Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Phil Parkinson

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
Joins Charlton as Assistant manager-this is brilliant news I think.

Comments

• Options
    in the morning, according to Sky Sports

think we have a little coup there. Like the way the structure is looking long-term
  • Options
    What happens to Robbo & Kins?
  • Options
    Great news. Kinsella (Reserves), Robinson, Parkinson and Pards? Or does someone have to make way?

Looks like Hoggy was right after all... Parky for Charlton. Go on, own up, who doubted him?
  • Options
    Good point oggy.we should be able to offer kins a position of some sort.
  • Options
    Hope Hoggy/Oinky kept that betting slip. Not seen this confirmed by CAFC yet BTW
  • Options
    He was first choice for AFKA and I before Dowie came.

His failure at Hull was really disappointing.
  • Options
    This is looking better every week! We beet Boro on Saturday week and we are closing the gap every fortnight by a point - who would you back Curbishley, Peacock and Day or Pardew etc. just hoping Wigan and someone else slip up soon. And that the board and Mills can close the right deals to sort the squad - Smertin or ? + a couple of others including a fourth striker.
  • Options
    Sky Linky
  • Options
    our wage bill must be horrendous with all the comings and goings this season , what with all the contract pay-offs etc...i just hope the directors have deep pockets cos once we're relegated the money wont be so clever in the chumpionship
  • Options
    cafc.co.uk says that he is only here till the end of the season:

Former Hull City manager Phil Parkinson has been appointed as assistant to Alan Pardew at Charlton, the club confirmed on Friday morning.

"This is a fantastic opportunity for me and I am really looking forward to working with Alan Pardew, for whom I have the utmost respect,” said Parkinson.

"With the right level of commitment and application by everyone connected with the club, I believe we can stay up this season.

"All my energies will be focused on that objective."

As well as Hull, whom he left in early December, the 39-year-old has previously managed Colchester United.

But he took his first coaching steps under Pardew when the Addicks boss was at the helm of Reading.

"While Phil is in between jobs I have taken the opportunity to bring him here until the end of the season because I know he can make a difference in terms of his knowledge and his passion to try and keep us in the Premier League,” said Pardew.

Mark Robson and Mark Kinsella retain their current roles but will be re-designated as first-team coach and reserve-team coach respectively.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    it makes sense actually, and appears on the surface to be a win-win situation.

Parkinson obviously wants to stay a manager, he gets four months experience working with premiership players and in a premiership set up, valuable experience for him.

Pardew gets a guy on the training ground he knows and trusts.

The players get a new face, enthasising the fact its a new regime, who will bring fresh ideas and enthusiasm.

And if they approach it the right way, Robson and Kinsella get to work with another well-respected coach to learn and bounce ideas off.
  • Options
    Spot on AFKA.
  • Options
    Just been confirmed on GlobalTopic...
  • Options
    and you don't more locked on that that ....