Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Those wanting football tomorrow

You could go to palace, to help them in their hour of need.

Comments

• Options
    I was thinking last night, even if it drops to minus 50 and the pitch turns to concrete, there is no way they will call their game off tomorrow !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I was thinking last night, even if it drops to minus 50 and the pitch turns to concrete, there is no way they will call their game off tomorrow !

I had the same thought.
  • Options
    Can see the Orange tossers wheeling out his sunbeds on to the pitch to defrostit.,
  • Options
    They are broke but have bought or hired extra covers and heaters to get the game on.

Would be funny if the police or Ref says no.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]They are broke but have bought or hired extra covers and heaters to get the game on.

Would be funny if the police or Ref says no.

fingers crossed then ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I was thinking last night, even if it drops to minus 50 and the pitch turns to concrete, there is no way they will call their game off tomorrow !

I had the same thought.

I'm assuming this is because they need the money but how much will a crowd of about 11 or 12k bring them
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

I had the same thought.

I'm assuming this is because they need the money but how much will a crowd of about 11 or 12k bring them

Hard to say.

Take away 7/8 Season ticket holders (which is likely to be a high figure plus comps) leaves maybe 2 - 4 k people paying on the day plus programme sales. Palace have already sold their catering to someone else so no money there. For comparison Charlton's home walk up is normally 3k+ but we have a higher ST base.

Will depend on how many City bring and the weather which is bound to effect walk up sales.

Maybe £40k to £80k if you say £20 average ticket price x 2k or 4k but I suspect that it will be the lower end of that.

Not enough to make any dent on their debts but maybe pay some of the staff this month.
  • Options
    They've got more than 7 or 8 season ticket holders, be fair.
  • Options
    There game is off now. Only one game on in London tomorrow and that is Arsenal, which is sold out.