Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sidcup's Finest!

My next door neighbour is just 5 weeks away from competing at the Winter Olympic games, yes he is representing Canada but he was born in the Queen Mary's hospital at Sidcup & is therefore by birth a Charlton Athletic fan!!

If the club can organise a small package of winter type gear - beanie hat, scarves, gloves etc - I will pass onto George so he can wear it around the Olmypics with pride & represent his hometown club!!.

If Airman or anyone else is reading this - get in touch!!

Possible Sidcup medallist!!

Comments

• Options
    Why not contact just the club direct?
  • Options
    I'm disappointed - thought this was going to be a thread about Jonathan Acworth :(
  • Options
    A friend of mine does a lot of Charity work. She writes to many football clubs for signed donations.

Its a shame, but Charlton (although very kindly) only gave a signed sheet of paper. When she asked someone in the know at the club about a signed shirt, she was told that they couldn't afford it!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafckev[/cite]A friend of mine does a lot of Charity work. She writes to many football clubs for signed donations.

Its a shame, but Charlton (although very kindly) only gave a signed sheet of paper. When she asked someone in the know at the club about a signed shirt, she was told that they couldn't afford it!!

I know for a fact that the club gets hundreds of enquiries like this per month and can't afford to give shirts, and other merchandise away to everyone. They take into consideration the locality of the charity in question or the relation to CAFC and then provide whatever they can.

They already do a lot for their own charity arm (CACT) and donate an awful lot of time and items to charity. the signed sheet of the team when framed is an awesome gift that any charlton or even possible football fan would be pleased to receive and if she received one then i guess she should be grateful as there are plenty of clubs that either don't reply or just say no to all requests.

Oakster - if I were you I'd email richard.willgoss@cafc.co.uk explaining the reasons behind the request but i'm not sure how successful you'll be as its not directly helping a charity of any sort and there is not really any reason as to why he can't order a hat himself and wear it. more likely to get a story about him in the programme or on the website.
  • Options
    I've got a "Montreal is the only place where a good French accent isn't a social asset" T Shirt he can have.
  • Options
    My comments were not an attack on the club, just pointing out the money sisuation at our club at the moment. Besides, I'd be very happy to win the signed paper, and Im going all out to win it too....I bought two lines of tickets :o)
  • Options
    Oakster, Is you neighbour actually a Charlton fan who goes to The Valley?
  • Options
    Oakster, is your mate gonna wear a Charlton hat Monday?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Oakster, is your mate gonna wear a Charlton hat Monday?

No but watch out for him, George Grey - born Sidcup - 2 of the guys who I play football with are also competing in the Cross Country - Ivan Babikov & Stefan Kuhn - it takes it to a whole new level when you have mates competing at the Olympics!
  • Options
    Will keep tabs mate, you going to watch them?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Will keep tabs mate, you going to watch them?

Sadly not, heard it is impossible to get hotel accommodation in Whistler for the next couple of weeks. Real shame as I love the place, did a whole season there about 8 years ago!
  • Options
    Bunk in with them!

The village looked really good.