Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Poll: Extreme Weather

I know its not normally the tropicana here, but we're certainly getting continued weather far worst than the norm.

So with everything snow-covered, minus degrees, football cancelled and travelling nightmare, are you loving it or hating it ???

Comments

• Options
    love it for the kids, although it does affect business ;-(
  • Options
    oooooooo all even Stevens at the moment
  • Options
    Mc Lovin it
  • Options
    Love it.

The pace of life is slower.
    There's less traffic.
    All the sounds are dampened.
    Even shit areas start looking ok-ish.
    It makes you think of happy times as a kid.
    You get to behave like a kid!
  • Options
    Logistically its a nightmare, but its nice to have proper seasons rather than it just being mild and wet 12 months a yr, now 2 yrs on bounce had proper snow in winter and few weeks in summer when its been reet hot aswel hopefully this will happen every yr, we'll soon get used to the conditions.
  • Options
    Nice to look at if youve nothing better to do, but as Steve said, its not paying the wages after a shit December....
  • Options
    I fly back to blighty on wednesday for 10 days, so in some respects I am hoping to see the snow, but as I am hiring a car and driving back from heathrow, I wouldnt mind it gone so I dont crash!!
  • Options
    Snow and wintery weather on an island in the north Atlantic. What ever next?
    It amazes me how the media have talked this up. It really isnt as bad as they make out unless you live in the back of beyond.
  • Options
    After the fun i had yesterday sledging, absolutely love it!!
  • Options
    nice for a day....then it's just a fcuking pain in the arse!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This was the norm. in winter when I were a lad! Eee but, it takes yer back.
  • Options
    Love it - don't drive so had no problems there, had two half days off work with it, been sledging on Tankerton Slopws, had snowball fights, build and rugby tackled a snowman, Whitstable looks lovely in the snow... what's not to like!

Oh, apart from no football, admittedly, including Sunday league and 6-a-side. So good for a couple of weeks, wouldn't want more than that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]nice for a day....then it's just a fcuking pain in the arse!

agreed
  • Options
    Enough already.
  • Options
    Was happy with it at first as it's always nice to see, but to be honest it's dragging on a bit now.
  • Options
    Personally I prefer it to rain because I can go skiing.

Minus 12 here when I left this morning (in France near Swiss border)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Personally I prefer it to rain because I can go skiing.

What area do you live? We passed a beautifull area to the north of Geneva on our way to the Alps this christmas forest lined roads everywhere and fantastic scenery
  • Options
    Ive been snowed in since Jan 1st, no school for the kids since then either. slowly going insane :(
  • Options
    This thread should be sunk... A foot of snow, at most, and a lowest temp of -5 is NOT extreme weather!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]This thread should be sunk... A foot of snow, at most, and a lowest temp of -5 is NOT extreme weather!

Not for you at 17st!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Personally I prefer it to rain because I can go skiing.

What area do you live? We passed a beautifull area to the north of Geneva on our way to the Alps this christmas forest lined roads everywhere and fantastic scenery

We live in St Claude. I'm going back to work now (under the forest and fantastic scenery).
  • Options
    Snow is fine if you do not have to drive anywhere or travel by public transport.

Otherwise it is a nightmare and a real pain.
  • Options
    Snow is great.
    Its fun, and very nice to look at it.
    Its snow, you can find ways to work around it and really it does not cause much disrupton.
    If you live in Britain however, it does cause much disruption.
    We can't even order enough Grit to see us through.
  • Options
    loving it - taxi trade nevere been busier LOL - - I'm kidding.
  • Options
    Back on weds by all accounts
  • Options
    Despite the 2 three hour journeys home (before Xmas) and no trains at Sidcup last Thursday morning..... the children had a whale of a time sledging at the weekend. I am not that much of a grinch to put my children's faces over a couple of miserable journeys back from work.