Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

wootoon bassett Muslim protest-let it happen

They should be allowed their day. We are a democracy after all and they will just look stupid when a dozen of their finest walk up a silent street they will realise their mistake. Let them do it, it will show our tolerance compared to their intolerance. The contrast would be striking. If Muslims want to support them by the thousand, let them, it will flush out their true feelings. Don't go and start a ruck, let them do it and they will have two outcomes:

1 many Muslims will join their brothers and the rest of the population will be able to make their minds up about their commitment to a democracy and treat them accordingly in the future, or

2 the hot heads will be alone with hundreds of police and be shown to have no real voice within their community and be shunned and fade away.

Their choice, let them do it, if they want a ruck, they can have it with OB, but we need to force the hand of the Muslim majority who are never heard.

If they bring thousands then we know what we are dealing with and can work on dealing with that.

Dare them to do it!

Comments

• Options
    Wiltshire Islamic Cultural Centre has learned today that Islam4UK, a group affiliated with the extremist group Al-Muhajiroon is planning a march in the market town of Wootton Bassett, because of the part it plays in the repatriation of Britain’s fallen service personnel.

We, along with all other Muslim community groups in Wiltshire and the surrounding area, including Bath Islamic Society and Swindon Thamesdown Islamic Association, unreservedly condemn this march and call on the organisers, Islam4UK to not go ahead with it in the interests of public safety and the Muslims they claim to represent as well as to respect the rights of the people of Wootton Bassett and Wiltshire.

We will hold Anjem Choudary and Al-Muhajiroon responsible for any backlash against any Muslim in Wiltshire or elsewhere as a result of their proposed irresponsible and irrational actions and any insecurity brought upon the majority peaceful Muslim population.

The media will no doubt grossly over-react, as usual to such a protest, whether it is peaceful or otherwise, giving the impression that all Muslims follow this tiny minority of extremists.

Therefore we are putting the record straight and letting the media and general public know that the vast majority of Muslims have nothing to do with this group who are upon the methodology of the deviant sect known as the Khawaarij. The Khawaarij were historically the first sect to bring insecurity upon the Muslims, right after the time of the Prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessings be upon him) and even killed some of the close companions of the Prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessings be upon him).

We strongly request Wiltshire Police to ban the proposed march in the interests of public order, public safety and community cohesion.

We have also received the full support of the Call to Islam Centre, Bury Park, Luton who have stated that they would be willing to come to Wootton Bassett with a large gathering to peacefully counter demonstrate against Islam4UK/Al-Muhajiroon, should the march be permitted to go ahead. The Centre in Luton successfully ran the extremists off the streets last year after a similar march in Luton, which led to right wing extremists firebombing the Centre.
  • Options
    No, dont let them. I veiw them them the same as I do the BNP, scum
  • Options
    Keston, you are not getting it. A huge backlash against them from the muslum (I use this spelling as I am fed up with predict text giving it a capital M but not when I type christian) majority who say they hate them and disagree with all they stand for but are never heard. Let them do it and see where their loyalties lie.
  • Options
    Interesting point of view Steve.
  • Options
    Agree with you Steve. Freedom of speech has to be extended to everyone, regardless of how repugnant their views are. (As long as they are not advocating violence or harm to others.)
  • Options
    They should be allowed to show what they are. I think I know what that is. But their bluff should be called. They are a bunch of unemployed and socially inadequate fat sad twats, living off the benefit system who embarrass their religion and despite the smug grins on their faces should be exposed for what they are. As rothko pointed out, they are an embarrassment to muslums in this country and should be allowed to show themselves up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Keston, you are not getting it. A huge backlash against them from the muslum (I use this spelling as I am fed up with predict text giving it a capital M but not when I type christian) majority who say they hate them and disagree with all they stand for but are never heard. Let them do it and see where their loyalties lie.

When you say they are never heard - you are aware as Rothko has pointed out - that many Islamic people object to extremists hijacking their religion. However your perspective has become grist to the mill for the Daily Mail types who believe that muslims are extremists so I can see you make the error.

A bit like Millwall fans being representative of all football fans.
  • Options
    But isn't this to protest against the number of innocent dead resulting from the Afghan/Iraq conflicts, who never get any press in this country, compared to the British soldiers who have chosen to go and fight there?

I can kind of see their point. It's a protest against the war, not a religious protest. It is just being arranged by Muslims. Do I have this right? If so, then I am supportive of the idea in theory at least.
  • Options
    Si, you just don't get it do you?

