was born in the Royal Borough of Greenwich.

I was born in the Metropolitan Borough of Woolwich and we are looking to restore our historic independence from Greenwich and reclaim Woolwich Town Hall from Greenwich.

Indepnedence for Woolwich!
  • [cite]Posted By: JorgeCosta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Come to think of it, I was born in the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
    I was born in the Metropolitan Borough of Woolwich and we are looking to restore our historic independence from Greenwich and reclaim Woolwich Town Hall from Greenwich.

Well in that case, having being born at St Nicks in Plumstead, makes me Metropolitan Borough of Woolwich.
    Viva la libertie!
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I know you see me as a better, more important personthan yourself and I am flattered but I'm only a Knight of the Realm not Royalty ; - )

Actually, Henry .... I see you merely as a very long person who wears a cardie.
    Sorry!

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JorgeCosta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Come to think of it, I was born in the Royal Borough of Greenwich.

Well in that case, having being born at St Nicks in Plumstead, makes me Metropolitan Borough of Woolwich.
    Viva la libertie!

They've tried to airbrush out of history. When I registered my daughter's birth the registrar asked for my place of birth - so I told him Woolwich - which came back as Woolwich, Greenwich. I said that when I was born Woolwich was in the Borough of Woolwich so the certificate was wrong but he said not according to the official computer.
  • I was born in Peckham.....What does that make me, a royalist or revolutionary??
  • I have vommited and partook in gynaecology lessons many a time in the car park behind Stars within the Royal Borough of Greenwich. Even way back then I always knew that I had more Class in my little..................................toe than in the entire House of Windsor.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafckev[/cite]I was born in Peckham.....What does that make me, a royalist or revolutionary??

Just a mere serf to the royally connected I do believe.
  • Very nice, I take it there aren't any royal boroughs north of the river?
  • If anyone wants to buy royalgreenwich.com or royalgreenwich.co.uk from me then let me know...

BDL gets 10%.
  • edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]If anyone wants to buy royalgreenwich.com or royalgreenwich.co.uk from me then let me know...

BDL gets 10%.
    I bet you actually *have* registered them eh. . . .
  • so i'll be working for, and living in, a royal, inner london borough.
    i bet my payslip still says 'outer london weighting allowance'.
  • He has, that Villa in the Caribbean is looking oh so good!
  • Royal borough my arse. Anyone been there lately, football aside? More like the 'illegal immigrant, borough of Greenwich. Good luck with living there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Does this mean our team will now play in Orange and 'Rule Britannia' will replace the Red Red Robin??
  • [cite]Posted By: cafckev[/cite]I was born in Peckham.....What does that make me, a royalist or revolutionary??

A Millwall supporter .... ?

Just kidding ;o)
  • edited January 2010
    Jorge ---woolwich is an indipendant borough of Mogadishu mate, has been for about 8 years didnt you know ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Jorge ---woolwich is an indipendant borough of Mogadishu mate, has been for about 8 years didnt you know ?

LOL! I thought it was being run by former KGB men turned east European gangsters.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Jorge ---woolwich is an indipendant borough of Mogadishu mate, has been for about 8 years didnt you know ?[/quote]

Lol