Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Campsites in the South East

After a bit of local knowledge here, please.

It's a bit early doors but the Missus and me are starting to think about where we might go on holiday this summer. The financial climate dictates it's probably going to be camping (although we've got a long weekend in Paris booked for our wedding annivesary). At the moment it's a toss up between peace and quiet on the west coast of Scotland or a bit of site seeing in the South East.

Does anyone know of any good, cheap little campsites in the West Kent/East Sussex area? Preferably somewhere with a shower block and electric hook up (we wouldn't need any more facilities than that) and preferably in a location where we'd be reasonably central for the sites - (Canterbury, Rye, Brighton, Hampton Court etc, etc) as well as within striking distance of the big smoke on the train.

Considering it's the part of the world where my roots lie, I've barely ever visited Kent or the South East coast, other than to catch a ferry so it's probably about time I came down for a proper look around.

Any suggestions of other hidden gems we should think about visiting would be gratefully received as well.

Cheers

EA

Comments

• Options
    Abbey wood has a nice one..
  • Options
    This might get you started...

Yew Tree Park in Faversham - 'The Prettiest Holiday Park in Kent'.

Norwood Farm - set in a working sheep farm near Romney Marsh.

Park Holidays - links to four sites in Kent and one in Sussex.
  • Options
    Thanks chaps, I shall have proper look at these later when the Missus gets in from work.
  • Options
    sheepcote valley site a couple of miles east of brighton town centre is a nice place, although a bit grannyfied. not sure if they have tent pitches but have stayed there in a campervan with hookup a few times http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/caravanclubapps/applications/uk%20sites/Site%20Details.aspx?csid=21975
  • Options
    The biggest one that i know of is in the isle of Sheppy but from what i have herd you dont want to go there. However i dont know as i have never been camping.
  • Options
    Park farm in Robertsbridge on the Border of Kent/Sussex is nice. Always used to let you have a campfire too.

Near Bodium castle and Kent and East Sussex steam railway too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]The biggest one that i know of is in the isle of Sheppy but from what i have herd you dont want to go there. However i dont know as i have never been camping.

Is that post for real?

Pink Lions - that's a camp site.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]The biggest one that i know of is in the isle of Sheppy but from what i have herd you dont want to go there. However i dont know as i have never been camping.

Is that post for real?

Pink Lions - that's a camp site.

Lol, funniest post and quote of the day, quality