BFR I expected nothing less from you, what is your daily mail obsession and can you run a thread each day to keep us informed on what your paper says each day as I haven't a clue what you are on about. Why bring millwall into it as well?
  • Options
    I have to say I'm pretty disgusted with some of this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Keston, you are not getting it. A huge backlash against them from the muslum (I use this spelling as I am fed up with predict text giving it a capital M but not when I type christian) majority who say they hate them and disagree with all they stand for but are never heard. Let them do it and see where their loyalties lie.

No, I am getting it. Thats my opinion, they disgust me.
    I dont believe they should be able voice their twisted version of islam anywhere.
    Religion, the sooner we ban that the better.(IMO)
  • Options
    the problem is if you let them march it will cause a riot as all though i understand your pointr about letting them doing it there will only be one outcome .

i am totally bemused how this man can be allowed to reside on this planet let alone this country

why chose wooton basset why not chose bethnal green and march along side georgie boy.

all sensible muslims are outraged at this fools behaviour,
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Si, you just don't get it do you?

BFR I expected nothing less from you, what is your daily mail obsession and can you run a thread each day to keep us informed on what your paper says each day as I haven't a clue what you are on about. Why bring millwall into it as well?

Ironic that you are demanding that some people should be allowed to go on this march to further democracy but don't like anyone dissenting from your opinion.

Unfortunately you are parroting the Daily Mail line that one muslim is like every other muslim, as I suggest, go back and read Rothko's post again and you'll see that many Islamic people oppose the march and Islamic extremists. However from your post you'd think that this is a process yet to happen...leading me to think that you are getting your opinions from a narrow view and yours is sadly the same as espoused by the likes of the Daily Mail. Maybe I'm making an assumption here, but the same assumption that you are making about the uniformity of Islamic thought...

Still it's a free country and if we allow extremists like you to rant away then everyone can see the illogicality in your thinking.
  • Options
    What do the majority of Muslims think?

You really wouldn't like to know, and it would make most wishful thinkers simply put their head in the sand. I was shocked out of my multicultural leftist complacency by a very rude awakening following an incident where I had to interview a new Muslim immigrant who told me about how shocked she was by the attitudes of those in her community compared to the Turkish community she had previously lived in in Germany. She had been victimised for the mortal sin of having a white mother (who had, of course, converted to Islam prior to marrying her father - not that it made any differences to her father's family, who disowned their son anyway). The names they called her were unbelievable. But apparently, this was nothing compared to the contempt in which they held their indigenous neighbours. One phrase stuck in my mind 'why do they hate you (the British) so much?' she asked me. I did not know what to say and in that moment, my belief in the great multicultural experiment that is urban Britain started to die. It is now six feet underground.

This has been confirmed by subsequent experiences (too numerous to mention). Of course, not every Muslim is like this (I know some lovely people who happen to be Muslims). But unfortunately, it seems that the majority appear to be. It's in the Koran and non-negotiable as far as I can make out. The only hope is that the younger generations will reject the religion and the inbuilt facism and misogyny (for there is no other way to describe it) which it entails. Thankfully, some of them appear to be doing just that, but they are under considerable pressure from their community to conform. This sometimes becomes intimidation, but then that is another bunch of experiences that I would have to relate and it's just too depressing, so I have to stop now.

As for the march... well we are a democracy. As much as it sickens me, we must let them march. In peace.
  • Options
    I can hear the torpedos being loaded as I type .........
  • Options
    They have called for the march in order to make trouble, and to hijack what had organically grown as a town's attempt to manifest the feelings of many.
    i would love them to march to packed and silent streets, and as the head of the march passes, people pointedly and silently turn their backs on the marchers. Visually it would be effective, and as a symbolic act, the fact that we tolerate freedom of protest, but can deal with it with dignity, would resonate widely. The picture of silent rejection would endure for years too....remember tank man for example?
    Let them parade and shout, and receive them with studied silence and indifference.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I can hear the torpedos being loaded as I type .........

Man the life boats - she's going down!!!
  • Options
    Why are they even in this country? Toss them and their families back to Pakistan and they can march all they want.
  • Options
    Easy one for me, let them march but no newspaper or TV's bother to cover it, no one turn up to watch it and then it will have been a pointless (albeit domocratic) activity. The shame is that our papers will zoom into the 10 people that turn up to make it look like a big crowd, it will be all over the news, it will be discussed in Parliament (already the Prime Minister is talking about it) and it will even get onto more unlikely websites such as Charlton Life. This is my only post or comment on the subject which I will now have a self imposed "Valleyman" blackout on!
  • Options
    There are plenty of things in the bible that are less than edifying, but surely we know better than to judge the whole religion because of a few bits here and there that don't fit in with the Human Rights directive, or do we castigate christianity because of something, like the koran, written hundreds of years ago.

