Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upcoming fixtures and the Boro game

Looking through our games last night and the Boro game is massive! After that we face Pompey, Bolton, Chelsea and Man Utd. Realistically i can't see us getting any more than a point from those 4 ((although the optimist in me says we might sneak a win against Pompey) so we simply have to beat Boro to stay in touch.

Comments

• Options
    imagine we won them all though...

ha ha
  • Options
    we realistically need to turn around 7 points, 5 at minimum from those fixtures.

Its tough, but thats the situation we got ourselves in.
  • Options
    are you including Boro in that AFKA or just the last four?
  • Options
    we need to scrap a win somewhere from those 4 fixtures to stay in touch and then we have a run of games that hopefully we can pick up quite a few points.
  • Options
    If we can beat Boro and scrape a point against Pompey then we'll have 20 points. Realistically we can write off Bolton, Chelsea and Man Utd as anything from them is a bonus. So we then need 6 wins and 2 draws or 7 wins from our last 11. Do-able i guess with a couple of new signings and Bent, Reid and Young back.
    In an ideal world we can beat West Ham, Watford, Newcastle, Wigan, Reading, Sheff utd and look to pick up a point at man city, and possibly everton and blackburn. Am i being too optimistic?

Sat Jan 13 Middlesbrough 15.00 H
    Sat Jan 20 Portsmouth 15.00 A
    Tue Jan 30 Bolton Wanderers 20.00 A
    Sat Feb 03 Chelsea 15.00 H
    Sat Feb 10 Manchester United 15.00 A
    Sat Feb 24 West Ham United 15.00 H
    Sat Mar 03 Watford 15.00 A
    Sat Mar 17 Newcastle United 15.00 H
    Sat Mar 31 Wigan Athletic 15.00 H
    Fri Apr 06 Manchester City 14.30 A
    Mon Apr 09 Reading 15.00 H
    Sun Apr 15 Everton 15.00 A
    Sat Apr 21 Sheffield United 15.00 H
    Sat Apr 28 Blackburn Rovers 15.00 A
    Sat May 05 Tottenham Hotspur 15.00 H
    Sun May 13 Liverpool 15.00 A
  • Options
    every other bastad team can turn round a big gun to keep em ticking over, its our fooking turn to get something out of one of these fixtures, and our away form has to turn round at some point, it has too!

keep believing doods, it might just be our year!

Al al super al!
  • Options
    i'm scared
  • Options
    No point in looking at individual fixtures, i try and look in blocks of games. We need to get to 38 points.

Sat Jan 13 Middlesbrough 15.00 H
    Sat Jan 20 Portsmouth 15.00 A
    Tue Jan 30 Bolton Wanderers 20.00 A = 5 points
    Sat Feb 03 Chelsea 15.00 H
    Sat Feb 10 Manchester United 15.00 A

Sat Feb 24 West Ham United 15.00 H
    Sat Mar 03 Watford 15.00 A
    Sat Mar 17 Newcastle United 15.00 H = 7 points
    Sat Mar 31 Wigan Athletic 15.00 H

Fri Apr 06 Manchester City 14.30 A
    Mon Apr 09 Reading 15.00 H
    Sun Apr 15 Everton 15.00 A = 8 points
    Sat Apr 21 Sheffield United 15.00 H
    Sat Apr 28 Blackburn Rovers 15.00 A

Sat May 05 Tottenham Hotspur 15.00 H
    Sun May 13 Liverpool 15.00 A = 2 points

Its not the first block that its important, its the following two. That will ensure we take points off relegation rivals, and the second block will mean we'll have to turn around the away form. If we don't win an away game we don't deserve to stay up, so it has to come from somewhere.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2007
    at the start of last season i would expect us to win 7 of the nine games in those middle 2 blocks.

how times change