Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where can I buy a sledge ?

can't seem to find one anywhere !, even just a cheap plastic one.

ideally welling / b'heath area ?

any ideas...

Comments

• halfords sold out
  • anywhere else that hasn't got one?
  • saw on a forum that b&q could have some. what about homebase?
  • [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]anywhere else that hasn't got one?

erm. elthamaddick's house?
  • i'm saving him a search and trying to be helpful.
  • How about that toy shop in Welling High Street, opposite the Turnpike?
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]saw on a forum that b&q could have some. what about homebase?
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]How about that toy shop in Welling High Street, opposite the Turnpike?

those were a couple of places I thought of, will try tomorrow. Think my little girl will be disappointed if I can't buy one

cheers
  • I got one recently from Hopkins (Ithink its called) DIY at Blackfen High St
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]How about that toy shop in Welling High Street, opposite the Turnpike?

Give them a ring before you go. Nuxley Toys - 020 8304 9038
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]How about that toy shop in Welling High Street, opposite the Turnpike?

Give them a ring before you go. Nuxley Toys - 020 8304 9038

cheers mate (and Falconwood)
  • Just stick a load of straw in a black sack, works much better.
  • nah, buy a tube - as in one of those inflatable things for the swimming pool. saw them in the park the other day, looked class.
  • Just got back from Waitrose and can confirm they have no sledges there.

ps they're a bit low on free range eggs too.
  • i have been sledging with nljr for the last 3 days

so far i have seen

a canoe
    a fridge
    cooking trays
    refuse sacks
    toy boxes
    a ladder
    a bath

all of them going much faster than the run of the meal sledges.

Nljr has got a butt slider looks like a small shovel and you pull the handle up by your nutts and off you go and a pink sledge that we found up there with a hole in it that someone threw away works puker no flipping sledges to buy anywhere over here so you just have to make do
  • Try a blown up air bed too, single, or double for more fun.
  • edited January 2010
    'For sale' signs work pretty well!

And have to agree, nla, seen a canoe today that was absolutely lethal.

Also a mini sailboat thing in which 4 lads went down Tankerton slopes so fast they couldn't stop, shot across the beach and got dumped on the sea, it was fantastic!
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i have been sledging with nljr for the last 3 days

so far i have seen

a canoe
    a fridge
    cooking trays
    refuse sacks
    toy boxes
    a ladder
    a bath

all of them going much faster than the run of the meal sledges.

Nljr has got a butt slider looks like a small shovel and you pull the handle up by your nutts and off you go and a pink sledge that we found up there with a hole in it that someone threw away works puker no flipping sledges to buy anywhere over here so you just have to make do

as much as I'd be happy with any of the suggestions on this thread, my little girl is nearly 3 and speed isn't necessarily the issue !!, she just wants one of the plastic ones that I can also pull her along on !...will keep looking tomorrow
  • edited January 2010
    Legally - Sports Direct in Charlton had loads when I was in there yesterday.

Illegally - find a british gas hole in the ground and help yourself to one of the red and white boards that surround it. Warning a mate crashed into a tree using one when we were kids - result = compound fracture of the tibia! They are bloody fast and virtually impossible to stop.
  • i bought 4 of the shovel sledges ( like nljr's) for £15 from cotswolds at the nugent centre orpington before the lot of snow before xmas.Took the kids up ruxley golf course the next day bloody crackin down the 7th hole.