You might equally call into question the catholic church's refusal to expel padeophile priests, or their stance that contraception is wrong, despite aids being rife - to them the wearing of a condom is a mortal crime. Then there are xtians who firebomb abortion clinics and shoot abortionists. We also have in Bush and Blair, two of the ringleaders of the Iraq invasion, the notion that it was acceptable to lie about the reasons for the invasion and in the process kill a million or so Iraqi's. Both claim to be christian and presumably to take their inspiration from the bible.

The fault isn't in islam or xtianity per se, but in putting too much faith in invsible friends in the sky.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BFR, go back and read my post where I say rothko is spot on. As I say, they expose themselves as tools and should be allowed to do so without any support of the muslum majority. But as you are a daily mail reader it is probably beyond your comprehension.

Let them show what they are and whether they have support in their community or not!

WB is the last place they should do this but if they want to, let them, who will look bad from this? They throw out immflamatory statements with no regard for what might happen as they know they won't be allowed to follow them through, let them. Don't turn up to fight them, let them look sad, the fighting will not be required.

If they want to fight we could fly them to Afghanistan if they really want it, plenty of our boys waiting for them to show their themselves.
  • Options
    I think it was Trotsky who once said 'tolerance is one step from indifference'. We are very tolerant in this country, and rightly so, but the problem is that some extreme religious groups will use our tolerance and democracy against us. I really feel that we are currently sleep walking into a nightmare in this country. I am no racist and have several muslim friends, who moved here to enjoy the freedoms and tolerance which we take for granted. They fled from overly restrictive, and dare I say it, backward muslim cultures, where women can still be beaten and gays can be stoned. I defend their right to be here, but together with the rest of peace loving muslim majority, we must defend our freedom against these extremists.
  • Options
    If any good has come out of this whole sorry affair it is that "moderate" Muslims have come out of the woodwork to condemn this nutter.

As to the issue at hand I just wonder how many of those suggesting this guy be allowed to march through Wootton Bassett would also allow a BNP march through areas like Brick Lane or Luton?
  • Options
    well im sure those good old Unite Against facist types will be out there stoping these Muslim Facists from marching wont they ? i mean they will wont they ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]BFR, go back and read my post where I say rothko is spot on. As I say, they expose themselves as tools and should be allowed to do so without any support of the muslum majority. But as you are a daily mail reader it is probably beyond your comprehension.

Let them show what they are and whether they have support in their community or not!

WB is the last place they should do this but if they want to, let them, who will look bad from this? They throw out immflamatory statements with no regard for what might happen as they know they won't be allowed to follow them through, let them. Don't turn up to fight them, let them look sad, the fighting will not be required.

But you didn't say that in your original post did you - perhaps you should go back and read it?

Unfortunately the real winners from this march won't be peace and understanding - you've already demonstrated that you do not appreciate the schism in Islam that extremists cause.

Similarly I'd be a lot more comforted when rightwing trolls take time out to question the why's and wherefore's of our little jaunt into Mesopotamia and the damage that's done and perhaps extend some thought into why some sections of the islamic community might not see 100% eye-to-eye with British neo-colonialism. Or perhaps why we as a nation persist in excusing every act of Israeli land theft on the West Bank.
  • Options
    It is illegal to have a march isn't it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]It is illegal to have a march isn't it?

Only in the vicinity of the Houses of Parliament. Everywhere else you need only complete a few forms and agree to behave.

We even let that Countryside Alliance rabble march in London.
  • Options
    neo colonialism !! it peoples right to protest in this country because our forefathers died for that right. If they dont(and many dont) agree with us being in Afganistan then protest. marching through WB is as big an insult at Mosely marching through the Jewish part of the east end.

if there is a
    schism in Islam what the f**k has it got to do with the UK and its people ? if they want to kick off about it f**k off to the empty part of Saudi and do a last man stands. (couldnt be a last woman as they are all locked up wearing burkas and not allowed to have a job/education etc).
  • Options
    If it does go ahead, then the people that do not agree with it should turn up to counter it and not stay indoors moaning about it.
  • Options
    and why did this get sunk? is this not a discussion forum any more?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!