Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pub for my leaving do....

I am leaving my company (BBC) in late March and was thinking of having the 'evening stint' at the Market Porter, in Borough Market, on a Thursday evening. Bit concerned that it is very popular, and is it the best place for essentially 'media types' hacks and photographers, plus a few 'arty farty type'. Did not want to use a wine bar but would welcome any advice.Do not want to go anywhere to touristy, city or too 'elite ' as a bunch of freeloading hacks is an expensive night at the best of time. I think there is a couple of people on here who might use this pub, welcome constructive advive cheers!.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]as a bunch of freeloading hacks is an expensive night at the best of time.

Don't worry Ken. The freeloading hacks won't get past the freeloading Charlton Lifers.

If you are paying, we'll all be there.

;o)
  • Options
    Someone mention a Pi55 up?

Ken, me old mucker aint seen you for years hows things? ; )
  • Options
    Ken, wouldn't dream of missing your Birthday Leaving do !
    What time mate ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Ken, wouldn't dream of missing your[strike]Birthday[/strike]Leaving do !
    What time mate ?

We better get him a leaving present Mog, You get it and i'll give the dough later. I've nothing smaller than a Fiver ; )
  • Options
    So it get's your seal of approval then guy's.... I will post the invites on the board, thinking of the 31st Wednesday as I am leaving on the 1st ( April fools day) which in the circumstances is appropriate. time 6ish....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]I am leaving my company (BBC) in late March and was thinking of having the 'evening stint' at the Market Porter, in Borough Market, on a Thursday evening. Bit concerned that it is very popular, and is it the best place for essentially 'media types' hacks and photographers, plus a few 'arty farty type'. Did not want to use a wine bar but would welcome any advice.Do not want to go anywhere to touristy, city or too 'elite ' as a bunch of freeloading hacks is an expensive night at the best of time. I think there is a couple of people on here who might use this pub, welcome constructive advive cheers!.

Check out The Horseshoe Arms on www.beerintheevening.com - if you fancy LB and a bit quieter, it may suit.
  • Options
    Ken,

Did we not meet you at the last NWK meeting?
    We had a couple of Nikons with us.

Steve & Tracy.
  • Options
    yes we did hoping to go freelance again
    going to have to upgrade my camera gear though
    I going to go for a d3x my d1x althogh rebuit is not really up to daily pro use trouble is money!
    Still my choice do you have any advice?
  • Options
    Ken,

Are you sure you need that many pixels that you get with the D3X, are you doing studio work or printing above A3 size ?

The recently discountinued D3 or its replacement the D3s might be a better chioce or you might want to consider the D700/D300.

This is off topic, we should talk in the pub.