Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ian Dowie

Comments

• Options
    It really is an incredible decision. And by incredible, I mean it's such an unfathomable decision that I can't quite believe they've done it.
  • Options
    When they ruled out Curbishley, was that because he didn't want the job, or they didn't rate him?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]When they ruled out Curbishley, was that because he didn't want the job, or they didn't rate him?

I think I heard on the radio that he ruled himself out. He's a fussy so and so, isn't he? ;-)

I imagine the Powerpoint should have been called : " Hurtling Hull to Oblivion..."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]When they ruled out Curbishley, was that because he didn't want the job, or they didn't rate him?

I think I heard on the radio that he ruled himself out. He's a fussy so and so, isn't he? ;-)

I imagine the Powerpoint should have been called : " Hurtling Hull to Oblivion..."

Pearson also tried to claim that Curbishley wouldn't be suitable for the job- citing that he'd need more time than they had. I guess it did take him a while to sort West Ham out, but I don't think anyone could make a solid argument for Dowie being a better candidate.
  • Options
    As with the Newcastle job Dowie is cheap and available - and that's for a very good reason.
  • Options
    tbf, Dowie's biggest weakness is in the transfer market, so at least, for Hull's sake, he hasn't got a window to play around in.

They've got a run of winabble fixtures, and as long as he's learnt his lesson from us and doesn't take the piss with regards to his brother and not going to training, I think he will keep them up.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Dowie 1 promotion to Prem 3 relegations... never survived + sacked 3+ times
    Curbishley 2 promotions to Prem (1 with no money and 1 funded by sale of 1 £4M player) 1 relegation + 1 saving West Ham + 9(?) years success in the Prem... never sacked and won big fat compo

Really tricky choice if both were up for it but I doubt it... think Curbishley still biding his time... maybe back at West Ham sometime?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]What will the Power Point presentation be called?

"Taming The Tigers"

It'll be 'Transforming The Tigers".

We sat behind Dowie and his brother Bob (who?) at the Chievo pre-season game a few years back.

Dowie's notes on El Karkouri ...."Quick, two-footed."

I'm sure that piece of insight proved vital when Palace came to play us a few months later.

Wonder if he'll still be in charge when we play Hull City at The Valley next season?
  • Options
    feel a bit sorry for hull as they are always going to be a small club relying on staying up to keep living the dream. if they go down i fear for them as we have found out there is no 'big' club allowance in any division these days. i know norwich and leeds are going a bit too well but clubs like colchester and swindon are turning in good performances over a season to be in with a shout.

sorry hull but i want you to go down now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]tbf, Dowie's biggest weakness is in the transfer market, so at least, for Hull's sake, he hasn't got a window to play around in.

Arguably Dowie's biggest weakness (God knows, he has a few) is that he thinks he can apply business management gobbledygook to managing a football team. Who can forget the wonderful picture which the OS published of Dowie's pre-season classroom session showing the PowerPoint slide which went something like this:

T eam work
    R espect - for your team-mates, for the fans and for yourselves
    U nity - Together we succeed. Divided we fall
    S etc etc
    T etc etc

Heaven knows what Bent, Hasselbaink and team-mates (colleagues? peer group?) made of all that.

Also, it might be interesting to see how much of Dowie's opening salvo from the summer of 2006 re-appears in the next few days on the banks of the Humber.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=29491&newstype=x
  • Options
    Speechless...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    At least he was at the Preston v Sheff Wednesday which will stand him in good stead for Championship games next year.

Has the Hull Chairmen gone totally mad.

Palace relegated( only promoted because of Andy Johnson)
    Charlton 12million up the wall
    QPR- Nothing
    Coventry Nothing
    Newcastle Relegated ( now that really takes some doing with the squad they had)

They are doomed for sure

They might just as well have appointed Nick Barmby who does clearly care about the club.
  • Options
    May be he'll re-sign Super Brian Hughes to save them...
  • Options
    I think we need some new dowieisms. Bouncebackability, above, made me spit my beer.

"Droplikeastoneability"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IdleHans[/cite]I think we need some new dowieisms. Bouncebackability, above, made me spit my beer.

"Droplikeastoneability"

"Oneborneveryminuteness"

"Desperationchairmangullibility"

"Strawclutchingblindoptimisticness"
  • Options
    Whointheirrightmindwouldemploythisuselesstwat......
  • Options
    It might just be that I've had more beer, but those are brilliant!

"confidentofavoidingasecondconsecutiverelegationicity"
  • Options
    "SlightlymoreconvenientforgettinghometomyfamilyinOldhambutnotthatmuchreallyopportunism"
  • Options
    He'll probably save Hull from relegation and then lead them to the Premiership title next season just to spite us all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2010
    The conspiracy is that Hull City made a deal with the man downstairs that would entitle them to two years at the top. Pearson knows that Hull's tenure in the top flight is nearly up now and just needed to appoint the right man to absolutely assure relegation was in no doubt whatsoever. Dowie was the result of that pact. Alternative stories say that it is in fact Dowie who has made a deal with the devil to eternally assure that a)He remains forever 45 and b) he is constantly employed in football management despite being truly clueless at it. Staggering, that man is not fit to sell rip off merchandise outside a football ground let alone being let inside one! Poor poor Hull fan's!
  • Options
    You would think that some Chairman would wise up!

I suppose with Pompey deducted 10 points it is just two others, desperate act IMO
  • Options
    Well he did want to move back up north.
  • Options
    The Daily Mash's Take on Hull Appointment
    Hull fan Charlie Reeves said: "While I'd like to think that we still don't know how the season will end, hiring Dowie is like Bruce Willis turning to the camera an hour into The Sixth Sense and saying 'I'm a ghost, you know'. We're totally f**king Portsmouthed."

*awaits swearing ban*
  • Options
    "notmuchability"
  • Options
    Wish i could find the work Dowie does,ie work for 7weeks a year then rest up until March 2011.Whoisthewiseone.
  • Options
    It's all part of a conspiracy I tell thee:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/hull-chairman-to-set-fire-to-stadium-201003182572/
  • Options
    Caption on today's Football Focus:
    "Iain Dowie
    Football Management Consultant"

What the hell???
  • Options
    '......what we're trying to do here'

That's what Dowie used to say at Charlton.

So what is he trying to do at Hull?
  • Options
    "I am not a gamble," he said. "Look at my record, it stands up."

Stands up where exactly Iain?