Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oyester Pay as You Go

edited January 2010 in Not Sports Related
I don't normally come into London by train but used my Oyster PAYG this morning. I should be going back to New Eltham (i.e. a return) but if the Hither Green problem persists, I'll go back to Eltham and get the bus. Will this be more/less/or the same as a return plus bus fare?

Comments

• Options
    I didnt think you could use Pay as you go on National rail?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I didnt think you could use Pay as you go on National rail?

As from the 2nd Jan I think you can.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I didnt think you could use Pay as you go on National rail?

You can as of this year - I've finally bought one as I can use it on trips to The Valley now.
  • Options
    You pay for a ticket to the Valley??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]You pay for a ticket to the Valley??

Umm...Am I missing something here?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]You pay for a ticket to the Valley??

Umm...Am I missing something here?
    I think that was suposed to be for Gary and his "free rides" on the train...

Jorge - It should be the same price as going to New Eltham because the National Rail fares are zonal just like the Underground (& they're in the same zone).
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite][li id=Comment_607615]I don't normally come into London by train but used my Oyster PAYG this morning. I should be going back to New Eltham (i.e. a return) but if the Hither Green problem persists, I'll go back to Eltham and get the bus. Will this be more/less/or the same as a return plus bus fare?[/li]

Bonkers system though, where I am I have to go out of London and back in by train to get to the Valley (Bexley > Dartford > Charlton). That's an £8 return for a schoolboy absolutely ridiculous and put me off getting a half-season ticket after my shoulder injuries put me out of playing for the rest of the season!
  • Options
    How did I get quoted in that?

Anyway, no Jolly, you don't - there's a loop train that runs down the Sidcup line & basically turns left just after Crayford and comes up the Woolwich line.
  • Options
    Yeah they've finally realised to put trains direct from New Eltham to Charlton, thank god.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Yeah they've finally realised to put trains direct from New Eltham to Charlton, thank god.
    They've been running for at least 2 years...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not quite sure, the whole system went psycho on me and my attempts to resolve the problem failed!

Anywho I'll have to look into that (also I moan but there is a bus that goes over Shooters Hill towards Blackheath which stops literally right next to where we park when we go to matches and I get free bus travel)!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Yeah they've finally realised to put trains direct from New Eltham to Charlton, thank god.
    They've been running for at least 2 years...

Yeah but not as regular, now its every half hour, never used to be, well I dont think anyway